Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncharted 2 Collector's Edition Announced! But only 200 made...

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Default Uncharted 2 Collector's Edition Announced! But only 200 made...

From Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5353130/uncharted-...art-book-knife

Introducing the Uncharted 2: Fortune Hunter Edition. It's the game's fancy-pants version, and includes a copy of Uncharted 2, art book, collector's case and a replica of the game's mysterious, ancient artefact. Sounds good. Only, there's a catch.

See, Naughty Dog & Sony want this to be a genuine limited edition deal. Not something anyone plonking down $5 at GameStop can get their hands on. So they're going to be giving them away in competitions on the PlayStation.Blog, the game's multiplayer beta and in PlayStation Home.

Interestingly, we've been told that in addition to the stuff outlined above, the Fortune Hunter Edition will also include codes for special downloads...not sure what those would be, exactly, but they definitely suggest some kind of rare downloadable content. Multiplayer skins/weapons, perhaps?

--------------------------------END-----------------------------------

Well, looks like some lucky kids are going to get Ebay happy this October!

I for one am unhappy about this, I would have purchased it, because I loved Uncharted.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

I thought only one was made and it was under some guy's seat (a ticket for the game kinda like Willy Wonka) at the E3 showing or whatever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    I thought only one was made and it was under some guy's seat (a ticket for the game kinda like Willy Wonka) at the E3 showing or whatever
    That was just a lucky giveaway, there will be other chances to win one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to sound rude but where are you getting the number of 200? The article doesn't appear to make any mention of it.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Looks like I'm going to be playing that Uncharted 2 Beta(once it opens to the public) alot and I'll start spending some time at Home.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    Not to sound rude but where are you getting the number of 200? The article doesn't appear to make any mention of it.
    It is mentioned in other articles and thats the number that someone from naughty dog mentioned being produced.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gambare!

So... what's the real problem here? If you want the game and are a real Uncharted fanatic, go try and nab it on the PSN forums. You have exactly the same chance as everyone else to get one of those 200 copies. If you don't try at all, in the end you can't complain about not getting one, right? Sign up, win and brag here when you get the game. Hell, it's always cool to see a fellow forum member score a big deal freebie like that.

Nice to see a TRUE limited edition version (that yes, you'll need to earn) rather than yet another overproduced "Limited Collector's Edition" that you'll see going for too much money on eBay during the holidays, then see at a greatly reduced price about 3 months later at stores that over ordered them.

It'll be REALLY interesting to see who decides to sell their prize. I'd bet real money that someone at Naughty Dog or SCEA will be keeping an eye on auctions every now and then or one of those uber-fans that didn't get one of the prizes will be sending pissed-off e-mails to both companies when that auction listing goes up at an insane price...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    It is mentioned in other articles and thats the number that someone from naughty dog mentioned being produced.
    Woops! My bad. Just making sure As others have said, nice to see a proper limited edition. Can't wait to see what this starts going for on ebay!
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I got to see the Limited Edition under glass at PAX in person. Looks awsome!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're going to make a limited edition of something, make it available to the people that want it and would actually appreciate it. Manufacturing a rarity is a slap in the face of any fanbase. It's not exclusive, it's manipulation. See also "Mega Man 9 Press Kit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sony has been gearing towards these "game to win" type experiences and I absolutely fucking love it!

I've been trying to obtain many rare collectible in Home by achieving unbelievably high scores on some of the games and I gotta say , it has got me motivated!

Talk about making a gamer feel like a gamer. Awesome stuff Sony has up their sleeves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    It's not exclusive, it's manipulation. See also "Mega Man 9 Press Kit."
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. Theres nothing wrong with legit limited editions(anything under 10,000 copies) but 200? The only thing this will do is make ebay scalpers very rich, while dissappointing many who would have gladly paid full retail for it. FAIL.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's going to be interesting to see which game gets more Game of the Year awards, Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2. Of course, since there are more 360 owners right now, you'll see more players putting MW2 as the best of the year. But I guess they don't matter, the reviewers that are able to play both systems do.

I don't play many shooters so I probably suck at them but I'm excited for Uncharted 2 so I'll try to win one of these.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Sony has been gearing towards these "game to win" type experiences and I absolutely fucking love it!

