Thread: Nintendo's 7th TV Console Sony's Playstation 4 and XBOX 3?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nintendo's 7th TV Console Sony's Playstation 4 and XBOX 3?

We all know about the past. Atari dominating all videogame companies. A big crash and Nintendo takes over only to fight with Sega. Sega and Nintendo are ready to battle again in 96 only to be beaten by the underdog Sony. Sony becomes #1 and Nintendo #2 while Sega is #3. Sony launches its PS2 and is still #1 Microsoft enters the market and becomes #2 and they leave Nintendo at #3 while, Sega leaves the market.

So whats next?

According to Nintendo they will continue making a TV console. Microsoft looks ready for another fight and Sony is more than ready to continue to be numero uno.

This is how I think things will shape up.

Nintendo will continue to be #3 all through the next console wars, while Microsoft and Sony head of in America a least to be #1. Sony will have the edge but, not by much. At the end of the console wars Microsoft share holders will be very upset at Microsoft and will force them to leave the gaming market. Sony will post their biggest loss, while Nintendo will continue to make money (not as much as before, but there will be a profit at least). Sony will make its PS4 and Nintendo will Make its 7th console ready for a new competion.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think it will happen this way:

PS3 and Cube2 will be released first nearly at the same time, both with a good line-up, as cube2 will be cube compatible nintendo will have about 55% market share in japan and sony 45%, in the us it's 65% ps3 and 35% nintendo, in europe 55% sony and 45% nintendo, after about 9 month the x-box2 will arrive but due to the very good line ups of sony and nintendo it will fail to take away a lot of the market, i expect world-wide sony 45%, nintendo 40% and ms 15%, after this flop the ms shareholders don't want to have a xbox3 and due to the 5-8 billion loss over xbox1+2 ms has made bill gates decides not to make a third try. panasonic realizes that this is a good chance and starts developing an own console which is released a half year before cubeł and ps4 but isn't really able to challenge sony and nintendo, though it will have a lot of fans and so panasonic decided not to make a new console after that but produce new games for the old one, seeing that this isn't such a big deal due to the lack of graphical improvements made from console-generation to generation

ok, i admit, this may seem very unrealistic BUT it isn't as much as you would think
    -Jan

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's an interesting take.

I'm still not convinced that Nintendo is willing to be humiliated again with another console doing extremely poorly in their native land of Japan.

Pride is about the only thing keeping them in the hardware business. (from a home console standpoint, not the portable units). Just think how much money Nintendo could make if they had new Next Generation Marios, and Doneky Kongs, etc, etc on XBOX 2 and PS3 as well as the PC. They would make a tremendous amount of money and not have to worry about the headaches and stuff that comes with having to support a console.

Of course, I also know that Nintendo isn't going to think rationally, and that pride will kick in, and that they will make at least one more console.

I also don't see Microsoft giving up so quickly. For them, losing a couple of billion dollars, really isn't that huge of a concern, so I don't think the shareholders will be so quick to panic.

Remember that Sony is going to be in a difficult position in terms of keeping the PS2 alive, while introducing the PS3. It's very hard to really maintain an old console while releasing a new one.

Microsoft can concentrate more on their XBOX 2, and not have to worry about pissing off 40 million owners of the original XBOX. But Sony has to worry about not pissing of the 40 million people that bought the PS2.

Sure they can go the backwards compatible route, but that's more lip service than anything.

We all know that their can only be one primary console for a company.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what I see happening:

Nintendo is going to release there new system first with an amazing line-up, and I do believe they will make it so you can play regular cube games on it.

I see sony spending a crapload of money on this psp player but they will loose alot on it for one major reason, nintendo has been the ONLY dominate hand held since 1989, which gives it what...14 years over sony? also the gba's biggest fan base is among younger kids who are also avid fans of pokemon and yu-gi-oh. I see sony putting in a lot to this psp and loosing alot more just like sega did with gamegear, even though game gear was really cool.

Microsoft will release there next gen console which will be just like the current system, it wont be able to compete head to head with sony, and they will loose money. Bill Gates may be loaded but he isnt stupid so I think they will pull the plug on the xbox after the next system.

Therefore I see it boiling down to nintendo and sony and because sony is gonna dump on the psp , nintendo will take advantage and bounce back. So there you have it, thats what I see happening.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A couple Billion dollars is no big concern???? What crack pipe are you smoking? They haven't even lost a billion yet and Microsofts shareholders are pissed. THere has been a lot of info coming out of MS lately about the 15 new versions of the X-box thay are making, but no word on the next one, why, gee I wonder.

