Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Default Where to get Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Well, I just finished the main part of the game on my flash card and I have to say if brings back old memories. I want to get both versions of the game, but everyone either has one or the other not both. Either that or they are really expensive. The only store I was told about wanted $75 just for ONE!

I live in NJ and want to try and find a good importer with a fair price. I'm willing to pay $60, maybe $65 for one and $120 for both. Anyone know any?

BTW, before you guys say Play-Asia, with shipping, both come out to about $150 for UPS and EMS shippings and they don't have Soul Silver in stock. I'm also looking for them brand new, of course.

I would've put this in Buying and Selling, but I'm more looking for a store to buy them at in my area, but if any members can help themselves, that would be cool too.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Why don't you just wait till they get their stateside release in a few months? We're talking Pokemon here, not something that won't get released stateside only when the stars align with the blemishes on Miyamoto's nose.

I don't think (other than names) that much will really change between the US and Japanese releases of the games.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Why don't you just wait till they get their stateside release in a few months? We're talking Pokemon here, not something that won't get released stateside only when the stars align with the blemishes on Miyamoto's nose.

I don't think (other than names) that much will really change between the US and Japanese releases of the games.
    Because that would make too much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

They aren't coming out in the us till april of next year.

and asking someone why they want a game is silly, obviously the original poster enjoys the japanese version and would like to own it...duh?,

play-asia might be your best bet for it new, just remeber both games come with that pedometer thing so the price is going to be pretty high till they re-release it seperately.

YA DOOWDZ U SHULDZ GETZ HALOZ INSTEAD CUZ POKEMON IS 4 DA FAGZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post

many times the us versions never have access to the same wifi events and thus you can't get certain legendary pokemon if you only have the us version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    What happens if you enjoy both?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    They aren't coming out in the us till april of next year.

and asking someone why they want a game is silly, obviously the original poster enjoys the japanese version and would like to own it...duh?,

I didn't say that at all. I didn't say it was silly to want and he made it quite clear that it brought back those fuzzy memories of yore. I'm all for fuzzy memories (heck, even tingly ones) and since he was talking about the issue of being able to get the games at a reasonable price I just offered up a suggestion. He didn't make any comments about not having access to the special WiFi events that are Japan exclusive or that he was going all crazy for all the legendary and uber rare Pokemon. If thats where he is and partially why he wants it, then he's got no choice but to import copies now.

For the record, i've got ALL us Pokemon DS releases, bought the wife an import Pikachu DSlite for Xmas when they released. We've got a gaggle of Pokemon plushies on her desk (and a few on mine). I've got a Plusle that sits in my car's cup holder and holds my cell phone when I drive around. We watch Pokemon every Saturday morning and hell, we've even got Pokemon branded AA Batteries that we picked up at a CGE!

I'd stop there, but when I was dating my wife and we lived 2200 miles apart that I'd send her Pokemon Mac & Cheese when it was available and for our one year wedding anniversary, the one last box that i'd made sure was uneaten for the 2+ years of dating was made for dinner (yes I used fresh cheese powder).

I think i've got a fair appreciation of Pokemon and don't think of it as a fag/kiddie game in the slightest.

I also have no problems shooting da alienz in da face and pwnin n00bz in Halo, a franchise that I have very fond feelings for myself. Does my head asplode now?
    Last edited by PapaStu; 09-23-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I just ignore the stupid responses of some people(i.e. HALO IS THE PWNZERS, POKEMON IS FOR FAGZ). I know that these same people calling this game gay are the ones that played it during the whole craze, like me.

If you must know, I want to try and get all the versions of Gold and Silver(Japanese and American). Without giving sob stories(I did enough of that last summer), the games are the only remnants of happy memories during a rough time. Playing these games had brought those happy memories back.

So, I guess I'm probably going to buy the cards and shit for this series again. I consider myself a fan of the series game wise, but not everything else. Gold and Silver was the only series that I was into everything.

As for the people wondering why I won't wait, I just want both. I plan on getting both versions in Japan and when they hit here in April. I plan on buying Heart Gold AND Soul Silver, the first time since the original Gold and Silver that I'll be getting both.

Anyone who went to the last NAVA that I attended(June), and even Joe can attest to it, I marked out when I saw that Digital Press had both Gold AND Silver in box, as well as the Teal GBC that I used to have. I bought all three. I still pick them up and play, but it was this one that really put the excitement back in for me.

BTW, I was asking for import stores so i could pick them up myself. Plus, Play-Asia is all out of Soul Silver, so they wouldn't ship until they stock which would be about two weeks or so. Basically, I want to get them in person mostly, but if not, the store who will ship in the shortest time for the least amount for both.

