Thread: TG-16 express package, genesis proto, and Lynx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TG-16 express package, genesis proto, and Lynx

The following items have been in my trade box for what feels like forever. I've toted them to NAVA, listed them here and on other forums, and even on craigslist where I have only ever got minimal interest. Please help set me straight if my prices are out of line and maybe explain why they are. None of my prices were going to win 'deal of the year' awards, but all were what I figured were fair based on what was being offered.

Loose Turbo Express portable that is in fantastic condition with perfect sound, and no dead pixels. Along with that I have the following complete titles:
    Keith Courage, Sinistron, Final Lap Twin, Victory Run, Cyber Core.
    And the then loose titles:
    Vigilante, Veigues Tactical Gladiator.

In the past I've offered it up for $200 and then later for $175. Maybe my frame of reference is warped but I thought $175 was extremely fair for what I was offering. That was based on an assumption of $100 for the system itself and then $10/ea for the games. I know when I was collecting this stuff finding TG-16 (especially complete) for less than $10 was rare and Cyber Core and Sinistron are both good games worth more than that. Clearly the lack of interest I've had tells me that I'm still too high. I know packages tend to get less interest themselves but my rationalization for keeping it together is once I sell the express itself, then I'm stuck with TG-16 games, with nothing to play them on and it will take me even longer to get rid of those if at all.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Sega Genesis Prototype for Joe Montana Sport Talk FB II. - Granted it's a sports title but it contains 8 x 1Mb EPROMs and is about 8 inches tall which is not as common as some other protos. I though genesis protos were around $50 for common games and then up for better titles. I've threatened to pull the EPROMs and them use for other projects in past, and I'm really beginning to think that might be the best use for this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Atari Lynx Boxed System, Boxed Battery Pack, Large Case, Boxed Sunvisor/screen guard Games: (all boxed unless noted)
    Bill and Ted's, Chip's Challenge, Crystal Mines II, Dirty Larry, Gauntlet (loose), Hydra, Ishido, Jimmy Connors Tennis, Klax, Kung Food, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, Pinball Jam, Pit Fighter, Qix (loose), Rampart, Shadow of the Beast, Shanghai, Slime World (loose), Steel Talons, Super Skweek, Toki, Tournament Cyberball, and XYBOTS. I had this priced at $175 which again I though was fair considering the majority of the stuff is boxed and complete.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Goblin; 10-20-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

$175 seems fair for the TG Express with the games. In fact, if I had the money right now, I'd buy it off you. If you still have it in about a month, let me know
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the TG Express is a great price, but I've been finding out the Lynx isn't worth anything to just about anyone.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Have to agree that the Turbo Express is at more than a fair price. I think the problem might just be lack of interest in it for one reason or another. Unlike GameBoys and Game Gears which a lot of people remember nostalgicly and have their own separate unique games, there probably aren't a lot of people who had a TurboGrafx-16, let alone a Turbo Express, and it probably doesn't help that anyone interested in TurboChip/HuCard games already owns a TurboGrafx and can play the same games on that.

I'm not trying to say the Turbo Express isn't worth anything, just a theory as to why people may not be interested. It would be like trying to sell a Nomad if the Genesis was never really all that popular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to have to slightly disagree with people. I do agree that $100 for the TE it will sell no problem on eBay and trust me it will. But saying a general $10 a game isn't realistic. Keith Courage you can't even give away free. Although a couple of the titles may be descent, I think it the games that are dragging people away from buying it.

People may be saying they think its a great price but how many of those people are lining up to buy it from you? That should definately tell you something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

I usually see an Express going for $120-$150 (once $200) at stores (I don't trust buying consoles from eBay), and while $10 isn't right for all the games, $175 seems fair for all the games. As I said, if it's available in a month, I'll likely buy it.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post
    I usually see an Express going for $120-$150 (once $200) at stores (I don't trust buying consoles from eBay), and while $10 isn't right for all the games, $175 seems fair for all the games. As I said, if it's available in a month, I'll likely buy it.
    Let me know next month. If I still have it, we can work some thing out. At least it sounds like my price isn't too out of line, although I wish it were gone. If have not been in a position where I needed the money so I never felt compelled to list at a fire sale price, but I also hate the thought of having money tied up in something that I'm not too likely to be playing again.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the other items I listed?