Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New Splatterhouse info

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man i was really had a interest in this game, until i seen IGN... gave it a score of 4.0 i mean DAMN that's bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is there a legitimate way to download a save for this game that unlocks the original games?

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by Illuvatar View Post
    Man i was really had a interest in this game, until i seen IGN... gave it a score of 4.0 i mean DAMN that's bad.
    Yeah and it reall did not deserve that low of a score,given some of the drivel that receives far higher scores....
    If you enjoy bloody over the top and somewhat cheesy action or remember the series fondly at all, there is a lot of fun to be had here. Just make sure to install it on your HDD if you play it on 360 as it is slightly buggy otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by Illuvatar View Post
    Your first mistake was listening to IGN. Scores for Splatterhouse ranged from high (highest being 8.2 by Planet Xbox 360 and PlayStation Unlimited) to low (3 by bit-tech.net), and more often than not the players themselves ranked the game much higher than the professionals. For a fairly complete list of reviews, go here.

And as I once said: "...consider this: other, smaller review sites and player reviews have consistently been in the average to above average range. How is this possible if Splatterhouse sucks as badly as the big review sites say it does? It's not. But because they didn't get paid, they felt it was their duty to trash the game instead of treating it fairly. And the problem with this is that a lot of the mindless sheep out there consider those sites 'the authority.' Hey, IGN trashed it, it must suck. No need to even rent it or borrow a copy from a friend and try it for myself and form my own opinion, right? I'll just go back to playing whatever IGN says is great, because they know what they're talking about. No question about that."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dire 51 View Post
    Bit of a necro-bump here, but I didn't see the point in starting a new thread for this.

Today, after ten years online, I shut down West Mansion - but not before posting what could be the definitive article on the history of the new game. It covers as much of the development history as possible, what might have been if the game had been a success and the possibility of a sequel. Take a look:

http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/requiem.html
    I'm glad you did, when i first saw the demo for Splatterhouse I wanted it. BADLY. But, when I heard what had happened to BR and the whole team working on it.... I was hesitant, to say the least, about purchasing the game. I did end up getting it that January. But I know I am not the only person that started avoiding Namco because i was worried about their business practices. The more the whole story can get out there the better.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dire 51 View Post
    One of the guys on T3M has been poking around the Splatterhouse '10 DLC and unearthed a lot of interesting stuff. Among what he's discovered is unused text, evidence of an alternate ending, alternate phase titles and what looks to be entire missing chapters. He's been posting all of his discoveries in this thread, so feel free to check it out.

I'm in the process of cleaning up the unused text and putting it out there for all to read. The first bit I've isolated is this, which I call The Lost Tale of Captain Francisco Miguel Cortés:

Just to confirm that this is all legit, I messaged Dan Tovar on Facebook and asked him if the name Francisco Miguel Cortés meant anything to him. His response?

"mebbe...hehe"

I'd call that a big yes.
    it's a definite yes. They even did a VO for it. you can find it on youtube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still have a sealed copy for XBox 360 that I hope to someday open and give it a go. The new version of Splatterhouse definitely looks bloody interesting but if that game fails to catch my attention, there's always Splatterhouse 1-3.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonsshadow View Post
    I'm glad you did, when i first saw the demo for Splatterhouse I wanted it. BADLY. But, when I heard what had happened to BR and the whole team working on it.... I was hesitant, to say the least, about purchasing the game. I did end up getting it that January. But I know I am not the only person that started avoiding Namco because i was worried about their business practices. The more the whole story can get out there the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonsshadow View Post
    it's a definite yes. They even did a VO for it. you can find it on youtube.
    You do know that the replies you're quoting are from 2011 and 2012 respectively, right? I was a lone voice in the wilderness, but hopefully I clued a few people in on what actually happened behind the scenes at Namco Bandai in late 2010. Regarding the cut Captain Cortés VO: I heard it right after I made that post, direct from the guy that originally extracted it. He's done so much more work since, even buying and working with earlier betas to dig stuff out that's never been seen by the public. And he has found some very interesting stuff. Here's his most recent video.