One more thing, you Halo marks may laugh and scoff, but you guys are no different. Except for Gold and Silver, you'll never see ME sitting outside freezing my ass off because you wanted be the first to have an ultra-rare super deluxe uber limited edition of Master Chief's ass bundled with a $60 four stage multiplayer add-on.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to be a broken record on these boards, but I'd suggest asking Kevin (Sensei) or Alex at Risingstuff.com if they can get copies of these games for you and how much it would cost. Their prices are always fair, much better than other import sites definitely.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I hate to be a broken record on these boards, but I'd suggest asking Kevin (Sensei) or Alex at Risingstuff.com if they can get copies of these games for you and how much it would cost. Their prices are always fair, much better than other import sites definitely.
    Let me give that a try....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

hee hee, the doom halo thing was meant as a joke (honestly I despise that style of game) I keep forgetting humour tends to be lost in internet posts. but yeah I absolutely love the pokmeon franchise myself (i've played through and completed every game except the recent 2) and I ran a pokemon gym at my old card store for years. anyways apolgies for any butts that were hurt in my post, no harm meant ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I was trying to be cute as well. Believe me, I've seen enough of those Halo nuts.I remember my friend who works at the mall in security had to hose one down because he was sitting there for two weeks waiting for the game with NO SHOWER!

Plus, you know the Halo thing's gone out of control when they plan(but thank God never went through with) such items as Cortana Lingerie and Halo Lottery Tickets!

Anyways, I digress.

@mobiusclimber: Talked to Kevin from Rising Stuff. He said he could get it but, it'd probably be more expensive than play-asia.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that's pretty weird. I know Japan is expensive as hell for new games, but that's pretty bad. XD
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The Pokemon remakes are a good idea. Seeing as every game is exactly the same, why bother making a brand new game when you're already going to rip the generic storyline and make new generic Pokemon up? Then using Diamond/Pearl graphics. Pokemon is a gold mine. They should remake Red and Green for the DS, who cares if it was just made for the GBA.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    The Pokemon remakes are a good idea. Seeing as every game is exactly the same, why bother making a brand new game when you're already going to rip the generic storyline and make new generic Pokemon up? Then using Diamond/Pearl graphics. Pokemon is a gold mine. They should remake Red and Green for the DS, who cares if it was just made for the GBA.
    How ARE the new Grand Theft Auto and Street Fighter games, by the way?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post

I hear you can play as a slightly palete swapped ryu in the latest street fighter..I gotta run out and buy it before its sold out.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    GTA4 was pretty much a bad choice. Sure it's GTA, sure you kill people, but it's in no way the same. Redesigned firing system, realistic driving, buddy/cellphone system. Liberty City may have been used before as well, but this time it's much more real to life and at a larger scale.

Then Street Fighter is a fighting game. What fighting game isn't similar to the previous title?

Dynasty Warriors would have worked though. What game in the Dynasty Warriors series isn't the same? Aside from the first US title which is a fighting game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

BTW, I finally broke down and bought both from Play Asia since they finally got more in of Soul Silver.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

It may seem at first glance that the new releases of the old Pokemon games are the same, but there have been loads of fundamental changes to the underlying mechanics since those days that radically alter how the game works.

The biggest change is the fact that some types of attacks (like Grass, Water, Electric, etc.) used to be special attacks, and were affected by the special attack stat. The DS games changed all of that by making any type of attack either a physical or special attack...so characters or attacks that used to be paired well together might not be so anymore, and physical attackers can use different type advantages than they did before.

Then you have the abilities, the additional functions of abilities introduced in Emerald (like: Compound Eyes increases the likelihood you'll encounter a Pokemon with an item), changes to breeding, etc. Even Heart Gold and Soul Silver have dramatically increased the amount of egg moves that can be passed on through breeding.

So...I think part of the appeal of the remakes is not just that you get better graphics and a slightly expanded storyline - you also have all these other improvements that really change the way the game is played, making it a lot more of a remix than a remake, IMO. I'm really looking forward to these games...and while there are some promos only given out for Japanese games, it looks like they've recently been releasing the same ones over here as well. A lot of the Japanese promos seem to be released in movie theaters or something, so you'd have to go there to take advantage of that. With Platinum, it looks like they're realizing that people don't like to be locked out of the parts of the game that the Japanese got to enjoy (like the Far Off Island or whatever with the Old Sea Chart in Pokemon Emerald) and are making sure that people can access those things in the US.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

BTW, this might be a dumb question, but if I order with a credit card on Saturday, they won't process the order until Monday, right? I'm asking because I never bought from this place yet and my order status is still at order received and it says:

"We have received your order and are processing with your credit card authorization. This will usually take less than 24 hours on working days."

Shouldn't a credit card authorization take only MINUTES? I mean when I go to a store, or through Amazon, they authorize the card within minutes and then ship out the next business day(Monday). I guess my question really is: Why is it taking them so long to process my card when it only takes mere moments in other places?