Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2009 Finds

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I would've grabbed the LSW II, they trade into Gamestop for about $7 and more if there are bonuses going on.
    yeah, you are right. For some reason I thought they'd dropped to 'not worth flipping' levels. Looks like both are still probably worth it, though. Oh well, hopefully someone who needs them to play found them.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Bought ten CDs for $5 today (from the same place where I got those CDs on Monday. I also bought The Greatest Western Themes and Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down The Days for a dollar each, plus four games for MobyGames purposes for $2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    yeah, you are right. For some reason I thought they'd dropped to 'not worth flipping' levels. Looks like both are still probably worth it, though. Oh well, hopefully someone who needs them to play found them.
    Not really worth flipping online, but to GS. There are a few of those I look out for, such as GTA San Andreas, which trades in for like $8.50.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Friday:

No game stuff but I did get a TON (4 boxes!) of 80s GI Joe stuff for $25. There's a case of 30-40 figures and at least a dozen vehicles including the giant Whale hovercraft.

If anyone's curious I will post pictures.
    (I asked the guy I bought it from. He didn't have any transformers stuff and he was keeping his Atari )
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Friday:

No game stuff but I did get a TON (4 boxes!) of 80s GI Joe stuff for $25. There's a case of 30-40 figures and at least a dozen vehicles including the giant Whale hovercraft.

(I asked the guy I bought it from. He didn't have any transformers stuff and he was keeping his Atari )
    All the smart ones do

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Friday:

i'd be curious to see the joe stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

A few things from the past couple days. First some clearance that I couldn't pass up, all sealed new...

Wii - We Love Golf! ($5.00)
    PS2 - Pac-Man Power Pack ($9.98)
    PS2 - Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon SE ($9.98)

Pac-Man Power Pack has Pac-Man World 2, Pac-Man World 3, and Pac-Man World Rally. I had Pac-Man World 2 a long time ago but never quite finished it, I've wanted to play it again for awhile. Pac-Man World Rally is a lot of fun, really surprised me. I still don't own a Wii but I can't pass up $5.00 games that I know I'll play eventually. I bought Innocent Life for my girlfriend and she's been playing it pretty much non-stop since our anniversary. I figured it would be something she'd enjoy as she just recently completed Chulip.

These are from yesterday, $20.00 from a co-worker...

PS1 - Final Fantasy VII (GH)
    PS1 - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    PS1 - Marvel Super Heroes
    PS1 - X-Men Vs. Street Fighter

All are complete and in great shape with the exception of X-Men Vs. Street Fighter missing the side label parts of the insert. Also Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter have general wear to the manuals, just from reading through them and so forth. I keep telling myself "the next copy of Final Fantasy VII you get, you actually have to sit down and play through" but the sweet smell of the cash it could make me always leads me to sell. Think I did pretty good?

Lastly, another Jakks Pacific plug and play joystick, "Retro Arcade Pac-Man." This one has been out for awhile but I just recently found them in store for $19.99.

Actually ended up being free from trading in a bunch of crap I had sitting in a small trade box for a gift card. Trades were all those Ubisoft GBA games I got 6 for $10.00 and got $2.60 and $5.00 each trade value. And the boxed copies of Boogie for the PS2 I bought for $3.00, then got $2.60 back trade value for the games only = 40 cent Rock Band microphones.

Of all the TV games joysticks this one really is the best. It contains 12 games...

Pac-Man
    Pac-Man Plus
    Pac & Pal
    Super Pac-Man
    Bosconian
    New Rally-X
    Xevious
    Galaxian
    Galaga
    Mappy
    Dig Dug
    Pole Position

...has a microswitched joystick and buttons, the twist steering feature on the stick for Pole Position, saves high scores and has a really slick menu system. The games are very good remakes of the arcade originals but of course with these they're not emulated or 100% accurate - but damn close and still a lot of fun. The joystick has a much shorter throw than the other TV Games products which makes it play MUCH better. The one drawback is that the opening for the joystick under the top of the panel feels like it's diamond shaped, which means no diagonals. This is fine for most of the games but for Bosconian and Xevious it hurts gameplay. (I can't remember if the earlier sticks that had those games had eight direction movement - I think they did - just don't want to pull them out of storage... can anyone else confirm/deny this?) Bosconian can be played without diagonal movement but Xevious... well, nevermind, I never cared for it much anyway. Sadly no Ms. Pac-Man and Rally-X has been replaced with New Rally-X. Still, I think this is going to be the one TV Games stick that will stay out.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 08-14-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    All the smart ones do
    I've been going through all of this GI Joe stuff and apparently all the smart ones sell over $200 worth of 1980s toys for $25
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd like to see pics of the Joe stuff as well. I still have all my 80's Joe stuff in storage. Figures are pretty beat up, and of course I cut out the file cards and the "Flag Points" but it should all still be in good shape and otherwise complete.

