I recently picked up a CDX at a yard sale and now i'm testing it out. First i bought NHL 94 CD and it plays fine so the CD side of it seems ok. I bought Shadowrun and it plays ok. But Flashback won't play right. It keeps freezing at different points like at the title screen and even before at the publishers screen. I thought it may have been an old faulty cart. The contacts were dirty (which i cleaned) and the cart looks like it's been through hell.

Then i bought this huge lot of hockey games, NHL 93-98 and NHL All Star Hockey. NHL 93 and 94 play with no problems. But NHL 95-98 won't play at all. All i get it a black screen (I got NHL 95 to play once but that was it). NHL 96-98 look brand spanking new. I even cleaned the contacts just to make sure but no black was on the Q tip.

(Update before i even had this post completed)
This morning, like magic, NHL 96-98 all started playing. That is weird. What do you think could be making the games not load one time but load the next and then not again.

I am using the MK-2103 power adapter if it makes a difference. I did a lot of searching this morning on that subject. While a few people say you need to be using an offical MK-4122 because it's voltage is different, the majority say the 2103 works just fine and some people have been using it for years. I have no idea if that's my problem or not, but i have been doing a lot of searching on CDX problems and have not come up with much except that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks