Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up
    PS3:
    Lair 5 bucks
    Timeshift 5 bucks
    PS2
    Trivia Pursuit 5 bucks

PS1 for 2, but its got something funky with the cd spinner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

already posted this in july 2009 finds but whatever

I went to a garage sale, right off the bat I saw a boxed vectrex for 100$, then I saw 2 crates of all boxed atari games mostly sealed (all commons) THEN I SAW A FUCKING CRATE FILLED WITH BOXED NES GAMES! 5$ each. I asked the guy about everything, he was a collecter and he sells arcade boards for a living. He brought out a box with boxed snes games, (final fantasy 2 and 3, mario all stars, zelda)boxed master system games (phantasy star 1 2 and 3), boxed 3do games (some sealed). He had tons of phantasy star games, tons of good nes games (nothing super rare, boxed mega man but couldent get it.) He had a boxed sega master system glasses for 100$. I did get his email, he is saving a bunch of games for me including about 50 32x games he couldent find.

for 30$ I got
    street fighter 2 turbo (3do) still in the shrink wrap
    guardian war sealed perfect condition (3do)
    contra super c cib
    mega man x2 cib
    pieces (atlus snes game) sealed perfect condition (motherfucking r7, theirs a cib one on amazon for 130$!)
    super metroid cib
    ps2 network adapter

I also got his email

sorry for huge post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Craigslist pickup to start off the month for me. Enhanced Apple IIe, pair of 5.25" Unidisk drives, joystick, and a box of diskettes for $40.00. I've been on a wild Apple chase for quite some time so it's nice to finally have another one - been about 10 years actually. It's in really nice shape over all and works 100%. Also has a Mockingboard sound card inside.

The box of diskettes is what made me pull the trigger on the package. Lots of good stuff here including many retail releases. Bunch of Ultima, early Electronic Arts stuff, Prince of Persia, boxed copy of Flight Simulator II, hardcover manual for Star Trek Kobayashi Alternative, lots of applications, bunch of MECC titles (Munchers series, Odell Lake, etc.). I haven't went through all the disks as I sort them yet but as of being a little more than half way through I've only come across one bad disk.

Also my girlfriend painted a new ceramic quarter bowl for the cocktail table...

Of course, based upon the theme of one of our favorite pinball machines...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Craigslist pickup to start off the month for me. Enhanced Apple IIe, pair of 5.25" Unidisk drives, joystick, and a box of diskettes for $40.00. I've been on a wild Apple chase for quite some time so it's nice to finally have another one - been about 10 years actually. It's in really nice shape over all and works 100%. Also has a Mockingboard sound card inside.

The box of diskettes is what made me pull the trigger on the package. Lots of good stuff here including many retail releases. Bunch of Ultima, early Electronic Arts stuff, Prince of Persia, boxed copy of Flight Simulator II, hardcover manual for Star Trek Kobayashi Alternative, lots of applications, bunch of MECC titles (Munchers series, Odell Lake, etc.). I haven't went through all the disks as I sort them yet but as of being a little more than half way through I've only come across one bad disk.
    I am insanely jealous. I love old computers and they are very hard to come by around here. I have yet to find even a Commodore 64 around. Great purchase.

Although, if I could choose any Apple II series computer, I would buy the Apple IIc. I love that one. So clean and stylish looking yet portable and compaptable wi... Im starting to sound like an Apple pitchman from the 80s.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh snap Dave, awesome starting haul for the month.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Although, if I could choose any Apple II series computer, I would buy the Apple IIc. I love that one. So clean and stylish looking yet portable and compaptable wi... Im starting to sound like an Apple pitchman from the 80s.
    I've been after a IIc myself, but I always come across them without the power supply and NEVER find the power supplies anywhere. While the Enhanced IIe is what I have history with, my modern practicality (and limited space) leans toward a IIc since it's easier to store. Funny thing is there's a IIgs that was up for sale locally a couple weeks ago, just the main computer and nothing else, for $15.00. Now that I have a couple Unidisk drives I'm thinking about contacting that guy and picking up the IIgs since I can get a keyboard and mouse for it free.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 08-01-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    I've been after a IIc myself, but I always come across them without the power supply and NEVER find the power supplies anywhere. While the Enhanced IIe is what I have history with, my modern practicality (and limited space) leans toward a IIc since it's easier to store. Funny thing is there's a IIgs that was up for sale locally a couple weeks ago, just the main computer and nothing else, for $15.00. Now that I have a couple Unidisk drives I'm thinking about contacting that guy and picking up the IIgs since I can get a keyboard and mouse for it free.
    Was the GS the one that was kind of like a mix of the Macintosh and the II series? It had the Macintosh color scheme with GUI capabilities?
    DERP

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Some of this was from yesterday, but I didn't feel like splitting it up, so it is all going in August.

