Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: User 'Vileredfalcon' scammed $140 from my friend, what should I do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Pezcore343 View Post
    In this thread there were at least three people who said they have dealt with him in the past and don't see him scamming people. But anyway, I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong, I can't know that for sure. I'm just saying that it's a tad weird how people are looking into his school location, his place of work, it's a bit unnecessary. I absolutely agree with filing reports with any sites he's known to frequent, but stalking his facebook and other personal things are going a bit too far in my opinion. At least by those not involved.
    I think you'd want to do that if it was your $140.

I would contact the local police department about it.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I think you'd want to do that if it was your $140.

I would contact the local police department about it.

I am honestly very close to calling the police. I really don't want to do this. If I were to call the police, would I need to contact the police in my state or call the police in his state/county?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Crazy Climber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I am honestly very close to calling the police. I really don't want to do this. If I were to call the police, would I need to contact the police in my state or call the police in his state/county?
    Police can't do much, did your friend pay with a Credit card on paypal? You might have a very slight chance of a chargeback but not very likely since you sent it as a gift. I don't think you can really do much since it was sent as a gift, you can't even take him to court, etc.. Has he signed in to any of the forums he visits? Has he wrote on anyones facebook wall, etc.. You never know, the guy might be in the hospital or jail or something. I doubt it but just trying to ad a glimmer of hope. I wish you luck and hope everything works out.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You would need to contact police in HIS jurisdiction, not yours. This can be considered mail fraud, however, the problem would be proving it. Where did your friend set up the trade (what website)? PMs or whatever might help. Really should have done this deal thru gtz, but it's too late to worry about shouldas now.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Climber View Post
    Police can't do much, did your friend pay with a Credit card on paypal? You might have a very slight chance of a chargeback but not very likely since you sent it as a gift. I don't think you can really do much since it was sent as a gift, you can't even take him to court, etc.. Has he signed in to any of the forums he visits? Has he wrote on anyones facebook wall, etc.. You never know, the guy might be in the hospital or jail or something. I doubt it but just trying to ad a glimmer of hope. I wish you luck and hope everything works out.
    I think it's been confirmed that hes fairly active.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    You would need to contact police in HIS jurisdiction, not yours. This can be considered mail fraud, however, the problem would be proving it. Where did your friend set up the trade (what website)? PMs or whatever might help. Really should have done this deal thru gtz, but it's too late to worry about shouldas now.
    Thanks, that is what I thought.
    The deal was set up here, on DP. Everyone saw the listing of what he was attempting to sell.
    In the PM(s) before my friend sent the money, Christopher Hughes had asked that it be sent as a personal gift so that he wouldnt have to pay the fees. This sounds like intent to commit fraud to me.
    We have the paypal receipt and records of the few PMs that he sent before just clamming up and avoiding our emails/PMs totally.

I just talked to my friend and he has no problem contacting Nashville police and filing a mail fraud complaint against him. We decided to give him a week to refund the money before we do so. If anyone has any contact with Christopher Hughes (VileRedFalcon), please let him know whats coming. I will send him an email informing him that the police will be called in his hometown unless the refund is sent by Monday, sept 7th. And we are very serious.

If anyone can help me out by helping me find his mailing/home address that would save me alot of trouble.

I also want to thank everyone here for all the support. Its nice to know that it bothers everyone here as much as it bothers me. Its a shame that this crap happens at all, and should not be tolerated. People who pull this shit have to be called on it and not allowed to get away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know very little about the US legal system, but I think that mail fraud falls under federal jurisdiction, so I don't think the local police have the jurisdiction to do anything. In all frankness, I really doubt this would be high on their list of priorities even if they did have jurisdiction.

If I were you, I would fill out this form and see what happens:
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...Complaint.aspx