Hi there all. I bought a used Sega Mega Drive System some years ago form ebay the seller was a Salvation Army seller. The acution was for the system and one inculded cart Golden Axe II When I got the Mega Drive and checked everything I've noticed the cart had a made at home label. At first I though well another copy of Golden Axe II to my collection by some kid that scratched the label of the cart and created a new made at home one. But I checked the form of the cart an it was like a PAL Mega Drive Cart and it was a lot heavier. So ok I poped the cart to the Mega Drive for testing and the first thing I noticed is that the SEGA Logo that appears in almost all of the Mega Drive / Genesis games flashed up quickly the only thing you can see is the TM (trade mark) at the end but really fast and then the game begins. So ok lets play I checked up the options and everything is exactly the same as the home version of the game. Finished setting up and got to play the normal game. When I selected my character and pressed start I noticed another strange thing, it has a level select after pressing start a number 1 appears so you can change with button A from 1 to 9 so ok Golden Axe II has only 6 levels max and 7 is last boss so I selected 8 and pressed start and it starts the music of the last level and it hangs so ok I powered off and cleaned up the cart and retry and the same, so then tested with num. 7 and the last stage starts perfectly so I checked with 9 and to my surprise it's a level that is not on the home version and I moved the character arround and it stucks no bosses no enemies no thing only a piece of the level. So ok I started the game to check from level 1 and it plays fine but when I finished up the game I noticed another strange thing. No ending credits only the words AABBCCDDFF where it has to say the names of the programmers, testers and so on. and no "Presented By: SEGA" as the home version. So I opened the cart and noticed 4 EEPROMS labeled from 1 to 4. One other thing the game has no region lock so I can play it on my NOMAD too. I will upload pictures from the cart, board, and gameplay I'm planning on selling this cart. If anyone has more info on Golden Axe II Prototypes that can help please share :-)