I originally posted this over on AA, but there are probably more Sega CD fans over here that might be able to help.

I have a Sega Genesis model 1 hooked up to a Sega CD and a 32X (yes it also forms Devistator). I was playing Popful Mail all weekend when I noticed something amiss. The graphics and colors appear to be correct, but it would appear that the 'dithering' isn't working correctly. By this I mean I see all the pixels and they don't seem to blend right. For example look at this picture (taken from an emulator I would imagine):

Notice how the word MuttonHead is in gold and the border around the status bar is all one color and piece? On my TV the gold colored words are hard to read because they're all pixilated and I can see that the border is made up of individual little pixels and not one solid piece. It's like things aren't blending in right for some reason. I also get the problem in the boxes around the character portraits. I might expect this kind of thing with S-Video and older games, but not composite.

For what its worth I'm using an 6 or 7 year old JVC i'Art CRT TV with all the settings at default (the sharpness isn't turned way up or anything). I tried using a model 2 Sega CD, a model 2 Genny, and a Laseractive unit, but I had the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? At this point I'm ready to chalk it up to my TV being too large and me sitting too close to it (32" and 3 feet).

Tempest