I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

They are secretly selling your info across to all the baddies in the world.

I'd just assume that maybe no ones working on the weekend, and hence, they havn't processed the order because of that. Or maybe its just a company policy to not charge until they can pull the items for you (they do deal in alot of used stuff too, that might need to be found).

I honestly don't know. I do know that you shouldn't be worried. I've spent many many hundreds of dollars at P-A over the years and i've never had a problem with them, be it charging, shipping, delivery time.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    BTW, I finally broke down and bought both from Play Asia since they finally got more in of Soul Silver.

oh good I'll have to grab that myself, I never played through gold but I did silver..so its only fitting I play that version this time again :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Oh yeah. I beat Heart Gold on my flash card. It is better than the original. Check out Serebii.net and you'll see all the new stuff added in. It's awesome!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm waiting for the US version, and hoping that Nintendo will do events for Gold/Silver like they're doing for Platinum: over Wifi. I have worked Saturdays for the past year, and getting to the events at Toys R Us or Gamestop was not possible for me. However, rushing through the last 2 badges and the Elite Four in Platinum for the Darkrai event pretty much made me tired of looking at Pokemon for a while - though come April, I should be ready to play it again.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen it on eBay for like $48, although I'm not sure what shipping is.

I can't get excited about this. They need to seriously change up the play mechanics of Pokemon to get me back into it. I've just had too much of the old formula.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
    I can't get excited about this. They need to seriously change up the play mechanics of Pokemon to get me back into it. I've just had too much of the old formula.
    Just out of curiosity...did you ever play the Colosseum or XD games on the Gamecube? They made some fairly unique alterations to the "formula" in those games (like stealing Pokemon from other trainers).

Did you ever try the Battle Frontier in Emerald or Platinum? They have some really unique types of situations that are pretty fresh and new.

There are also the Mystery Dungeon games. I'm personally not interested in them, but I guess they're interesting to a lot of people. There's also the Ranger series, which I find somewhat enjoyable...but I largely play those to be able to get the promo Pokemon that you can unlock and send over with them.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    hee hee, the doom halo thing was meant as a joke (honestly I despise that style of game) I keep forgetting humour tends to be lost in internet posts. but yeah I absolutely love the pokmeon franchise myself (i've played through and completed every game except the recent 2) and I ran a pokemon gym at my old card store for years. anyways apolgies for any butts that were hurt in my post, no harm meant ;-)

OH 0MG DAT HURT MAH F33LENGZ TIME TO COMP1AIN ON G4MEFAQS ABOOT DIS CUZ HALO IZ DA BEST!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    Just out of curiosity...did you ever play the Colosseum or XD games on the Gamecube? They made some fairly unique alterations to the "formula" in those games (like stealing Pokemon from other trainers).

Did you ever try the Battle Frontier in Emerald or Platinum? They have some really unique types of situations that are pretty fresh and new.

There are also the Mystery Dungeon games. I'm personally not interested in them, but I guess they're interesting to a lot of people. There's also the Ranger series, which I find somewhat enjoyable...but I largely play those to be able to get the promo Pokemon that you can unlock and send over with them.

Nope, I've only played Blue, Silver, and Platinum. All around when they were each released.

The formula I speak of is for the mainline RPG's. I want to see major changes to:

"defeat 8 trainers in 8 gyms, eventually challenge Elite guys, all while battling some nefarious conspiracy".

I want to see better story, unexpected stuff, etc. It's an RPG, be inventive.

The system of battling and capturing Pokemon is fine, IMO.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
    I want to see better story, unexpected stuff, etc. It's an RPG, be inventive.

The system of battling and capturing Pokemon is fine, IMO.
    Gotcha. The Gamecube games have no gyms, really - and the Ranger games have much more story / missions than the regular games. You might like those. But all the "main" games (now labeled with precious metals and gems) follow the 8 gyms + terrorist plot formula. They expand a lot after the game is over, but it's mostly to find new and rarer Pokemon to catch.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?