Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition WOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hush316

My atm card has already sterted to quiver in fear of being used on yet another cheap gimmik
    what can i say im a tragic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Well, I want the Prestige for no other reason then the collectibility part of it, but for them to actually be collectible, we need production numbers. seriously, if there are more than 10,000 of these then they will NOT be hard to find or even rare. The only way they are worth this price is if they are a truly "LIMITED" release.

My guess is we're looking at something that will not be truly limited by definition, therefore not worth the extra money.

Are there any production numbers out there yet?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Well, I want the Prestige for no other reason then the collectibility part of it, but for them to actually be collectible, we need production numbers. seriously, if there are more than 10,000 of these then they will NOT be hard to find or even rare. The only way they are worth this price is if they are a truly "LIMITED" release.

My guess is we're looking at something that will not be truly limited by definition, therefore not worth the extra money.

Are there any production numbers out there yet?
    No, but like I said, several major retailers are listing it for pre-order, so there are at least 10,000. Best Buy alone has 1400 stores in the US, so you're probably looking at 2-3 copies per location just for them and another 1-2 copies per each of the 3800 Gamestop locations in the US plus another 500 or so for their on-line store. Amazon will probably get 500 units. The New Egg, Buy.com, Overstock, Microcenter, local game stores, etc... is probably another 1,500 units. Realistically I think it's more like 20K-30K when you really get down to it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

They should make the goggles work in game, so you can turn them on and the screen activates night vision.

and it can work for other games too, like ghostbusters.

YEAH! That's the ticket.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Realistically I think it's more like 20K-30K when you really get down to it.
    Well, even at that rate, 20-30K would be considered "limited" in this age of 1M print runs for garbage games. I'm just concerned that it will be 150K or more, like the cat helmet was. Then it's a waste of time and money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Not surprising. The NVG's that we used in the Army were around $4000 each...and that was in early 90's dollars. The cost to replace them was pounded into our heads on a daily basis.
    Those don't cost $4K any more.

I'd be interested to find out how the image quality on those compares with these $30 pairs. If it was easy to jury-rig a couple of the cameras from these on one setup you'd have something vaguely similar to binocular ones.

It would also be interesting to find out if the Modern Combat NVGs are the same as the ones on Amazon, except with a different housing.

Of course, right now the rage is four-tube panoramic NVGs...man, those would be so cool to have. Don't know if those can be bought on the open market, unfortunately, but if you don't need to walk around with 'em you could go for these ($1300). Wearable binocular NVGs are at about $2000 now, although I see Bushnell sells a pair for around $550 - including not only 1x1 optics but also 20x magnification.

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    For anyone wanting to preorder any edition of Call of Duty MW2, Amazon has $10 off the game.

Basically, you buy it for full price, then you get a coupon for $10 that's usable for anything on Amazon. They say they'll email it within 2 days of the release date. Pretty good deal, I think. If you have Prime, they guarantee day of release delivery with your preorder, plus no tax.

I preordered the hardened edition. I think I'll probably sell the CoD code, and then I'll have a nice tin sitting on my shelf for the same price as the regular game.
    The best deal was Amazon's 50% off with $60 of trade-ins last month. I ended up getting the Prestige Edition for $9 after that (and the ECA 10% off discount). Awesome deal