Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Weekend Steam deal: 66% off ALL Half-Life games

As mentioned, you can get all Half-Life games for as low as $16. I'm going to use this opportunity to get the one game of theirs that I haven't picked up because it's still way too expensive: Half-Life Source.

Not a bad deal if you want to fill in the holes in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Aha. I was wondering why there was a sudden update for Half-Life last night. I picked it up for 99 cents during the anniversary special last year, and I got several of the expansion packs for 99 cents each during last December's holiday sale.

As for Half-Life Source, isn't Black Mesa Source stumbling towards completion?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Half-Life Source is just the original HL game running on the Source engine. It wasn't updated or anything, in fact it's very buggy. It's the only game I never got because it wasn't included in later bundle packages.

However, Valve STILL sells that damn thing for $10. It's super old and they don't want to lower the price. I refused to pay so much for what is essentially a tech demo and have been waiting for a sale on it for years, just so I can complete the HL series on my game list.

Now all I need is someone to buy the game for me. Valve doesn't like my PayPal account because my address on file is from the US, but my IP comes out as being in Mexico...
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Huh. Maybe that's why I get flack when I try to pay from my USD account that I made while in the US.

Would it not be simple to create a new Paypal account based in Mexico, just for such cases?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Huh. Maybe that's why I get flack when I try to pay from my USD account that I made while in the US.

Would it not be simple to create a new Paypal account based in Mexico, just for such cases?
    Frankly, I'm scared PayPal will notice that I'm actually in Mexico and cancel my account because of it. I have a friend with a Mexican account and he has nothing but troubles with it -- they don't deposit the money, or they take ages to withdraw it, support for disputes is nonexistent...