I don't think any of them make it past the next run. Sony is in the shiter finacially. Micrsoft is lossing to much money to make continueing with the market (counsol wise) a viable buisness move ( And it doesn't matter how much money thay have, they still want to make more) and Nintendo is thinking about filing for bankruptcy (the one where you don't go out of buisness, you just get some debt releif to restructure your company).

Quite frankly all three companies are in the red right now. I don't know where your getting your info about this "12 billion dollar" industry, but apparentlly MS, Sony, and Nintendo are only seeing a fraction of it.

I think its time for SNK to swoop in and take the lead they always deserved.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandver3

I think its time for SNK to swoop in and take the lead they always deserved.

That would be cool as hell after that then nec and sega should come back in too .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@brandver3

what is your source? i haven't read about nintendo having debts or losing money at all, so where do u have that info from?
    -Jan

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I think if Nintendo's next console has the word "cube" in it the company is toast. Unless its "Evilcube" or "Felonycube"

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Doesn't the economy play into this also? I mean the economy of the US and I think the world isn't the best right now also...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Nintendo's 7th TV Console Sony's Playstation 4 and XBOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    Nintendo will Make its 7th console ready for a new competion.
    Nintendo Color TV-Game 6
    Nintendo TV-Game 15
    Nintendo Blockbuster
    Nintendo Racing 112
    Nintendo Famicom/NES
    Nintendo SFC/SFC
    N64
    NGC

I count eight TV consoles so-far (from my unscientific memory).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the launch of their new generation of hardware Sony will continue to be the #1 for another 3 years, Nintendo will be second close to Sony.

Microsoft will continue to do bad, so I think that Microsoft should stick to making software and make their Live net available to all other platforms as well, that will generate a lot more money than trying to push their xbox alone!
    Fairchild, A26, A78, LYNX, XL, ST, V20, C64, Amiga, MSX, Sinclair, G&W, NES, SNES, N64, NGC, GB, GBA, SMS, MD, 32X, and looking for more.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by overengen
    At the launch of their new generation of hardware Sony will continue to be the #1 for another 3 years, Nintendo will be second close to Sony.
    I found this a rather pointless posting. What are you basing this on??

Don't just state something without backing it up with some form of facts or logic.

Logically: The industry is so big nowadays that it eventually will be ruled by giants like Sony, Microsoft, etc. And the "true" game companies will be making software.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's what I think -

Sony will release the PS3, which will double as a maker of toasted bread. However, due to poor toasting bios in the first models people will find that thier houses are buring down with alarming regularity (and their toast keeps going all black, which is a wee bit minor, all things considered.) As a result, punters will be put off punting for Sony after a wash of bad press in the Daily Mail.
    Nintendo, looking to capitalise on this failure, will adapt their game making policy, reducing dev. time so far that their games become little more than two green dots moving around on a Mario wallpaper.
    Microsoft will go the other route, deciding to give the Xbox a steriod injection, making it the fastest, most powerful console on the planet (again.) However, despite the impressive techniccal aspects they'll release a number of generic or ported games, which your average gamer won't buy. In addition to this, the hardware wil cost the average GNP of Boliva, meaning only Mr Gates and a few other high ranking employees will be able to afford one.
    Sony will get their toaster problems sorted, and people will start buying again. 100s of god awful sequals wil be released with the same puzzels and combat styles regurgitated over and over again. The public will love them. Sony experiances mass profits. Becomes A number one (say in an Escape From New York voice) and goes on to for a Mega Corperation with Apple and Glasto-Smith Kilne (or whatever the damn thing's called) and take over the world.
    As a side note: Bandi will continue releasing endless Gundam Wing products for the Wonderswan, untill they loose the rights in 2006. The company promptly goes bust.

So what do I think will really happen? I don't know. I would like to see either an evolution (more interactive games which dont rely on the same old puzzels /combat...just don't as me how...) or a devolution (Mega Drive stylee but with funkier graphics and more in game saves) in terms of game style. For some reason though, I doubt the latter would be popular. I would like to say that the first company that makes this leap, and the first console which 'goes with it' will be sucessful, but we all know this probably won't be the case. Also, an 'evolution' would be expensive, forcing small companies out of the market.
    As you can probably guess, in all honesty, I just don't know (does anyone?.) I just get the feeling that there's going to be a shake-up some time in the near future. This is, as Edge put it, Videogaming's Midlife Crisis.

How's that for a pointless post?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My fiances boss has stock in NIntendo, she got the letter from there corperate office yesterday. But it isnt to go out of buisness (and it isn't definate, its just an option at the moment, so don't start crazy rumors). Marvel did it in the early 90's, and now they are king of the fucking heap, so it could be a good thing for Nintendo.

Sony won't make it through the next round. They are gong to way of Sega. "Hi, we're Sony lets introduce you to our fine line of products. The PSX, the PSP, the PS3, but we still support the PS2", Its like the 32X, Saturn, Game Gear, and Genisis all over again. And the company is in such peril at the moment that I'm no sure they can afford to support 4 gaming systems at once. And as history has shown, do-it-all type systems (such as the PSX and PSP) don't do well.

Honestly I tihnk Nintendo has the best chance, they are palying it safe, I think we are headed for another crash, and it seem like Nintendo knows its coming, while the other two are trying to just put out as much as they can, I think NIntendo is biding its time, going over its mistakes, and coming up with a much better plan for the time around.

Hell, they made it through with the 64 and we all know the Cube is doing 10 times better then that.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Strawberry (Level 2) bobdrywalls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what i think (but dont want to happen) is that there will be a huge video game market crash. games are getting so realistic, you cant get much more real. then after a couple of years, some of the older 8 and 16 bit companies will come back making 2D games. atari will have a new system, nec the same, and the same goes with sega, nintendo, coleco, and so on and so fourth.

theres only a certain point to where you cant get much more realistic. we are very near that point.
    "If I'm not back in ten minutes...Call the police!"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, Nintendos new pres said that same thing a few months ago in a press conference. He thinks pushing technology as hard as you can as fast as you can is going to kill this industry. And as far as I can tell, he's right.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by overengen
    I found this a rather pointless posting. What are you basing this on??

Don't just state something without backing it up with some form of facts or logic.

Logically: The industry is so big nowadays that it eventually will be ruled by giants like Sony, Microsoft, etc. And the "true" game companies will be making software.
    Atari vent out of business because they went broke. Sega stopped making hardware because they where losing money trying to sell it. Nintendo have been making games for more than 100 years and is still making a fair profit.

This list could be a lot longer and the logical conclusion should be that the days are numbered for the xbox (not Microsoft) because Microsoft is still losing money on their xbox. Microsoft is indeed big and wealthy, but if they doesn't start earning their money back it will bad idea trying to keep the xbox alive. This is the reason why I guess that Nintendo will make another consol and Microsft not!

Sony might end up making PS1, PS2 and PS3 at the same time, so what that's nothing compared to what they have in the rest of their catalog. Sony is know to be able to handle supply and demand when it comes to hardware in many different shapes and quantities, they do have some experience from making a zillion of portable players etc. What Sony now happens to have in their catalog is more or less what VHS became for the video market (sorry all fans of MSX ).

The funny thing about the video game market is, that it is very hard to predict so it is still a guess, my guess.
    Fairchild, A26, A78, LYNX, XL, ST, V20, C64, Amiga, MSX, Sinclair, G&W, NES, SNES, N64, NGC, GB, GBA, SMS, MD, 32X, and looking for more.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only one ready for a crash seems to be Nintendo... a market crash would ruin Sony which is only turning in profits on PS2 hardware at this point, not in software. Microsoft's X-Box sells at a massive loss and MS doesn't have the 1st party software support to keep them afloat.

Meanwhile, Nintendo has the brand names like Gameboy that are timeless and the is the only company with all the big-name 1st party characters that will sell big generation after generation, like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon... I mean, everyone said Pokemon was dead. But Pokemon Ruby and Saphire are huge sellers... #2 and #3 three months in a row. That's unheard of in this day and age.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever nintendo does, I just hope they bring back cart's. Although thats not happening I do think that Ps3 will dominate the market due to its great lineup of games for the ps2 that can be sequeled upon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow i have never seen so many replys that favor nintendo in such a discussion, this shows me that the users of this board know what they talk about and are mostly not those ps-hyped kiddies (sorry ps fans )

i don't know why so many people think nintendo will fail, they are the only one making profit, they don't need much money if they make profit, you only need much money if u lose some on ur hardware, and those who said it are absolutely right, noone has a more secure position, they make profit and they have all those characters which sell games on their own, even without marketing (mario, yoshi, link, pikachu, donkey kong, starfox, kirby)
    -Jan