Picked up a SMB3 (cart/sleeve) today for 1.99 at goodwill, and hit a store that was having B2G1 on basically everything, so I picked up 6 loose 7800 carts for what amounted to a couple bucks each. I have a 7800 that I need to test.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 8-14-09

2x Tiger Handhelds - .20
    FunPack (PC Game) - .50
    NBA Jam (SNES) - .25

First few small finds early starting out the day slow, all IAP.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The (GC, No Manual) - $3

Was $4 but got for $3 mentioning the missing manual this was pretty late probably about 12:30.

SNES System & Games - $10

Asked about games late in the day at a house and this was brought out. Offered $5 which was countered with $10 which I took.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    i'd be curious to see the joe stuff.
    I'll see if I can get a group pic of it all. Right now it's spread out around my garage where I'm just sorting through it. It's included so far: Sky Striker, FANG, WHALE, STUN, a bunch of figures, a big command base thingy, and some other things. Almost all of the figures have their cardboard card cutout.

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

the actual smart ones make $150 million a year salary and dont care what they sell stuff for.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went game shopping today for the first time in over two months (I've been in a collecting slump lately). I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but I found something I couldn't pass up -- a complete copy of E.V.O. for the SNES. It was obviously a rental; the front of the box is faded somewhat, and the manual isn't in very good shape, but I've wanted a copy for a while, and it's the first one I've seen in the wild (in any condition).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yesterday I got fear 2 (ps3) for 25$, it was the last copy at target and I couldent resist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Friday's finds:

SNES:
    Earthworm Jim 2 (cart only)

PlayStation:
    Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge (complete, GH)
    Metal Slug X (complete)
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (disc only, non-GH)*

N64:
    Hybrid Heaven (cart only)

Dreamcast:
    Shenmue (only missing the back case insert - PM me if you have a spare)

* - Metal Slug X had been re-shrinkwrapped, and when I removed the shrinkwrap and opened the case, I noticed that there was another disc until the Metal Slug X disc. I take a look, and it's THPS. I already have a complete copy, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one.

Friday:

I'm interested in seeing pictures as well, but I recommend posting them in the "recent toy purchases" thread in the toy Forum Du Jour.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    I went game shopping today for the first time in over two months (I've been in a collecting slump lately). I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but I found something I couldn't pass up -- a complete copy of E.V.O. for the SNES. It was obviously a rental; the front of the box is faded somewhat, and the manual isn't in very good shape, but I've wanted a copy for a while, and it's the first one I've seen in the wild (in any condition).
    I've only seen it in the wild in 2004, right before GameStop quit taking in SNES games. The Software Etc. at Clackamas Town Center had a cart only copy. I still regret passing it up.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing major, but I did get a couple of nice pickups:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
    Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (DVD)

Picked up both at Half-Price Books for the princely sum of $5 total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    I'm interested in seeing pictures as well, but I recommend posting them in the "recent toy purchases" thread in the toy Forum Du Jour.
    I will do that then as soon as I get it all together. It was all well played with so it's a bit dirty and rough. Most of the vehicles and etc. will be sold for parts via eBay. In my opinion it's still a nice lot of stuff. Expect pictures soon.

EDIT Actually I just quickly snapped some shots. In my garage. Sorry for out of focus parts in some pics. For some reason some of the photos wouldn't focus.

Contents of first box:

The command base I think? Not quite sure what it is.

To see the rest just go to the "recent toy purchases" thread. (I don't want to junk up the video game finds thread with toys)
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-15-2009 at 12:06 PM.

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brother found these today for a total of $70 at the local game store:

Mega Man X2 cart only
    Chrono Trigger CIB

I also found about 30 Atari games that I didn't have yet... some R1/R2, many R3, and a few R4's! All were 50c each!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will do that then as soon as I get it all together. It was all well played with so it's a bit dirty and rough. Most of the vehicles and etc. will be sold for parts via eBay. In my opinion it's still a nice lot of stuff. Expect pictures soon.

EDIT Actually I just quickly snapped some shots. In my garage. Sorry for out of focus parts in some pics. For some reason some of the photos wouldn't focus.

Contents of first box:

The command base I think? Not quite sure what it is.

To see the rest just go to the "recent toy purchases" thread. (I don't want to junk up the video game finds thread with toys)
    Thats the GI Joe command center. Pretty cool toy, I still have it, Did you get the big gun that fits in the front of it? It would of sit on the piece that is at the top leftish of your pic.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found the following at a pawn shop, all for the Nintendo 64, loose but great condition:

Mario Kart 64
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    Mission Impossible
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    Resident Evil 2

Those were $3.95 each. I also bought a small Nintendo 64 bag, which I assume is used to carry N64 games for $5.00