Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9 new NES Prototypes NOW with VIDS and PICS !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 9 new NES Prototypes NOW with VIDS and PICS !

HI at all !

First of all: My Name is Francesco and i am from Germany !
    I am not a big NES Fan (maybe because i played with the master System back in the days/sorry ), but i really like this system !

Last week i just found some new Prototypes !

Here the List:

- Captain America & the Avenengers
    - Ikari Warriors II
    - Caveman Ninja
    - Castelian
    - Alpha Mission
    - Zombie Assault
    - Fighting Golf
    - RamPart
    - Solomonīs Key 2
    - TV Game Cartridge (Mario Bros game with different Levels, no titel) Pirate ???

My Question to you:

I am thinking of selling the Prototypes ! Does anyone know how much they are worth ?

EDIT:

Here the Link of the first Game VIDEO (TV Game Cartridge; Mario Bros, different Stages )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMkmx...7839BA&index=0

EDIT:

last 2 protos on ebay !!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...STRK:MESELX:IT
    Last edited by EndingBeginning; 12-06-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pictures?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you sure these are prototypes? From the sound of the last game mentioned, they might just be pirates. It's hard to tell without seeing pictures of the carts. Also, are the games NTSC or PAL? Have you play tested all the games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course these are Prototypes ! I already opened some of them ! The only one (last one mentioned) should be a pirated game !

[img=http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6086/sdc18112.th.jpg]

At the moment i am in spain for holiday .. but i will send you more detailed pictures and videos asap

Best Regards !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndingBeginning View Post
    Of course these are Prototypes ! I already opened some of them ! The only one (last one mentioned) should be a pirated game !

[img=http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6086/sdc18112.th.jpg]

At the moment i am in spain for holiday .. but i will send you more detailed pictures and videos asap

Best Regards !
    One of the games you have listed is "Zombie Assault." In your picture there is a game labeled "Zombie" with the company name "Meldac." Meldac released a game called "Zombie Nation." Does your title screen say Zombie Nation, or Zombie Assault?

Those games are most certainly prototypes. Excellent find. I notice some games are PAL and some are NTSC. Can you list which games are PAL and which are NTSC?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay Protos

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sure !

Sorry, it was my mistake ! The cartridge says "ZOMBIE " the game is Zombie nation ! Sorry !

Pal games:

Captain america & the avenengers
    Fighting Golf

NTSC Games:

- Ikari Warriors II
    - Caveman Ninja
    - Castelian
    - Alpha Mission
    - Zombie Nation
    - RamPart
    - Solomonīs Key 2

I played all of those ! And they are working perfectly ! I am going to make some vids if you are interested ! I am also going to open all cartridges to show you some pics ! As soon as i am back in germany ( at the moment i am on holiday)

How much are they worth ?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it depends on where you plan on selling them. If you try eBay then the games could be potentially removed before you sell them. Selling them here or on another forum could net you more money, and it would be easier to do.

I really have no idea of their value, but they are definitely worth something.

I do know that the sports games, like Fighting Golf, are a lot less desireable than the other games, and are worth much less.

And the burning question:

Where did you find all these prototypes?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    And the burning question:

Where did you find all these prototypes?
    Haha, I second that question, I am also curious. If you found them in Germany, I might cry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I think it depends on where you plan on selling them. If you try eBay then the games could be potentially removed before you sell them.
    Most proto auctions have been running full term without issue lately, I don't think he'd have much of a problem if he went the EBay route. There are several on there now that have been on for some time.

As far as price, I'd figure between $75-$200 for everything aside from the Solomon's key 2 NTSC proto which should net you significantly more depending on who was interested.

I recently purchased a less than desirable proto in Tiger Heli for less than $80 shipped in a well advertised auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And I also recently won a higher profile proto in the form of the this Ducktales 2 for $275 shipped in a well publicized auction that ran full term: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And this Super Spike V'Ball proto has had several price reductions and is still sitting on EBay for $159 BO just to give you an idea of what to expect on low profile protos: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Those are just to give a context to my estimates as my numbers are based around sales of NES protos for the last 2 years. Sometimes you'll see released games go for higher, but unreleased game prices (as in unreleased in a certain format but released elsewhere) can be dependent on who is looking and when. I just recently purchased a Super Turrican NTSC proto for $325 shipped, but that is the only recent sale that I can think of that is similar to your Solomon's Key 2 proto.

