Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Default Fuck the Knicks, Marvel is out on XBLA

Yes yes Marvel vs Capcom 2 is finally out on XBLA for the low price of 1200 xbux.

It comes out on the PSN on Aug 12th for $15!

My impressions:

Great! Netcode is pretty good. 6 player lobbies, ranked matches, all the basic stuff you'd want from a fighting game. Everything comes unlocked so you don't have to spend hours in singleplayer trying to get all the characters or colours.

Basically if you like Marvel vs Capcom 2 then there's no reason not to get this.

Though so far the only problem I've seen is the character select screen lags a little online but after that it's great.

my gt is Overbite, let me take you for a ride.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Where's Yo Curleh Mustache?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Glad to hear that everything is unlocked. Didn't want to go through all that again
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm considering getting this on PSN, but I'm very scared. I've never spent much time on any fighting game besides Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl and I put a few hours into VF4 but didn't really get into it. And the only combos I've memorized are the ones from Devil May Cry 4.

I'm going to suck so much if I buy it, but I'm so interested in trying the game. People are going to call me a loser if I play online and I wouldn't be able to take that very well. Would the training mode help me?
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

There's a local multiplayer-only demo on the PSN you can try.

Be aware though that this game is super fast and crazy because there's usually like 4-6 characters jumping around at all times. It's fun to pick your fav characters and mash it out.

The combos and other moves are easier to do in Marvel because a super is something like qcf+ both punch buttons instead of the normal qcfx2+punch.

This game is nothing like Virtua Fighter.

As for training mode it will help you learn the moves but you wont really learn how to play unless you play real people. Since the game has been out for like 9 years people have had a lot of practice so yes you may get your ass kicked online but there are noob players too! I haven't played this in around 7 years so I suck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

MVC TWITTER GIVIN OUT FREE CODES

http://twitter.com/MarvelVsCapcom

HURRY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goddamnit it's hard trying to find where to input codes on NXE. It used to be very simple with blades but now I can't find shit

I did eventually find it and of course all the codes were already redeemed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    Basically if you like Marvel vs Capcom 2 then there's no reason not to get this.
    Thanks, but I'm happy with my Dreamcast version (spoken in my best old man curmudgeon voice). The new 720p, widescreen aspect ratio sure looks sweet though.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

you cannot play the dc version online

edit: what the hell smiley is that

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I just ordered SF4 (again but now for my 360) for 20 bucks off gamestop and also picked up a hori stick so this will be download and played soon with said hori stick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

you cannot play the dc version online

edit: what the hell smiley is that
    I would think its an or.g..a....s............

Nevermind.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

kinda shitty how the demo is just local versus, I wanna play computers not a controller operated by nobody
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm thinking about buying it, but it's hard for me to play this game competitively o_O Just because of character balance and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's a local multiplayer-only demo on the PSN you can try.

Be aware though that this game is super fast and crazy because there's usually like 4-6 characters jumping around at all times. It's fun to pick your fav characters and mash it out.

The combos and other moves are easier to do in Marvel because a super is something like qcf+ both punch buttons instead of the normal qcfx2+punch.

This game is nothing like Virtua Fighter.

As for training mode it will help you learn the moves but you wont really learn how to play unless you play real people. Since the game has been out for like 9 years people have had a lot of practice so yes you may get your ass kicked online but there are noob players too! I haven't played this in around 7 years so I suck!
    One of the few times I played this game in the arcade, I didn't realize that pushing the two middle buttons would do a two-character super. It doesn't even make sense! Why should you be able to do that continuously without having to build up your meter first? The person I was playing against was probably getting very annoyed. (This was a Venus City cabinet, so of course he was on the other side where I couldn't see him.)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    One of the few times I played this game in the arcade, I didn't realize that pushing the two middle buttons would do a two-character super. It doesn't even make sense! Why should you be able to do that continuously without having to build up your meter first? The person I was playing against was probably getting very annoyed. (This was a Venus City cabinet, so of course he was on the other side where I couldn't see him.)
    you do have to build up your meter and the 2 button specials are on easy not manual ><

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theres now a demo for this game on XBL too, despite how all the media outlets led us to believe the demo would be a PS3 exclusive. I don't think theres going to be any more exclusive PS3 third party content, just timed exclusive shit.

I want this game but I'm definitely going to wait until they have one of their weekly sales. I already have three copies of this game(DC, Xbox, PS2) and while none of them have online multiplayer, I still have three copies of it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Theres now a demo for this game on XBL too, despite how all the media outlets led us to believe the demo would be a PS3 exclusive. I don't think theres going to be any more exclusive PS3 third party content, just timed exclusive shit.

I want this game but I'm definitely going to wait until they have one of their weekly sales. I already have three copies of this game(DC, Xbox, PS2) and while none of them have online multiplayer, I still have three copies of it.
    Are you talking about just from MvC2 or download content? I know the Joker in Arkham Asylum is said by the developers themselves that it is only PS3 exclusive and will not be on the XBL, but all other DLC released will be on both systems.

Unless the media specifically says that the developers said it, then there's really no reason to believe it. I didn't even know the MvC2 demo was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. It was probably PS3 exclusive first because Microsoft is getting the game a week before.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SAV2880

Heck, you could buy a next-gen system almost with a copy of this game for each of those three systems (XBox, DC, PS2)

I bought this last night and played an offline multiplayer match with a friend of mine. The stuff I remembered and wondered was this:

1) I don't remember sucking as bad as it now as I did back then. Will definitely need to practice a lot.

2) Which buttons execute the mega specials on the 360 pad? The shoulder buttons or triggers?

3) Looks absolutely awesome, the graphics are well done.

4) Could you pick the same character three times on the other console versions?

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i can't stand the game despite owning all three US releases. i may buy it as a weekliy sale though.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I was playing this last night. I can't do it with the crappy 360 controller. Half the times I end up doing the wrong special move instead of a hyper and the other half I just do a punch or kick. While I'm not the best MvC2 player out there, I can beat the arcade version fairly consistantly. I barely made it to the 5th round last night due to the controller. I'm not sure what the solution is other than to but that overpirced $150 SFIV stick.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!