Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2009 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Whoops, sorry about that. According to Play N' Trade's storefinder, the only one left in Houston is over near Sugar Land on the opposite side of the city from Spring. That sucks. Which just leaves the one in Montgomery (just south of Lake Conroe).

If you've got a car, a GPS, and most of a day to kill, you might drive up to Bryan and College Station. I've heard that there's some decent retro game stores there. FX Game Exchange for one. The guys at the FX Game Exchange in Waco told me that the location there has a lot of classic stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I grabbed:
    Metro Gnome Music:
    KOTOR II - $15
    Futurama XBOX - $10
    Tomba 2 missing manual - $20

Bookman's:
    CIB Mint Pokemon Blue - $13.50
    Gameshark GB 3.0 - $9

everything is for ebay except for the Pokemon Blue box, I need that for my collection. I can sell the cart itself for $17 shipped so why not? KOTORII really went down in value. a couple months ago that's $15 profit but now $3.50 profit, but whatever.

I'm heading to orlando for a bar mitzvah tomorrow to sunday, and will probably have time to go looking for games. never been in the state of florida before and know nothing about it, so can someone tell me good places to go?
    Last edited by darkslime; 08-25-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Not game related but I got a bunch of LaserDisc movies today... maybe I should be more specific...

Aliens Special Edition Box Set
    Alien Special Edition Box Set
    Lethal Weapon 2
    Batman '89
    Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek The Motion Picture
    Star Trek V The Final Frontier

All for 7.50 except for the box sets which were 12 each.
    DERP

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    If you've got a car, a GPS, and most of a day to kill, you might drive up to Bryan and College Station. I've heard that there's some decent retro game stores there. FX Game Exchange for one. The guys at the FX Game Exchange in Waco told me that the location there has a lot of classic stuff.
    I believe I went to that FX Game Exchange on a school trip 2 or 3 years ago. We used to go to College Station when we went to the next level of UIL. It was held at a college in a nearby town. (I'm not talking about A&M btw) and the teachers would always let us stop and hang out at a mall the day before the event.

I remember I bought some Atari 2600 games I wanted there, including Journey Escape. I think all of the titles were Data Age releases. I can't remember that much more though cause it's been a while since I went there.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The guy from the Waco FX Game Exchange told me that he goes to all the locations, including the Bryan/College Station store and the one in McKinney, north of Dallas. That McKinney location is really small in comparison to the Waco location, and they have a Subway next door so the store always reeks of crappy sandwiches . The manager guy at the Waco store suggested that I go to their website and email the manager of the location I'm planning on going to and ask them to bring in the stuff I'm looking for, since their locations tend to be tiny and they have to keep stuff in storage. I've been meaning to do that to the McKinney store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

The guy from the Waco FX Game Exchange told me that he goes to all the locations, including the Bryan/College Station store and the one in McKinney, north of Dallas. That McKinney location is really small in comparison to the Waco location, and they have a Subway next door so the store always reeks of crappy sandwiches . The manager guy at the Waco store suggested that I go to their website and email the manager of the location I'm planning on going to and ask them to bring in the stuff I'm looking for, since their locations tend to be tiny and they have to keep stuff in storage. I've been meaning to do that to the McKinney store.
    Speaking of FX Game Exchange, when the McKinney store opened I used to visit it often and grabbed a few 2600 games, a Dreamcast game or two, but soon after I found out that they had a policy that drove me crazy (and still does). They have their Genesis game boxes on the shelf in shrinkwrap with the prices on them, but when you get the game, you DON'T get the boxes or manuals, just the cart! The boxes are for display only! I asked the manager and he said most people only want the game anyway, besides the boxes are worth more as display art so they won't sell them. Later, I found out they were doing the same with 32X games! The prices are higher there, but if you're getting a complete copy with box and manual, it might be worth it, but since you're not, they're just plain high. Is this the same at all FX's or just a managerial decision in McKinney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Speaking of FX Game Exchange, when the McKinney store opened I used to visit it often and grabbed a few 2600 games, a Dreamcast game or two, but soon after I found out that they had a policy that drove me crazy (and still does). They have their Genesis game boxes on the shelf in shrinkwrap with the prices on them, but when you get the game, you DON'T get the boxes or manuals, just the cart! The boxes are for display only! I asked the manager and he said most people only want the game anyway, besides the boxes are worth more as display art so they won't sell them. Later, I found out they were doing the same with 32X games! The prices are higher there, but if you're getting a complete copy with box and manual, it might be worth it, but since you're not, they're just plain high. Is this the same at all FX's or just a managerial decision in McKinney.
    The Waco FX Game Exchange used to/still has a sealed display box for Earthbound. >_<

I offered the manager $20 for it one time and he just laughed and shook his head.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a Wii, 3 wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, 2 power supplies, Wii sports, and a Wii Balance board, Mortal Kombat vs DC universe for PS3, and a ds game about animals for 180 yesterday at a pawn shop.

Hopefully getting MArio Party 8 today and Batman Arkham Asylum today cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Speaking of FX Game Exchange, when the McKinney store opened I used to visit it often and grabbed a few 2600 games
    They had 2600 games? I've been there two or three times, and the only pre-NES games they've had was a single Intellivision game. They did however have some Atari controllers in the discount bin near the entrance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

They had 2600 games? I've been there two or three times, and the only pre-NES games they've had was a single Intellivision game. They did however have some Atari controllers in the discount bin near the entrance.
    I would say that this was a couple of years ago or at least a good 18 months. They had some 2600 carts, loose of course, and I think they were maybe $1-$3 each and I got a couple of fairly rare carts that day. They had 20 or so carts, mostly commons, and those same carts were there for a month of so until they all just disappeared. My guess is they are in the back room somewhere so they could make room for the mountain of NES games they have in the case now.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today was a $2 day! Everything was $2.

Mega Man 3 (cart only)
    DDRMax (PS2) complete
    Microsoft Office v.X Student Teacher 2004 (Mac, sealed)
    Microsoft Works Suite 2002 (PC, sealed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got 2 of those Gameboy Advance collection thingies with 3 Atari games on them. They were $4.99 (half off at Best Buy). Best Buy also had a crapton of copies of Rock Revolution on DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 for $4.99 each (wtf). I got the DS version that was half off so it ended up being $2.49. Rock Revolution must be a pretty bad game to merit such a cheap price.

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I got 2 of those Gameboy Advance collection thingies with 3 Atari games on them. They were $4.99 (half off at Best Buy). Best Buy also had a crapton of copies of Rock Revolution on DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 for $4.99 each (wtf). I got the DS version that was half off so it ended up being $2.49. Rock Revolution must be a pretty bad game to merit such a cheap price.
    Gamestop lowered the price of all versions of Rock Revolution to that some weeks ago. Even online. For NEW COPIES.

It wasn't exactly bad, it just... wasn't very good. Be thankful we didn't get the Wii version, as it seems that one really IS awful.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A pretty expensive couple of days.

This whole lot was $40 on Craigslist. Only the games and accessories were advertised, but the guy tossed in the system (although he said the system wasn't working, if so, the box and everything are mint), the controller, the movies and the anime figures.

What am I gonna do with anime figures? Anyway, neat lot as I don't see too much in the way of japanese items. Well, typically considering this weekend then this lot:

$50 for the following N64 games + system with expansion, hookups and 3 controllers. Another from Craigslist. A bit more than I'd like to pay, but I can make it back from the system and some of the games I already have.

$100 for a 360, HD and power brick. I already had the faceplate and I put it on because this system is modded. It's so I can tell the difference between my vanilla 360 and this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Yeah, I officially hate your guts.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Yeah, I officially hate your guts.
    Did you want the big breasted anime figures?

:3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to a couple thrift stores and found 1 thrift store with a buttload of cd-i stuff. I am going back today to try and get the rest of their cd-i stuff

I got each cd-i game for .99 a piece
    Compton Interactive Encyclopedia
    Paint School 1
    International Tennis Open
    3rd Degree
    Burn Cycle
    Hotel Mario
    Hunt For Red October (movie)
    Clear and Present Danger (movie)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 packages arrived in the mail today, so very happy!

Sega Saturn:
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Sega Ages Vol 1
    Daytona USE CCE
    Sega Worldwide Soccer 97
    Sega Rally Championship

Gameboy Colour:
    Azure Dreams CIB

Other:
    Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack

The saturn titles were a lot on ebay I won for £6, nothing startling but with free shipping it was a small bargain. All contribute rather nicely to the aim of a full pal saturn collection.

Finally got my hands on Azure Dreams for the game, had the PSX version for years but have always wanted both. It's not rare but finding it CIB at a decent price has been a challenge. Paid £10 for it, with free shipping again. SMG OST was free from club nintendo, finally spent those points on something!
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    Other:
    Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack

SMG OST was free from club nintendo, finally spent those points on something!
    Hmm? The SMG OST became available in Europe? Now I'm jealous!

Oh and Kuros, those lots are amazing! Especially that DC, SAT, and PS2 lot for $40.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today at Goodwill, I found a bundle of NES games for 5.99.
    The games were Punchout (The reason I bought it), SMB/DH, SMB/DH/WCTM, and Bases Loaded II.
    I also got a vinyl record, Silver World by Hozan Yamamoto (yes, I got a Japanese record!). Not a fan of music like his, but it isn't bad. I bought it on a whim, to be honest, since it was .99. I am attracted to Japanese things, and I could read most of the album cover.
    Lurking since '05