Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Fuck. That.

I didn't plan on getting one anyways, but that really blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

The PSP go is turing out to be an option for very few folks. I understand that the PSP Go is not to replace the 3000, but between the price and lack of transferrring games, this is going to be a tough sell to even the most loyal of fans.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Well, to be honest, I think out of the gate at least they want to make some money off DLC.
    Let's see:

Selling download only copies of games for the full price of umd versions that you are stuck with forever? Check.

Cutting out the middle man for these versions and still charging you full price? Check.

It's blatantly obvious that they will be making money off the Psp Go for those foolish enough to purchase one and it's download only games. As someone on another website pointed out, you can never trade in or sell the download versions of these games, which means no money towards future games or other more important stuff like bills. If this were like the Apple app store and games were $1-4 each this wouldn't be a big deal. But we are talking about $29-$39 games that you can never get rid of.

So if this succeeds the only real winner would be Sony, at the expense(literally) of their loyal customer base. Add that to a smaller screen, no umd conversion and no free games(or any other incentive for US early adopters) and we come back to what we all knew when Sony announced the PspGo at E3: EPIC FAIL.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 09-25-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

When I first saw this I really wanted it but when I found out theres no UMD thing on it screw it. It's not even worth it it should be like 130 bucks new it's nothing better at all. (seeing the psp3000 is 160 or something)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    When I first saw this I really wanted it but when I found out theres no UMD thing on it screw it. It's not even worth it it should be like 130 bucks new it's nothing better at all. (seeing the psp3000 is 160 or something)
    I agree. The Damned PSPgo is too expensive. It is now 50 dollars more than the Wii.
    DERP

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can almost hear the sound of Taps being played, softly. Kind of hard to hear it over no one giving a flying fart though.

Stay crazy Sony. It's more entertaining that way.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see why anyone is getting worked up about this. Anyone who has a PSP and a collection of UMDs would be stupid to 'upgrade' to a PSPgo anyway.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it has to do with the seemingly 'destined for the discount bin' approach more than anything about the unit itself this time. Also, they just stuck a big "Hack me, crack me ASAP PLS!!!" sandwich board on it. There is demand for the transfer feature, as you can tell by the majority of responses, and it will be supplied. Sony pretty much ensured that it's the black market that will do it.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Obviously the GO only exists to combat piracy. If it ever takes off in a major way, you can be assured the PSP 3000 will be pulled off the market.

In my local Best Buy and Gamestop's the PSP UMD sections are pathetic. Both companies have dedicated about 2 feet of space for umd games.

To me that indicates the system is in bad shape.

The Go has to be $250 dollars to ensure the retailer makes a good profit on it, because once the system is sold the customer never has to purchase any software from a retailer ever again for it. Retailers in Europe from what I understand are doing everything in their power to downplay the system. They don't even want to sell the thing.

I think that if the Go fails we will see Sony exit the handheld market entirely. A PSP 2 seems ridiculous considering the PSP is much more powerful than the DS, but cannot even put a dent in its sales. Graphics alone did nothing to help the PSP. What more could a PSP 2 do to steal thunder from Nintendo?
    Last edited by lagartija_nick; 09-26-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I wonder why Sony never thought of using existing PSP to rip the UMD and use Memory Stick to transfer to PSPGo. Piracy is still a big issue for them. I can understand why they don't want to do it. If there is a huge demand for UMD transfer, Sony will be force to make one.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Let's see:

Selling download only copies of games for the full price of umd versions that you are stuck with forever? Check.

Cutting out the middle man for these versions and still charging you full price? Check.

It's blatantly obvious that they will be making money off the Psp Go for those foolish enough to purchase one and it's download only games. As someone on another website pointed out, you can never trade in or sell the download versions of these games, which means no money towards future games or other more important stuff like bills. If this were like the Apple app store and games were $1-4 each this wouldn't be a big deal. But we are talking about $29-$39 games that you can never get rid of.

So if this succeeds the only real winner would be Sony, at the expense(literally) of their loyal customer base. Add that to a smaller screen, no umd conversion and no free games(or any other incentive for US early adopters) and we come back to what we all knew when Sony announced the PspGo at E3: EPIC FAIL.
    A.) "stuck with forever"? That position only applies if you regularly trade games in for credit toward new games. That's a practice I haven't participated in on any type of regular basis for close to 15-20 years, and I know that I'm not alone. I WANT my games FOREVER, physical, DLC or otherwise.

