Thread: Fumito Ueda Wants To See ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on PS3

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Fumito Ueda Wants To See ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on PS3

I've already got the God of War Collection preordered. Bring on the Team ICO Collection!

I unfortunately don't own ICO . I had a chance to get a mint condition copy for $5 from my cousins boyfriend, but didn't because I didn't want to bother driving home, getting money, and coming back. This was years before SotC. I never knew it was going to become so rare later on. It's all because of SotC that so many people want the game now. This Team ICO collection will drive down the prices of the ICO games possibly, mayble allowing me to finally pick the game up at a price closer to what I could have purchased it as.

Also. Hopefully they fix the framerate issues with Shadow of the Colossus. The game needs it I'll tell you that.

As part of an interview at this year's Tokyo Game Show, Team ICO leader Fumito Ueda took time to answer a few questions provided by the 1UP community, and the most popular of these was whether we might see his games ICO and Shadow of the Colossus released on PlayStation 3 in a combo pack similar to Sony's upcoming God of War Collection.

When asked, Ueda said he's all for the idea, and that he'd like to play the games on PS3 (as well as on PSP). "Initially, I didn't want to consider that," he pointed out. "I always thought they were designed for PS2 and should stay there. But lately, I've been thinking it would be nice to provide the games to other platforms to reach more users."

Ultimately, however, it seems that a re-release would need support from Sony executives. Presumably the same ones that decided to release the God of War Collection after hearing a lot of support for the idea from fans online, so if you want to see ICO and Shadow of the Colossus in HD, now would be the time to start talking up the idea.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176239
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I remember seeing a few copies of Ico on clearance at a Kmart years ago (probably 2004/2005) for $9. For whatever reason, I passed. A few weeks after I finished SotC, I decided to pick Ico up and managed to find a used copy for $9.99. Not even a month later, the local used game store jacked up their price to $39.99 and it's stayed there ever since.

The combo re-release is a great idea, I hope it happens.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZeq8hJD3v4

I've had this pre-ordered on Amazon since last October. It hits Japan this September.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)