-Guides: .50 ea (KOTORII, Kingdom Hearts, FFXI, Zelda WW, Silent Hill 3, SH)
    -PS1 games: 1.50 ea (Wipeout longbox all in nice shape, MM8, Oddworld, Bushido Blade) MGS VR was $3 at a different sale
    -Katamari Damacy: 3 at same sale as the guides
    -MTV Music Gen 2 & THPS4: free box at a sale
    -Gen Cadash & Socket, Metroid, SMW: 5 for all. Socket is apparently a real winner
    -Syndicate for 3do: 2.99 at a thrift, nice shape
    -crappy Acclaim wireless NES controllers: $2 and my second set (other set is boxed... not entirely sure why I bought these)
    -Simon: .75
    -Football 2 LED: $1 (1978) at the same sale as the N64 lot below.

Probably overpaid a little bit for this, but I get a little giddy when I see so many good games in one lot. They were asking 75 and I offered 70 which was accepted. This was right at 8am when they opened, and I got a definite vibe from their pricing, etc, that they wouldn't have taken less. I'm always amazed when people bargain at all at 8am.

Game list: Conker's CIB, Perfect Dark CIB, MK64, SM64, The New Tetris, SSB, MP2, Zelda Ocarina, Starfox, Hey You Pikachu w/ mic, DK64. Also, memory expansion pak + jumper pak + puller deallie.

Edit to add a little (boring) tale: The sale with 4 games for $5 was pretty huge. They had advertised on CL that they had "Sega, Nintendo, Super nintendo, xbox, game cube games, etc" and opening at 9am. I got there at 8.30, and they didn't have much out and they said to come back, which I respect since even their signs said 9am. Clearly they had a ton of stuff in the garage area to bring out. Anyway, I hit a few sales and came back at 9. Only xbox and 360 games now, but tons of DVDs and other stuff, though I didn't find anything. I asked about the old games and they said they had to go get them from elsewhere once they were more set up, but they should be there this afternoon. I got naptime off today, so I buzzed down there and now the sale was indeed very big, with lots more stuff out. They had a loose gen2 and loose SNES2 and some games, mostly filthy. They didn't want to sell the systems without knowing if they work, so I picked out a few games. The woman said they had several of each system and will have them out tomorrow. Ugh. It is about 20 min. away, so don't know if I'll make it back to check or not. I probably should have gotten some of the "Indian Tacos" they were selling, cause I'm kinda hungry now. If they'd been making them outside, I probably would have, but I think they were just bringing them out from the kitchen, and I'd rather see what I'm getting.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 08-01-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nice find David, I've been looking for more classic computers around here, mainly a TI-99/4a. I plan on getting an external 3.5 inch floppy drive for my computer first, though.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 8-1-09

Top Loader NES With Dog Bone Controller - $10

The one house at the street sale I was at last week mentioned an Atari they were going to be selling this week. I got to the sale about 15 minutes after it started and they were still setting up. It ended up being an NES, NES Top Loader & 28 games and the guy was still writing up the price as I was looking through the games which ended up being $130 for everything lol I asked him about parting out and I ended up taking the Top Loader which he offered for $10 and I agreed if he threw in the Dog Bone which he did.

Blaster Master Book & 1st Party 3 Button Genesis Controller - .50

Controller was .50, took .50 for both.

Contra
    Duck Hunt
    Gyromite
    John Elway's Quarterback
    Super Mario Bros. 2

$2

Found these fairly early (probably about 9) at an unadvertised sale, all games came with sleeves. No price offered $2.

Super Nintendo with 2 1st Party Controllers, 1st Party AC & RF Adapters

Games

Carrier Aces
    Clayfighter
    Dig & Spike
    Fatal Fury
    Fatal Fury Special
    Magic Sword
    Mortal Kombat
    MTV's Beavis & Butt-Head
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Punch*Out!!
    Super Street Fighter II
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    Wicked 18 (Golf Game)

$10

Unadvertised sale I found near another sale probably shortly before 10. Was $10 for the system & $5 for the games took $10 for both.

