Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help with Monitor Discoloration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally used the MM and the power that comes into the video board was hitting 139 to 140 ac volts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what do you guys think?

What else could be going on with this?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, I'll try one last time. I don't know if you have the monitor manual, but if you don't then get it. It's a WGk7000, right?

The manual is here.

http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html

It appears after skimming through the manual, there's a single fuse on the monitor circuit board. It looks like a 1.5a slo-blow. You need to remove this and check for a blown fuse. In fact, if I were you I'd go buy some new fuses from Radio Shack and keep them on hand. A blown fuse can sometimes be hard to see.

While you're buying fuses from radio shack, you also need to make a note of the other fuses you need. The power supply will have several. I'd really just replace all the fuses, and then see what happens.

Also the monitor looks to have a high voltage shutoff on it. I would guess when doing your cap kit that you may have tripped this switch, making it impossible to turn on. It's location is shown in a picture on page 4 along with the fuse location.

You also need to make double and triple sure that all connections are plugged in to the monitor and none may have been reversed.

You said the game board gets power right? Does the marquee still light up? Is there power to everything else? Are you certain? If so, is there any neck glow in the clear tube where the neckboard connects? Anyway it's gotta be something you're just overlooking. I'm not a monitor expert by any means, but I'm trying to help.

I'd read that manual and check the troubleshooting chart on page 11. If the rest of your cabinet is working, then you have a monitor problem. It's important to determine if you are getting no power or no picture on the monitor and differentiate between the 2.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 03-26-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome. I will check that stuff out. I think you are correct and it is something small that I overlooked.

Yeah, everything else gets power. I get marquee, sound, and if I hit buttons, I can hear the sounds changing properly based on the buttons I hit

I need to look deeper since I am having trouble finding the ic4 thing with the 4 pins.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Awesome. I will check that stuff out. I think you are correct and it is something small that I overlooked.

Yeah, everything else gets power. I get marquee, sound, and if I hit buttons, I can hear the sounds changing properly based on the buttons I hit

I need to look deeper since I am having trouble finding the ic4 thing with the 4 pins.
    Here's a good starting point:

Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh nice.

I am going to go through this within the next couple of days

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello friend, I am still having the same symptoms of no marquee light and no power to the monitor. I am assuming that if the monitor got power even if something else was fucked up, I would still get the tube glowing. What else can cause this to happen. The board obviously gets power because the sound comes on properly, which is telling me that the board gets power and is sending the signal to the speakers.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You may have 2 separate problems. As for the Marquee, you need to remove the plexi and examine the light bulb... when you turn the power on, is the tube lightly glowing at both ends but not firing? If so it just means you have a bad starter- they're $2 at Lowe's. You can see it in this picture. The starter is that circular thing below the bulb. It fixed mine.

Was the bulb and monitor ever working in your machine? If not, check all your fuses on the power supply first. Look for neck glow at the back of the tube (to see if it's getting power).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The marquee light now works just fine. I did not plug something in when it was not working.

I will be honest, I want to fix this, but I really feel like a chicken with my head cut off with some of this.

How much would it cost for me to send one of you guys just the video board to have one of you guys check it out for me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, there are local people I could have look at it, but, honestly, I trust you guys with looking at it.

Yes, I will pay you for looking at it.