I've been trying to obtain many rare collectible in Home by achieving unbelievably high scores on some of the games and I gotta say , it has got me motivated!

Talk about making a gamer feel like a gamer. Awesome stuff Sony has up their sleeves.
    Are you gonna feel motivated when you don't win over and over again? The problem I have with this is that there is really no reason to limit the collector's edition to just 200 units or to prevent those of us who are actual fans of the game from having a fair shot at purchasing one. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a full time job, a family, volunteer activities and lots of responsibilities which make it very hard for me to spend hours and hours on Home or any other competition that could possibly lead to me winning one of these. I'm also not the world's greatest video game player in the sense that I'm not going ever beat the leading scores in multiplayer against the best players in the world. That doesn't make me less of a fan or less deserving of having an opportunity to buy this. I could understand if there was some physical limitation preventing them from making lots of these, but there really isn't. As such, I consider this a slap in the face and a disappointment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Are you gonna feel motivated when you don't win over and over again? The problem I have with this is that there is really no reason to limit the collector's edition to just 200 units or to prevent those of us who are actual fans of the game from having a fair shot at purchasing one. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a full time job, a family, volunteer activities and lots of responsibilities which make it very hard for me to spend hours and hours on Home or any other competition that could possibly lead to me winning one of these. I'm also not the world's greatest video game player in the sense that I'm not going ever beat the leading scores in multiplayer against the best players in the world. That doesn't make me less of a fan or less deserving of having an opportunity to buy this. I could understand if there was some physical limitation preventing them from making lots of these, but there really isn't. As such, I consider this a slap in the face and a disappointment.
    Cry me a fucking river!

What happened when you went to the arcades and someone else had the high score on Double Dragon?

You probably called them nerds or went home and cried to your mommy.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Cry me a fucking river!

What happened when you went to the arcades and someone else had the high score on Double Dragon?

You probably called them nerds or went home and cried to your mommy.
    How is that relevant in any way? What does being able to purchase a collector's edition of a game have to do with someone's skill at playing it? Should disabled people or older people not be allowed to own the collector's edition of the game simply because some of them may not have the same dexterity to play the game as a 16 year old unemployed high school dropout? Give me a break. Please come back on the board the day after you lose every single competition for this game and we can compare notes on who is the bigger loser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Everybody will be able to buy this LE. Got money? How about an eBay account?

Anyhow, it's not like you can find stone knives just layin' around or nothin'.

First the game will have to prove it's good enough to get for the LE to be of any interest, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    How is that relevant in any way? What does being able to purchase a collector's edition of a game have to do with someone's skill at playing it? Should disabled people or older people not be allowed to own the collector's edition of the game simply because some of them may not have the same dexterity to play the game as a 16 year old unemployed high school dropout? Give me a break. Please come back on the board the day after you lose every single competition for this game and we can compare notes on who is the bigger loser.
    I don't have a problem with losing at trying this. I also don't expect a Heisman Trophy or Super Bowl Ring for watching football. I mean I don't sit there and say how unfair it is that they spend all their time winning yet I get nothing.

Fact is people are getting something here for paying nothing, it's competition and how you can possibly bitch and moan about that is beyond me, seriously. Making it the ultimate collectors edition.

I'm sorry but i'm a gamer first and a collector second, I see nothing but fun to be had from this. Oh noes if I don't win, but it will be fun trying.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So let me get this straight.

Publisher produces a small number of copies = "WTF? Now we can't get one without paying high Ebay prices! This sucks!"

Publisher produces a large number of copies = "WTF? Now my copy is worthless so I can't get shit for it on Ebay! This sucks!"

Does that about sum up the rule of limited editions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    So let me get this straight.

Publisher produces a small number of copies = "WTF? Now we can't get one without paying high Ebay prices! This sucks!"

Publisher produces a large number of copies = "WTF? Now my copy is worthless so I can't get shit for it on Ebay! This sucks!"

Does that about sum up the rule of limited editions?
    If you are thinking of the overall average reaction each time, yes that's correct. But if you are considering that the group of complainers/supporters is made up of individuals with their own opinion then you are wrong of course.

Personally, if this CE was about $70 I would have gotten it because the game seems great. But to me it doesn't matter, now I only have to pay $60 and it will fit on my shelf easier.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy