Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Default New Splatterhouse info

For those of you here that have been following the twisted saga of the upcoming Splatterhouse game (which, BTW, is still coming out), I have a brand new, exclusive interview with Dave Wilkins (lead artist) and Dan Tovar (co-producer) of Namco Bandai Games America.

Read the interview here.

No, the whole BottleRocket fiasco is not cleared up in this interview - in fact, it's barely mentioned - but hopefully this'll give you a good idea of where the game is heading.
    Last edited by Dire 51; 03-26-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I really liked the promo videos I saw from the scrapped Bottle Rocket game.

I'm interested in seeing what comes of this project and if they can manage to rescue it from whatever play and/or development issues were plaguing the previous design.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

woah! awesome! SPLATTERHOUSE... Viva H.P. Lovecraft!
    Last edited by 77punk; 07-30-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

I may be in the minority here, but I would really hope that they make it a side scroller like the original. I loved the original game (got the coin-op) and the Genesis sequel, but didn't like the 3rd version on the Genesis. You could could just run circles around the monsters and easily dispatch them with a few cheap shots.

I'm looking for anything (Software related, promo stuff, fan material etc....and I'm still looking for a Splatterhouse marquee). So I'm really looking forward to this new project.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by Technosis View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I would really hope that they make it a side scroller like the original. I loved the original game (got the coin-op) and the Genesis sequel, but didn't like the 3rd version on the Genesis. You could could just run circles around the monsters and easily dispatch them with a few cheap shots.
    It's going to be a 3D title. That's been known for well over a year. I'd have liked to see a side-scroller myself, but even I - as big a champion of 2D games as I am - saw the writing on the wall.

I'm looking for anything (Software related, promo stuff, fan material etc....and I'm still looking for a Splatterhouse marquee). So I'm really looking forward to this new project.
    Then keep an eye on West Mansion the closer the game draws to release. There's some interesting stuff in the works...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

More new screenshots and news about the Splatterhouse Twitter page (they're promising giveaways and "real fun" once they hit 666 followers) have surfaced:

http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/new.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

A new article has surfaced in PlayStation Magazine, confirming (among other things) the inclusion of the arcade original and 2 & 3 as unlockables - not DLC, not exclusive preorder bonuses, but genuine play-the-game-meet-the-criteria unlockables.

Check it out here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Third...showtopic=9765

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a nice incentive to getting the game, even though I was already willing to pick it up. I only have the third game, and have been wanting to get the second one for some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The unlockables are great. I love the fact that they aren't DLC or pre-order.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

This is a day 1 must have for me. Alway's enjoy reading your site/links Rob!

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by Dire 51 View Post
    A new article has surfaced in PlayStation Magazine, confirming (among other things) the inclusion of the arcade original and 2 & 3 as unlockables - not DLC, not exclusive preorder bonuses, but genuine play-the-game-meet-the-criteria unlockables.

YES!! I was always going to pick this up but that information makes it a day 1 purchase esp. the arcade port
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Alway's enjoy reading your site/links Rob!
    Thanks.

More info: the official site is back up, and Gametrailers TV will have the world exclusive premier of the new trailer tonight at 12:30 am. I know what I'll be doing as soon as I get off work.

Also: Splatterhouse will be sponsoring the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival XII on April 23 & 24 in Worcester MA.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Also: Splatterhouse will be sponsoring the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival XII on April 23 & 24 in Worcester MA.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! : Cannibal Corpse,Amon Amarth and one of my OLD fav's WHITE CHAPEL!

Pay particular interest to them Dire51, quite an awesome band! (Hoping a tune is in the new splatty game)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I always like features like this. Unlockables that let you play earlier revisions of games. Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black let XBOX gamers play NG1, 2, and 3, and also NG Arcade depending on what version you got. They took the option out with the release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I always like features like this. Unlockables that let you play earlier revisions of games. Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black let XBOX gamers play NG1, 2, and 3, and also NG Arcade depending on what version you got. They took the option out with the release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
    Yeah that alone has made Splatterhouse a must have imo. Really great when they do that.

New Vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...terhouse/64562

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With the original development team gone, what about the stuff they worked on? It sounds like a lot of it is being kept if they're still on track for a 2010 release, or was BR's contribution that insignificant?

Also, is this game going to be like every other third person brawler except not on par with Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta etc.?

Or will it be awesome? Already, Dead to Rights is looking and sounding like a vast improvement over the last-gen (last-last-gen) originals, so Namco Hometek (if they're taking the lead on both of these) has actually been doing some worthwhile work lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! : Cannibal Corpse,Amon Amarth and one of my OLD fav's WHITE CHAPEL!

Pay particular interest to them Dire51, quite an awesome band! (Hoping a tune is in the new splatty game)
    I'll keep an eye out, should I end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    With the original development team gone, what about the stuff they worked on? It sounds like a lot of it is being kept if they're still on track for a 2010 release, or was BR's contribution that insignificant?
    There was no way they could have dropped everything and started from scratch, so a lot of the BR stuff has received a heavy polish, including new skins. The junk like Robo-Ape at least now looks like it fits in with the Splatterhouse look.

Also, is this game going to be like every other third person brawler except not on par with Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta etc.?
    Won't know until I have a chance to play it.

Or will it be awesome? Already, Dead to Rights is looking and sounding like a vast improvement over the last-gen (last-last-gen) originals, so Namco Hometek (if they're taking the lead on both of these) has actually been doing some worthwhile work lately.
    To my knowledge Namco Hometek is taking the lead on Splatterhouse, ably assisted by several former BR programmers and artists. Not the guys that were trying to turn this into Mark of Kri III starring Rick Taylor, though. They're long gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent! Excellent Indeed. Welcome back to the mansion, and get ready to die! Man, I am happy as all Hell with this information. I rarely post in the modern gaming section, but this news just made me have to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Anyone here going to the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival in Worcester, MA. this coming Saturday? See this thread for a Splatterhouse-related offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone here going to the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival in Worcester, MA. this coming Saturday? See this thread for a Splatterhouse-related offer.
    Shit man! I can honestly say that I wish I was going now! How come this stuff doesn't happen in California anymore?