You sure the Caveman Ninja cart is NTSC? That's the PAL name and it says "Euro" on the cart.

Very nice finds, cool to see so many protos from so many different companies end up in one place at one time. Likely from a reviewer or magazine maybe?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    Most proto auctions have been running full term without issue lately, I don't think he'd have much of a problem if he went the EBay route. There are several on there now that have been on for some time.

As far as price, I'd figure between $75-$200 for everything aside from the Solomon's key 2 NTSC proto which should net you significantly more depending on who was interested.

I recently purchased a less than desirable proto in Tiger Heli for less than $80 shipped in a well advertised auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And I also recently won a higher profile proto in the form of the this Ducktales 2 for $275 shipped in a well publicized auction that ran full term: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And this Super Spike V'Ball proto has had several price reductions and is still sitting on EBay for $159 BO just to give you an idea of what to expect on low profile protos: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Those are just to give a context to my estimates as my numbers are based around sales of NES protos for the last 2 years. Sometimes you'll see released games go for higher, but unreleased game prices (as in unreleased in a certain format but released elsewhere) can be dependent on who is looking and when. I just recently purchased a Super Turrican NTSC proto for $325 shipped, but that is the only recent sale that I can think of that is similar to your Solomon's Key 2 proto.

You sure the Caveman Ninja cart is NTSC? That's the PAL name and it says "Euro" on the cart.

Very nice finds, cool to see so many protos from so many different companies end up in one place at one time. Likely from a reviewer or magazine maybe?
    I didn't say they would be removed, I said they could potentially be removed from eBay.

It's been a while since I've been searching eBay for protos so I didn't know if eBay's become more lenient with that.

I actually got a Black Bass proto on the Bay for $12 a few months ago, but it wasn't advertised as a prototype game and the seller didn't know that it was that. eBay used to remove auctions of prototype games

Anyways, I did check out the warp zone and examples of all of his prototypes including, Caveman Ninja (Joe & Mac in the US), Soloman's Key 2 have been found before.
    I'm not saying that that makes them less valuable, but there's definitely more than one of them in existance.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They definitely have the potential of getting pulled, but it has occurred much less frequently as of late.

As far as other protos of Caveman Ninja and Solomon's Key 2 NTSC showing up, it shouldn't have a real effect on the value. I would personally pay the same price for a proto regardless of if others were floating around. It could effect value though as whoever owns one would no longer be in the running to purchase another copy, so you'd have less interested parties and possibly a lower sale price because of that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi !

Thanks for all your answers ! I think i am going to sell them on ebay ! But before doing that, i will open the cartridge and take some photos ! I am also going to make some vids !

Caveman NInja is definately the NTSC Version, because its not working on my PAL NES ! So, i had to buy a NTSC NES !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You may be better off fielding offers on the forums before you EBay them, save yourself 15% fees. If you don't get an offer you like on some of them, toss them on EBay on hope for the best.

Very cool (and weird) to hear about the Caveman Ninja cart, I definitely didn't see that one coming!

Anyway, again great find and good luck on the sales!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PM sent.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny I am watching "The Wizard" and reading this thread at the same time,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    It's funny I am watching "The Wizard" and reading this thread at the same time,
    Speaking of The Wizard, when are you going to pull some strings with your contacts and find that lefty power glove?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    Speaking of The Wizard, when are you going to pull some strings with your contacts and find that lefty power glove?
    Heh, all they have are protos, but not even something like that...I'm sure that was only a mail order request or something...I did pick up some stuff lately that was very good, but nothing like that...

LUCAS IS AWESOME WITH THE GLOVE, THAT IS ALL.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has gotta be like the 3rd time I've seen someone come into the possession of that Caveman Ninja cart. They all have that same label.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI from Spain !
    At the moment i am on holiday ! THanks for all your pms ! i will answer you as soon as i am back in germany !

Best Regards EB