Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Just so you guys know, I got an email from Amy in the subscriptions department of Imagine publishing and she let me know that they corrected the charge, and only billed me 50 pounds instead of the 80 listed on the website. So, go ahead and get subscribed up!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm curious: Are Retro Gamer subscriptions to the US shipped in envelopes just as they are when you order from the store?

I'm still iffy on it even at this price, mostly because I was pretty sickened by the crap Stuart Campbell pulled over at Neo-Geo.com a few months back. Basically he was called on some errors in an article he wrote, but instead admitting to it or entitling everyone to their own opinions he created this giant ego driven mess, registered multiple accounts to defend himself with against the infamous neo-geo.com slaughter house, and never once attempted to save any face.

It's the only time I've seen a 40 year old man devolve into a 10 year old boy. You could make a top 50 list he said so many stupid things there, telling your readers to "die in chemical fires" sticks out for me though. :P

Now every time I see something written by him in any issue I just think of that and it's all ruined. Bleh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savageone View Post
    I'm curious: Are Retro Gamer subscriptions to the US shipped in envelopes just as they are when you order from the store?
    Yes.

I'm still iffy on it even at this price, mostly because I was pretty sickened by the crap Stuart Campbell pulled over at Neo-Geo.com a few months back. Basically he was called on some errors in an article he wrote, but instead admitting to it or entitling everyone to their own opinions he created this giant ego driven mess, registered multiple accounts to defend himself with against the infamous neo-geo.com slaughter house, and never once attempted to save any face.
    That was years ago. I was pissed at Stuart at the time too, but Internet game forum arguments are not worth keeping years-long grudges over.
    Last edited by fennec fox; 09-12-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I think it's a great magazine with pretty good opinions and articles, but it's the ONLY magazine out there that truly give the retro scene the attention it deserves. If someone could point me to another magazine that really cares about retrogaming then I would be all over it. The one-page "Classic GI" in every 4th Game Informer is not exactly what I call decent coverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's the only time I've seen a 40 year old man devolve into a 10 year old boy. You could make a top 50 list he said so many stupid things there, telling your readers to "die in chemical fires" sticks out for me though. :P

Now every time I see something written by him in any issue I just think of that and it's all ruined. Bleh.
    SC is an idiot, he doesn't care about writing, he once admitted. He wrote for a less than average Amiga magazine in the UK way back. Don't even waste time telling him he's written something wrong. He doesn't research. I wonder why RG so desperate to keep that birthdefect. I cut out his bad writing from RG every issue.

Anyway, any chance of Europe specials?
    Last edited by tom; 09-13-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fennec fox View Post
    Yes.

That was years ago. I was pissed at Stuart at the time too, but it's not worth keeping grudges over.
    Thanks for letting me know.

What I'm referring to was just back in June, so barely even 3 months ago. :P You must be thinking of an entirely different debacle.

I know he has also something similar happen here on DP, that must be what you're talking about? I think I looked it up around that time but it was nothing compared to whats on neo-geo.com.

I digged up a link, but I really don't recommend anyone read unless they want their opinion of RG trashed. Really awful stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If that does change for Canada, that's great news!

My wife just renewed my subscription in August - can I prepurchase another year at the discounted rate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for letting me know.

What I'm referring to was just back in June, so barely even 3 months ago. :P You must be thinking of an entirely different debacle.

I know he has also something similar happen here on DP, that must be what you're talking about? I think I looked it up around that time but it was nothing compared to whats on neo-geo.com.

I digged up a link, but I really don't recommend anyone read unless they want their opinion of RG trashed. Really awful stuff.
    Yeah, I'd subscribe if it wasn't for S C, but for now I get my issues cheap from ebay. Just got the issues 61 - 65 for .99 pence each, and cheap shipping to DE, bargain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh - big deal. One shitty article isn't the end of the world. Just reading the posts of those people at neo-geo.com, they need to chill out a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's not the point, he is writing for a professional magazine, he should show some professional courtesy.

Anyway, it's not the first time this so-called writer SC screwed up.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Meh - big deal. One shitty article isn't the end of the world. Just reading the posts of those people at neo-geo.com, they need to chill out a bit.
    BAHAHAHAHA

That was EPIC. Oh man. Pride and nerdrage colliding. CERN could just study this thread and all their big bang questions could be answered. One day, future generations will read our forums and shake their heads.

Can someone please post that to FlameWarriors? That was the best thing I've read in WEEKS.
    Last edited by Wolfrider31; 10-06-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

So, back on topic of Retro Gamer. My subscription starts with Issue 69, which RG informed me would arrive around October 6th (so any day now). I wonder if I will get it before I find #68 at Barnes and Noble? I was there over the weekend and they still had out the Bomberman issue, #67.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    So, back on topic of Retro Gamer. My subscription starts with Issue 69, which RG informed me would arrive around October 6th (so any day now). I wonder if I will get it before I find #68 at Barnes and Noble? I was there over the weekend and they still had out the Bomberman issue, #67.
    A few notes on my RG subscription. First off, with the crazy conversion rates, my subscription ended up costing $83 USD for 13 issues, which is still like getting 6-7 issues free! SCORE!

Second, I got issue 69 in the mail today and it came packaged only in a simple plastic sleeve but was in surprisingly great condition! Now I need to make a Barnes and Noble run to pick up issue 68. Last weekend, it still wasn't on the shelves yet....grrr...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I just found a Retro Gamer CD (The Graftgold Collection) at a local flea market; is this from the same magazine? It had a ton of old European computer games in it, with emulators, and it piqued my interest a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yep, though it was from the Live Publishing era.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I think it's a great magazine with pretty good opinions and articles, but it's the ONLY magazine out there that truly give the retro scene the attention it deserves. If someone could point me to another magazine that really cares about retrogaming then I would be all over it. The one-page "Classic GI" in every 4th Game Informer is not exactly what I call decent coverage.
    I write for http://www.classicvgm.com/

"Classic Video Gamer Magazine"

I must point out that in the free preview of issue #2, in my Iron Soldier review, the final score of 7 is a misprint as I gave it an 8.5 or something (can't remember now :P). But it is fixed in the printed copy, or so I've heard!
    Last edited by Kevincal; 10-16-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I don't see where there's a in-store price reduction for Retro Gamer. Here in Canada, it still sells for $16 in a magazine store. If it were sold at $10, I would buy it, but $16 is prohibitive, I'd rather order online its French equivalent, Pix n Love.
    Last edited by Lady Jaye; 10-16-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You're thinking of this, probably:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99288

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye View Post
    I am pretty sure this is the one: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103041

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey that was me, yeah great times, me and my Alter Ego, Alison.

Oh what's this pop-up here? www.tripletags.com? Keeps popping up just in this thread for some reason asking for some password. Do I have to be 'tripically' concerned?