I've owned the original PSX DDR game for years and I've never bought a dance pad for it because I'm a very cheap gamer and thought I'd get pads for it cheap someday at a garage sale. About two years ago I bought two used DDR pads for a dollar each. Today I finally got around to using them and so I plug them into several different machines and I'm confused as they light up and flash when I press around with my feet, but nothing is registering on the machines. I've tried the pads on a PSX, PS2 and a Wii (for the Mario DDR with a conversion plug) and nothing. So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or are these pads are known to be faulty or perhaps they are just worn out from so much usage from the prior owners? They look a lot like this: http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...12#custreviews .

I'm a chubby mid-30s guy who is trying to get a little exercise in and I don't expect to be hopping and twirling around like the teens in the arcades so I won't need high end like those crazy iON set ups I've seen in garage sales for over $100.00 yet I do expect to have something that will last me a few weeks before I grow tired of it. I just would like to get a little expert assistance from people who had used these things in the past to guide me to a proper pad. Thanks!