2.) It should be an acceptable fact right now that game companies do not like the used game market, while a portion of used game trading goes toward new game purchases, the larger portion of that system re-cycles back to used game sales. Systems like Steam, Wii Shop Channel, PSN, and XBLA have proven to be successful models for both game companies and gamers I see no reason to fault Sony for giving a DLC only model system (which exists alongside a less-expensive physical media compatible system) a shot.

B.) There ARE games currently available on the PSN for as low as $5. And there are an entire segment of games in development for the platform called "PSP Minis" which will have very low price tiers.

Yes. The system is an expensive device with limited to no appeal to current core PSP/portable gamers.

Sony has made it very very clear repeatedly and on numerous occasions that they're not abandoning the UMD format or the 3000 model of the PSP.

This is obviously a grand experiment that Sony can afford to take a the moment and there is plenty in the market that supports their reason for doing so: The popularity and profitability of DLC apps/software on ALL platforms, the popularity of mobile smart phones/devices, the rampant piracy on current PSP systems, and despite all of the instant recoil from the "core" gaming market for all we know this system STILL could be some type of modest success.

Do I think it will be? No. But I REALLY DO think that Sony only wants to test the waters with this before gathering their final thoughts on exactly WHAT the PSP 2 should be.

The web fervor over the PSP Go is so over-the-top and outrageous at the present time that I don't even see the point in continuing to look at it's market existence/position with any level of logic or reason, the above are my final thoughts on the subject until the thing launches and spends a year or so in the market. Then maybe I'll look back and see how it all plays out. Until then I'm not really comfortable making strong predictions as to its end-game educated or otherwise.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 09-26-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The more I read about the PSPgo, it seems part of Sony's strategy with it is to go after the ipod touch, which is stupid. People buy the ipod touch for music and videos first, while the games are probably just an after thought for most people. With the PSPgo it's the complete opposite. Games first, then everything else after. Like someone mentioned, Apple app store games are only $1-4 for the most part, while Sony games will be $20-40. I think it's a mistake for Sony to be going after ipod touch users, if that's part of their strategy?

I personally think the go is going to be a complete failure if Sony goes ahead with the approach they intend to take. First off the system is at least $50 too much. Now that they've scrapped the UMD conversion for North America, I think Sony just sealed the PSPgo's fate. Anybody who has a PSP now has absolutely no reason to "upgrade" to the go, and people that are thinking of getting a PSP are much better off getting the PSP-3000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

If Sony is serious about this, they might as well call it the PSP Go ByeBye, cause that's exactly what's gonna happen if they go through with his train wreck of a plan.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    But I REALLY DO think that Sony only wants to test the waters with this before gathering their final thoughts on exactly WHAT the PSP 2 should be.
    Why does the 32X come to mind? O_o
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Why does the 32X come to mind? O_o
    Thats exactly what I thought. This smells like Sega and their attempts at tiding people over.
    DERP

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony is foolish to go after the Ipod Touch market.

The PSP and this GO can play MP3's but the interface and manipulation is terrible. The current Psp is not comfortable to carry around and because its a gaming system you need to worry about the screen more then you do with an IPOD.

The Go does not look easy to carry around and Sony should have put some flip down cover on the device. The screen is exposed and who wants to carry this thing in a case to protect that screen?

Ipods are intuitive and easy because they are built for music first and games are an afterthought.

Second Sony cannot compete with I-Tunes. Ipod is successful not only because of the hardware but because they have they built an entire infrastructure to support their hardware.

Apple is successful because 1.00 impulse buys are hard to resist.

There is no impulse buying at the 30-40 dollar range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's a Cybiko :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by lagartija_nick View Post
    Apple is successful because 1.00 impulse buys are hard to resist.
    I admit, I go nuts when I see a game liquidated for $1! So you may have a point there.

Tom, buy me a Cybiko!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    Fail. It sits next to GBA Micro in the history of handhelds.
    What's wrong with the Micro? It's how I normally play GBA. Conveniently shoves in any pocket, bright and clear screen, good battery life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah at least the Micro plays GBA games.