Default Tempest vs. The World

[Previous message moved to a new thread]
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we expect to find a massive update on the sinister happenings at CGE as well?

John

...still waiting for Matt to respond to me, Joe, Scott, and others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like scaremongering to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

[Message moved to new thread]

Tempest

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I think Tempest has hit the "ignore" button on all of us, and we haven't even installed that feature on the site yet!

A whole lot of people are waiting on an answer to this:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...=118179#118179

I didn't even get a response from the private message I sent you last week that you read - so now I KNOW something is up. Can you please explain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

[Message moved to new thread]

Tempest

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Now you're just making yourself look like an ass. You incite a riot and then pretend it never happened. If there's anything sinister going on here, you're the one behind it, Matt.

If you want to carry on like a child be my guest, I approached you directly and honestly and if this is your response - to simply pretend you never said it and ignore me - so be it.

I'm very disappointed. I really expected better from you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

So sad it had to turn out this way...

Now you're just making yourself look like an ass.
    Takes one to know one Joe.

You incite a riot and then pretend it never happened.
    Incite a riot? Oh please Joe, are we being a bit melodramatic? Where on earth did I ever incite a riot? Have you been sniffing Sean's feet again or something?

All I said was:

Haha... I wish that's all it was, death threats I can handle. Unfortunately there are other much more sinister reasons I'm not going that I won't discuss here. Let's just say that the people responsible know who they are and they're not fooling anyone.
    I never said those things had anything to do with CGE, it was you who insiuated that I had something personal against the CGE. I have nothing against CGE, I don't know where you got that from.

. If there's anything sinister going on here, you're the one behind it, Matt.
    That's me, Mr. Sinister (wasn't he a Marvel comics villian or something?).

If you want to carry on like a child be my guest,
    The only thing childish here is that not one, not two, but three DP staffers hi-jacked an innocient thread about prototypes. Now that's what I call childish Joe. I really expected better from you.

I approached you directly and honestly and if this is your response - to simply pretend you never said it and ignore me - so be it.
    I never denied I said anything (where are you getting this stuff from?). This thread has nothing to do with CGE, you are the one who decided to turn it into that. I will respond to you privately when I feel the time is right, I refuse to turn this into a public flamewar (too late).

Now can we PLEASE get back on topic? We're all adults here (or so I thought), I think we can handle this.

Tempest

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't even know you, Matt, but as a third party who's only read your recent posts to this forum, I would say you're clearly the one acting like a melodramatic child. Publicly posting about "sinister reasons" and refusing to further elaborate is 100% Drama Queen.

-- Z.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest
    So sad it had to turn out this way...
    Me too, but I tried numerous times to settle this with you. You chose instead to ignore me. You didn't ignore a thread about your own site. Mission accomplished.

Incite a riot? Oh please Joe, are we being a bit melodramatic? Where on earth did I ever incite a riot? Have you been sniffing Sean's feet again or something?
    On both this forum and AtariAge you've implied that you'd feel uncomfortable going to CGE - you chose to escalate this when you said this was "worse than a death threat". Your words, Matt. All I was looking for was some clarification instead of riddles.

I never said those things had anything to do with CGE, it was you who insiuated that I had something personal against the CGE. I have nothing against CGE, I don't know where you got that from.
    You implied it was CGE driven. Go back and read the thread - you were questioned as to why you'd feel uncomfortable about attending CGE and this was your response.

The only thing childish here is that not one, not two, but three DP staffers hi-jacked an innocient thread about prototypes. Now that's what I call childish Joe. I really expected better from you.
    You hi-jacked the CGE thread with your comments, now we're even. I AM childish but at least I'm honest. All you had to do was reply to a simple private message or any one of several attempts at getting clarification to your cryptic posts.

Now can we PLEASE get back on topic? We're all adults here (or so I thought), I think we can handle this.
    I eagerly await your explanation, as I have been for the past week. Thanks.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is the most frustrated/pissed I have ever seen Joe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I will respond to you privately when I feel the time is right, I refuse to turn this into a public flamewar (too late).
    Then why did you start this? If this is a flame war then you are the kid running around with the matches.

I dunno the whole situation here BUT I know this.

If you start a topic in public ,directed at the public, then you respond to it publicly.

I think Joe feels your comments about CGE are attempts to sway others not to go to CGE (wether you realize it or not or wether you meant it or not) and for this reason you MUST make your reply public.

I love giving examples to help explain so lets try this.

You go to a friends house with a few others and enjoy his company just drinking a couple beers and talking. Then as dinner time approaches and they ask you how you want your steak. You reply out load, in view of everyone , that you would rather eat the slugs in the garden. Maybee you are on a slug diet and no one knows this. Still you left a bad taste in their minds about the upcoming dinner. Before ONE PERSON passes on dinner and calls it an early night you had best explain what you meant or why you feel this way NOT just to the host BUT TO EVERYONE who is about to eat.

Joe doesn't care what YOU think. If thats what this was all about then you could reply on your own time in a private message. This is NOT an attempt to change YOUR mind and get you to come to CGE. Everyone respects your right to go or not to go. This is about everyone else who hasn't made up their mind yet.

If you comment about CGE in a perceived negative manner then you have to explain why you would do such a thing in the PUBLIC FORUM where you started it. They work hard on this and they care what people who haven't gone yet think. If there is a reason people should not attend then don't you think they deserve to hear it?

Adam

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

'ORF WIV' ES 'EAD!

Don't be a coward... out with it! If you wanted to come to CGE, you would make an effort to correct the problem, no matter how sinister it was. But you won't. So it's obvious your stance toward CGE is "Fuck them".

dave

DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE DORKFACE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I think Joe feels your comments about CGE are attempts to sway others not to go to CGE (wether you realize it or not or wether you meant it or not) and for this reason you MUST make your reply public.
    I'm not sure I nessicarily agree with that, but if it's a public reply you want here you go.

Just to clarify things, I didn't mean to disparage CGE. I'm sorry if it looked that way but it wasn't meant to be taken like that. My beef is with a few members of the DP staff who just also happen to be part of the CGE comittee.

I'm attempting to work things out with them privately, but that part is none of anyone else's business. If all goes well I may even show up at CGE this year (GASP!). I've always enjoyed CGE and I'd hate to miss it, but I think the offended parties here can work something out if we're all willing to be mature and honest about a few things (here's to hoping!).

Now if eveyone is done with the witch hunt can we PLEASE get back to what this topic was about?

Tempest

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Thank you for clarifying, Matt.

As I stated in my PM to you last week, if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

By the way, great job on AtariProtos.com. I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out what's new but that's probably because I don't visit as often as I should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

By the way, great job on AtariProtos.com. I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out what's new but that's probably because I don't visit as often as I should.
    You're not the only one. I need to put up little "NEW" graphics next to the new sections (although I detest those things).

I've moved the previous messages to a new thread, I hope you dont mind given what's happend in this thread.

Tempest

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest
    I've moved the previous messages to a new thread, I hope you dont mind given what's happend in this thread.
    Tempest
    No problem. Actually I never realized that a topic author could split their own thread like that. I always thought that was a moderator function. Never too old to learn!

EDIT: oh nevermind, I see what you did. Clever!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And here I thought this was going to be about a hack of Bart Vs. the World.