Thread: X'eye + Justifier... Yes or no?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default X'eye + Justifier... Yes or no?

I've read some conflicting reports. Can anyone confirm for me that the Konami Justifier works with the X'eye? Specifically, I want to use it with Snatcher. Just wondering before I plunk down the cash.
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sure does, my buddy, with the only CRT in the house was playing Lethal Enforcers on it.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome, thanks! That's what I wanted to hear!
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll back this one up also. The Justifier works just fine with the X-Eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I've read some conflicting reports. Can anyone confirm for me that the Konami Justifier works with the X'eye? Specifically, I want to use it with Snatcher. Just wondering before I plunk down the cash.
    Funny you should bring this up because I was just pondering picking up a Justifier for $5 at a local game store so that I could use it for Snatcher as well. Now that the question has been answered, I have another one. Will the Justifier work on a flat screen lcd tv?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Now that the question has been answered, I have another one. Will the Justifier work on a flat screen lcd tv?
    Nope... Light gun games are why every classic gamer needs a CRT!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes it works w/ X'Eye but NO it doesn't work with Snatcher. Or if it does I couldn't figure out how to use it. It works fine w/ Lethal Enforcers tho. The problem is the way that the shooting scenes work. You push left, right, up, down or left then up or down, or right then up or down to shoot enemies as they appear in quadrants on the screen. The light gun doesn't seem to work the exact same way as a D-Pad. It gets stuck in one quadrant and won't move no matter what you do, until it finally DOES move for no apparently reason only to get stuck in the new quadrant. Frankly I don't think a light gun would make the shooting sections easier even if it did work properly. (Can't say if it would make them more fun or not, who knows?) What is weird is that the game clearly has an option to allow you to use a light gun + controller for the game, yet it doesn't seem to work at all.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mobiusclimber: The Justifier certainly works with Snatcher, I remember checking it out some years ago. I can't remember the exact details on how it works, but I don't recall any of the troubles you mention.

I do remember switching back to the pad only controls though, I didn't see any great benefit of having the hulking Justifier sitting around just for those shooting sections which play fine with the pad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope... Light gun games are why every classic gamer needs a CRT!
    Damn it. I won't be able to get a CRT until I move into a bigger house. But I may still pick the justifier up since it's only $5.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    Yes it works w/ X'Eye but NO it doesn't work with Snatcher. Or if it does I couldn't figure out how to use it. It works fine w/ Lethal Enforcers tho. The problem is the way that the shooting scenes work. You push left, right, up, down or left then up or down, or right then up or down to shoot enemies as they appear in quadrants on the screen. The light gun doesn't seem to work the exact same way as a D-Pad. It gets stuck in one quadrant and won't move no matter what you do, until it finally DOES move for no apparently reason only to get stuck in the new quadrant. Frankly I don't think a light gun would make the shooting sections easier even if it did work properly. (Can't say if it would make them more fun or not, who knows?) What is weird is that the game clearly has an option to allow you to use a light gun + controller for the game, yet it doesn't seem to work at all.
    Wait, is this specifically when playing on the X'eye or in general? Because lots of people have played Snatcher with the Justifier, but maybe it's the X'eye+Snatcher+Justifier combo that's wonky?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I'm getting it mixed up. I played it on the CDX. I can try it tomorrow on the X'Eye and let you know, tho, since I own one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wait, is this specifically when playing on the X'eye or in general? Because lots of people have played Snatcher with the Justifier, but maybe it's the X'eye+Snatcher+Justifier combo that's wonky?
    Actually I remember a similar problem when trying to play Snatcher on my JVC X'Eye with the Justifier. It would get stuck in one square and then like flicker around to others. I had assumed it was something with my AV switchers or the like but if I remember correctly it worked fine with Lethal Enforcer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went ahead and hooked up the X'Eye I've been trying to sell so I could test this out. The Justifier seems to work slightly better with the X'Eye than it did with the CDX but that could be because I had a better idea of how the shooting segments worked. It still didn't play well at all. I'd really recommend just using the controller instead.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I went ahead and hooked up the X'Eye I've been trying to sell so I could test this out. The Justifier seems to work slightly better with the X'Eye than it did with the CDX but that could be because I had a better idea of how the shooting segments worked. It still didn't play well at all. I'd really recommend just using the controller instead.
    Aww, lame. So is the way it plays on the X'Eye the same as how it plays with a regular Sega CD? I'm just trying to narrow down if it's a problem with the combination or if that's how the game is made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly want to say it's that way, period, but I don't know for sure, and other people on here seem to think it plays fine, which leads me to say it might work better on a regular Sega CD. Honestly, tho, the shooting segments are tricky and require very fast movements. If you tried to play a shmup with a light gun it would be a real pain in the butt, wouldn't it? It's kinda like that. I just can't imagine it being easy to play the shooting parts with a gun. It was definitely designed w/ the controller in mind. That's the whole point of having grids on the screen.

At any rate, I don't own a regular Sega CD (that works ) so I can't test it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

test number 2

are you using the proprietary sega port or the standard composite port for video?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the CDX I'm using a 32X which seems to only have one port out to the tv. On the X'Eye... I couldn't tell you. It's an RF adapter with pins so I'd guess that's proprietary Sega?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IO have the X-Eye and Sega Genesis one with the Sega CD One unit and 32-X. The gun works just fine on both units. However, I am running through RCA Jacks and not an RF Unit. Not sure that would make a whole lot of difference, but that's what's going on here. Snatcher works just fine for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I stated, the gun itself works just fine, just not with Snatcher. Lethal Enforcers works great. Maybe there's a trick to using the light gun w/ Snatcher that I don't know. I didn't have a problem aiming and shooting the guys that pop up in Lethal Enforcers tho (I didn't play WELL exactly, but that's cuz I'm not very good at light gun games; I certainly had an easier time of it than I did with Snatcher).