Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Rain

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Heavy Rain

I know this doesnt even come out to next year, but from what i've seen and read in magazines this might well be the game that will make me buy a ps3.

Anyone else anticipating it?
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it has anything to do with this, I'm sold.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

i was after the 'casting call' demo. despite the obvious uncanny valley problems they were having, it showed a lot of potential for their digital actors.

after the latest demo reel tho, i was left witha distinct wtf feeling. the graphics seem to have taken a rather steep downgrade (though the eyes are less creepy). then there was the unwelcome return of quick time events (aside: i consider qte a cop-out, the devs saying, "i wasn't smart enough to figure out a way for you to do this cool stuff with gameplay, so here's some simon says while you wait." this includes gow, even tho i love those games).

so i'm not sure about this one. indigo prophecy showed this team has the ability to make an intriguing premise and interesting presentation, but its clunky gameplay elements and seriously wtf third act are making me very cautious over heavy rain.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Quote Originally Posted by JunkTheMagicDragon View Post
    so i'm not sure about this one. indigo prophecy showed this team has the ability to make an intriguing premise and interesting presentation, but its clunky gameplay elements and seriously wtf third act are making me very cautious over heavy rain.
    I agree. I absolutely loved IP, at least until I had to fire kamahamehas at the end boss and started flying everywhere. Until then, it was a pretty engrossing mystery/thriller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it looks amazing. I have nothing against QTE's, and it looks like this game evolves the QTE a bit. I didn't know they "returned", I never heard they were taking them out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I've been very interested in this game since it was announced, the gameplay looks a lot like a throwback to old adventure games and it will be interesting to see how much the story changes when one of the characters die. I've seen a few people say it looks like it's nothing more than a FMV game, but it seems like much more than that after watching gameplay footage. They've spent a lot of time on this project, so lets hope that it's worth the wait.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There were a few FMV games that were pretty damn engrossing, anyway. Ever played The Pandora Directive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been tracking this game for awhile(despite not having a PS3 yet) and it's always looked very interesting to me. After watching the latest footage on Gametrailers tv a few weeks ago, I want this game even more. It looks like it will be a very unique experience as far as current gen games go.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was under the impression that it was Q3 THIS year....
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

I cannot wait until it comes out.. I am a BIG FAN of Indigo Prophecy, see that it's made by the same creator= A+. I love how you can control the person, and also the rapid tapping of the buttons!
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved their first game, Omikron The Nomad Soul, and of course Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, so I'm really looking forward to this, even though it's a very different style than their older games. With this, God of War III, Katamari Forever, Uncharted 2 and games from other systems hopefully being on PSN (TG-16, etc), I'm pretty much running out of reasons not to grab a PS3. Other than large price tag, which should be remedied shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This shit "to me" tops the suspense you even get from a movie. This is definetely one of my most anticipated games this year, it should be a unique experience and it is really pushing that game/movie boundary in the same vein as Shenmue.

Check it out:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...avy-rain/61346

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've already got my copy fully paid for...eagerly awaiting it
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    I've already got my copy fully paid for...eagerly awaiting it
    Same here! I was so into the articles I as reading about it that I actually went and checked out Indigo Prophecy on Xbox (known as Farenheit overseas) which was also developed by Quantic Dream, and it's great! I haven't finished it because my bloody 360 broke again, but it reminds me a lot of those Sierra games from the days of way-back, with more QTE elements. (Rise of the Dragon comes to mind.)

I know it got lukewarm reviews, but Omikron: The Nomad Soul was also developed by Quantic Dream, and apparently released for the Dreamcast. I as curious about picking it up. Anybody have any experience with it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could barely finish watching the casting call demo.

The voice acting was very poor, and what was with the exaggerated hand movements and facial expressions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really on the fence about this game. It looks amazing, but the fact that it's supposed to be like Indigo Prophecy is both a plus and a minus for me. Indigo Prophecy was a good game overall, it was just too slow paced and boring for me at some points. I'm hoping Heavy Rain will be a little more action heavy. I'm gonna wait and play the demo and see what it's like first.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Still not interested. If it's as good as Indigo Prophecy I'll still end up picking it up, it'll just be 19.99 by the time that happens.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That trailer wasn't too bad, but the "shower scene" one floating around is brutal. In still images it looks good, but the stitching animations are very poorly done. And what's with the character models? Did all of the detail go into the faces? When he reached into his pocket, well, he never really did reach into his pocket.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

The voice acting does get a bit awkward at times from what I can tell, but that's probably because the whole thing is being developed in France. The project leader makes a cameo in Indigo Prophecy, and some of the voices sound like his accent is poking through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I'm really surprised this hasn't been mentioned already, but Kotaku posted the answers for the Heavy Rain interactive site that's out. Right now only way to get it is if you have a UK account, since the US site hasn't started the "investigation" yet, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes to create one for those who can't wait.

I downloaded it earlier this morning and I was overall impressed with what I saw. Moving around can feel awkward at times, but it's no worse than how it was in Indigo Prophecy. The QTE is done pretty well, it can feel pretty intense at times, especially when you miss/hit the wrong button, so it all feels very well put together. The one in the demo doesn't show much with interactive objects during the scene, but everything felt very fluid, it didn't feel much like a QTE at all to me.

The crime scene investigation was pretty neat, nothing too deep, you basically just scan an area and collect whatever potential clues are around. The game cuts off after you leave the scene, so I'm sure things get deeper when the guy heads back to the station to investigate further. The investigating kind of felt like it did in Arkham Asylum, since once you scan an area, it shows the clues lit up and you basically just scan on to find a trail.

This game will not be for everybody and there will still be people saying it's nothing more than a "glorified interactive novel", but for those who enjoy adventure games, it's sure to be an excellent experience.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre