Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: -=< Ovge 2k9 >=- !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default -=< Ovge 2k9 >=- !

Many have sent e-mail asking and everyone has been waiting most patient. So it is my pleasure to finally announce...

Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition 2009!

Tulsa, OK – August 1, 2009– Classic video games will once again rise from history as mid-America's one and only OVGE returns for the sixth Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition.

On October 24, 2009 video game collectors and enthusiasts from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and even further will come together at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa to celebrate the history of the video gaming industry. “Before the OVGE, people from the surrounding states had to travel across the country for an event such as this,” said Jesse Hardesty, founder and organizer of the OVGE. Doors will open to the public at 9:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m. Cost of admission for ages eight and above will be $5 dollars at the door.

In 1972, the video game industry began with the release of the Odyssey by Magnavox, the first multi-video game system for the home. However, in the early ‘80s an overflow of games and poor sales forced many companies to close resulting in drastic drops in prices for their merchandise. Companies still in business could not compete with the low pricing and lost money from their over stocked inventory causing the great crash of the video game industry in 1983. Since the rebirth of the industry in 1985, with the introduction of the Nintendo Entertainment System, video game sales have flourished.

Still, many video game players are returning to classic video games. With the advanced graphics of today’s video games, why are so many people fascinated with the classics? “Even though modern game systems have amazing graphics and sound, the most important aspect of any video game is that it actually be fun to play. Because classic game systems, like the Atari 2600, had very simple graphics, game designers had to focus on the game-play. Those same games that were fun in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s are still just as much fun today,” stated Albert Yarusso, modern video game programmer and co-founder of AtariAge.com.

"With video gaming being today’s main form of home entertainment, the history behind it should not be forgotten,” said Hardesty. “The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition is providing the youth and their parents a chance to visit and interact with that past.” Numerous video game systems, computers, and arcade machines, will be set up for the public to play. Vendors and exhibitors will have memorabilia on display with many items for purchase.

The OVGE is organized by a group of gaming enthusiasts who want to share their hobby and passion for classic and modern video games with the public.

This is our largest venue to date and there is plenty of space available, so contact us now to reserve your space at the show!

Look to the website for the latest information as we get it! See you in October!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope I can make this years event. I flew in for the day last year from St Louis, but SWA change their schedule to where I cant do that this year.

Insert Coin (Level 0) yummysmokedham's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sent you an e-mail to ovge@cox.net the other day but have not heard back, put me down for two tables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jordan,

I did get your e-mail. I have many to reply to. My apologies, I have my boys with me this week and we literally just got back about 30min ago from White Water Bay. Point is, I've been rather busy with them this week and haven't really been up on my e-mail as I should

Just shoot me another e-mail if you could with what you plan to bring to display so I can finally get some exhibitors on the site.. hehe

Insert Coin (Level 0) yummysmokedham's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good, I was just concerned that my e-mail may have hit the spam filter. For some reason I have a lot of trouble with that. Are we going to be able to setup the night before like in the past? From the wording on the website it did not sound like that was going to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No there isn't any setup the night before. All setup will have to be done the morning of the show this year. None of the venues really have Friday available in addition to Saturday, and the one venue we do have wants twice as much money for Friday night. Just too cost prohibitive this year. But I have made arrangements to have the room opened as early as about 5am if need be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

What's the deadline if I want to pay for an exhibitor table?

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the off chance that there was any doubt on anyone's part, I'll definitely be back this year, with DVDs and games aplenty up for grabs.

In the past I've brought stuff like my Odyssey2 collection (complete with exteremely rare stuff), a working Atari Video Music, the original Magnavox Odyssey, a working Famicom, Coleco tabletops, and so on...question is, what do YOU folks who are coming to the show want to see?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Count me in for a table displaying Colecovisions, Homebrews and a set of Custom Controllers.
    It will be great to see everyone again!
    Last edited by purenergy; 08-27-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Planning to have a table!
    Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad you asked about Friday setup iw as curious when we at the time were thinking about getting a table, but wont due to a lack of wares at this time. But we ( me the wife and daughter) will definitely be coming down from Springfield for the day, and spending the night. Probably going to go to Casa Bonita for supper as is the custom when in that area. any suggestions for game stores to visit as I doubt we'll spend the whole day at the show.

Been a few years sicne our last one, hope to meet you all there!
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good to see that this is happening! I'll try to make it for sure.

There's far too few events in the area to miss out on one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Looking forward to seeing you out there, Neist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing set in stone and I won't know for sure until after the first week of October, but Friday night setup is now a good possibility! Long as the event center continues to not have anything happening Friday before the show, then they will let us setup night before and lock it up for us.

So.. as of now, it would be best to prep for a Friday night setup than to not and then have it as an option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    Nothing set in stone and I won't know for sure until after the first week of October, but Friday night setup is now a good possibility! Long as the event center continues to not have anything happening Friday before the show, then they will let us setup night before and lock it up for us.

So.. as of now, it would be best to prep for a Friday night setup than to not and then have it as an option.
    That's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Glad to see that this is happening again!

This show is one of the few highlights of the year for me... seriously. I look forward to it every year! You can bet i'll be there, and as always, I will be one of the first in line!

I'm already saving my money and counting down the days!!! Maybe i'll get to meet some more fellow DPers this year!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Count me in as going and looking forward to seeing everyone again (or for the first time if we've never met).

The kids and I will be running our own booth this year, but I don't want to go into a lot of detail yet. I sent Crossbow a blurb about it and I'm just waiting for him to put it on the website first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pantechnicon,

I do have your information thanks! I've just been waiting for some more info to be confirmed before I add all the details. There is a lot to add to the exhibitors side of things and the like.

Still plenty of space left for any interested!

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't forget, OVGE folks, you can pre-order any PDF or CGE DVDs you want and pick them up at the show. This way you've got a copy reserved, rather than having to beat the crowd.

I'm still open to suggestions on what nifty stuff I should bring. Someone's suggested Tron swag already, which I'm thinking about...we'll see!

I will be bringing the vast majority of my collection with me, as it's up for grabs these days; if everyone likes I can post a list before the show. I'm still working on doing inventory and pricing on stuff - both boxed and loose carts for a number of consoles and computers. My friend Kent may be bringing his stash of PC DOS games - the vast majority of them boxed with docs - as well. There'll be no shortage of cool stuff. On the non-game-related side, I'll have some DVDs and carded action figures up for grabs too.

Look forward to seeing the whole gang there - there are a number of people I haven't seen in years who are promising/threatening to go, and I'm definitely looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for the exhibitors section, I just emailed Crossbow about the Colecovision competition that will be featured at my table, with some cool prizes!

PDF: Pre-order sent!
    (still hoping you display some Tron stuff...)
    Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I look forward to seeing Flack and Phosphor Dot along with Jesse and everyone else this year.

Planning this year hasn't been terribly efficient but we hope to bring some fun stuff again.

Thanks Jesse for all your hard work!