SNES Controller (I'm pretty sure this is the version that came with a Mini SNES) - .10

SNES Games

Madden NFL '94
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    Mortal Kombat
    Paperboy 2
    Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure
    Scooby-Doo Mystery
    Tetris Attack
    Top Gear
    Zoop

$3

Found the SNES controller out and marked .10 asked about old games and the one lady went down a few house and grabbed some SNES games they never play anymore, offered $3 which was taken. This copy of Zoop has some label damage on it that I remember as it's the same copy I remember seeing awhile ago that sat around at the pawn shop nearby for over a year.

Mario Kart Double Dash (Complete)
    Mario Superstar Baseball (No Game)
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Complete)

$5

Saw these pretty late in the day, probably about 11. $3 a game took $5 for both no problem with the MSB case thrown in.

Mario Teaches Typing (Mac) - .50

Was $1 offered .25 and agreed on .50.
    Last edited by FOnewearl; 08-01-2009 at 05:42 PM.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

BLOCK Sales,Garage Sales,Flea Markets(My 5 Dollar Day)

Mystery Bin $20.00..

In Bin

SNES System in Box....$5.00...Yes $5.00......(because I bought $6 worth of toys for the kids/not shown)

Super Scope $5.00

$10.00

TV Games $1.00 Each..(with batteries

In Bin

2 For $5.00

I buy and Sell,everything is usually for sale..

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Oh Yea..I forgot about this>>

50 cent..Someone was Creative...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I still regret throwing away the apple IIg computer we had when i was a kid, back in 2002 we figured it was junk and threw it out. We had tons of games and all the acesoories for it.

Anyways went to a huge community sale with about 100 houses today, i was striking gold early and then by about 9:30 it was so busy that there was not a lot of good stuff left. I am too tired to take pics, but i will either later tonight or tomorrow.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Oh Yea..I forgot about this>>
    50 cent..Someone was Creative...
    For some reason, decayed yellow doesn't look so ugly anymore...
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Picked up some games from Zellers over the last couple days:
    All buy 1 get 1:

360: Fifa 3, Beautiful Katamari, FaceBreaker and Tiger Woods 09
    DS: Final Fantasy 3, Lock's Quest, Izuna 2
    PSP: God of War

Also picked up these from Value Village:

N64: Scooby Doo! Classic Creep Capers(loose) - $2
    Duck Dodgers (box and cart) - $4
    Hybrid Heaven (box and cart) - $4

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, Saturday wasn't quite as bad as Friday:

Top Gun joystick, PS1 longbox game (empty... eh), and Spyro plush were $0.50 each. XCar (brand new & sealed) was $2.00

The lady brought me 6 SNES games: Rival Turf!, Jurassic Park, Wing Commander, Street Fighter II, Plok, and Claymates $5 for all 6.

The PS1 games were $1 each ( I don't know how I ended up with Mary Kate and Ashley >_>)

On the tech side of things, the digital photo frame keychain in the box was $1 and the flash drives were $2 for all three. One flash drive is 2GB and the other 2 are 1GB so not bad. I also got a 64kb SIM card with the flash drives (found them all in a box of junk) and I don't know what to do with it.

The photo frame has a 1 inch TFT lcd screen and 8MB of memory. Maybe I can mod/hack it somehow. It's definitely going to be recased in something else.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hit up this indoor swap meet in phoenix for the first time today. admission was a dollar so i wanted to get my moneys worth...

all garbage. i expected a gigantic garage sale and nearly everything for sale was new. it was just a bunch of generic and off brand junk that a normal store wouldn't carry. ridiculous prices, too.

next i hit up a local game/book exchange store. they introduced a clearance section a few weeks back. there wasn't much when i first checked it out, though i did get a couple fifty cent sms games, a couple ten cent atari games, a one dollar saturn game, and a fifty cent intellivision game.

fast forward to today, two weeks later, and i see they've added a lot more... and about a hundred nes games(lots of doubles in there) for a buck each. i picked out fifteen nes games i didn't have(no sports titles), grabbed six atari games(fifty cents) and donkey kong for intellivision which was also fifty cents. i paid twenty bucks and change total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN KEYS View Post
    .....a one dollar saturn game...
    I always pick up cheapo Saturn/Sega CD stuff, if for no other reason to get the case. Even a cracked case might have a decent back piece, insert, or whatever. What was this one and condition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I wish Sega had used standard cd cases in North America. Those Sega CD style cases are death.
    DERP