Thread: Retro Resurrection - The Mickey Mouse Saga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retro Resurrection - The Mickey Mouse Saga

After over a month of work, here's my second episode of Retro Resurrection. In this episode I take a look at all the Mickey games on Sega Genesis. Unfortunately due to Youtubes 10 minute video limit I had to split this into 2 parts, so the 2nd part will be coming out soon (Within a week or so).
    I put a lot of work into this one so please watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITiN-XLJOM&fmt=18

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to give this a bump, I'd really like some feedback on this. With 80 views on this thread someone must have something to say about it. If you didn't like it I'd really like to know why, I'm always trying to improve them.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

I like it, but your voice sounds really dull and you sound bored throughout the video. There's not much to keep your attention in the video. No jokes, no witty comments about the game, just "This game is Castle of Illusion on Genesis, this is why it's bad" And the Mickey Mania cliffhanger is a bit uninspiring to the video.

Other than that, it was pretty good. Very informative and detailed on the games, good comparisons. There just needs to be a bit more pizazz in there somewhere.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought it was very informative. I am going to fire up a few of them, since I do not remember any of them except the Illusion ones. I would like to know how the SNES versions compared to the Genny titles. I only have Mickey Mania & The Great Circus Mystery on SNES. I was wondering if they are any different/better on the Genesis?

Anyhow, great feature. I love the fact you piled a ton of information in the review and also included a lot of screen play. Also, thank you for not being a copy-cat. I am sooooooooooo sick of the rip-offs. I thought it was a great video and I am looking forward to the second one. I realize it was a Genesis review, but I would like to know how the SNES games compare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I like it, but your voice sounds really dull and you sound bored throughout the video. There's not much to keep your attention in the video. No jokes, no witty comments about the game, just "This game is Castle of Illusion on Genesis, this is why it's bad" And the Mickey Mania cliffhanger is a bit uninspiring to the video.

Other than that, it was pretty good. Very informative and detailed on the games, good comparisons. There just needs to be a bit more pizazz in there somewhere.
    Thank you

I thought it was very informative. I am going to fire up a few of them, since I do not remember any of them except the Illusion ones. I would like to know how the SNES versions compared to the Genny titles. I only have Mickey Mania & The Great Circus Mystery on SNES. I was wondering if they are any different/better on the Genesis?

Anyhow, great feature. I love the fact you piled a ton of information in the review and also included a lot of screen play. Also, thank you for not being a copy-cat. I am sooooooooooo sick of the rip-offs. I thought it was a great video and I am looking forward to the second one. I realize it was a Genesis review, but I would like to know how the SNES games compare.
    I never played the SNES version of The Great Circus Mystery nor do I own it so I really I am not sure on that one, but I did look up a little bit about it and as far as I know it's the same with better graphics and sound.

As far a Mickey Mickey Mania, there's a load of differences. But I'll be pointing them all out in the next review.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by HappehLemons; 08-14-2009 at 09:25 AM.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Great Circus Mystery for SNES only has one difference, and that's instead of the house falling down part of the Haunted House level, there's a rotating wheel like in Castlevania in it's stead.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Your review was very good, except one problem. You are not speaking clearly, you sound like a 15 year old.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

No, he sounds like that French guy from ThatGuyWithTheGlasses. I thought he was from there too but then I saw that his profile says United States...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Your review was very good, except one problem. You are not speaking clearly, you sound like a 15 year old.
    When I started making these videos I knew right away my voice isn't really suited for this kind of thing, but I do the best I can. I guess you really have to be interested in what I say to enjoy my videos.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

"Let's start with the worst."

Fantasia popped in my head as soon as you said that.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed this vid. You have a good angle to your topic: how Mickey games were developed by tons of different companies and vary so dramatically in quality.

Your cuts and b-roll are good too, they are fast and interesting and keep viewer's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by HappehLemons View Post
    When I started making these videos I knew right away my voice isn't really suited for this kind of thing, but I do the best I can. I guess you really have to be interested in what I say to enjoy my videos.
    I disagree, I think you decent voice and with a little practice, your tone and pacing can improve. I recommend listening to reporters on the evening news and trying to match the way their voices pause, fall, and rise on certain words for impact, especially if you want to keep with the informational tone of your vids. Good job, looking forward to the second part!