Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2009 Finds

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to the swap meet I used to frequent years back. Pretty nice day actually:

NES:

Godzilla (apparently I already had this.. really need to update my list)
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms
    Mig 29

Gameboy

Tennis
    Bugs Crazy Castle 3

I also got a Sega Saturn (MK-8000) that works. Sadly the woman didn't have the actual cords needed for it, but I tested it with my own saturn cords and it works fine. Up for sale/trade if anyone is interested.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 10-2&3-09 & Flea Market 10-4-09

NES Action Set Complete In Box
    Adventures of Link, The (Complete Except For Styrofoam Block)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (Complete Except For Styrofoam Block)
    Some Paper Work & Cart Cleaning Thing That Must Have Came Back With A Repaired NES

Free

A few weeks ago at a yardsale I took a number as one of the ladies running the sale mentioned a family member that had an SNES they may want to get rid of. I remembered Thursday night and called her and she gave me the number of said family member. Called them and she happened to work in the town I live in and offered to stop by on her break and mentioned nothing about price. I meet her at the library a block away from my house and surprisingly she gave me this and was gone in about a matter of a minute or less. I thanked her and tried to at least give her $5 just for the trouble of meeting me and giving it to me but she didn't want it.

Nintendo DS Grey Brick System With Broken Hinge - $5

Saw this marked $5 (was $10 and marked cheaper), tried it nothing but ended up buying it and not even trying to haggle since it seemed reasonable for a yardsale and I was thinking that it probably just needed a charge and worked fine after doing so. From what I was told somebody actually broke the hinge on the system that was shopping at the sale.

Brave Fencer Musashi (Disc Only And Scatched Up) - .50
    Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 (N64) - $1

First sale I went to and it was about 10 minutes out of the town I live in advertised "video systems & games". It was about an hour after the sale started and I saw a small pile of mostly PS2 games with some PS1. They already sold an N64 with some games but the kid came out with Army Men when I asked about video games which obviously wasen't sold with the system mistakenly. Both were IAP.

SNES Mini With Hookups, 1st Party Controller, 3rd Party Controller & Yoshi's Island

Performance RFU Adapter In Box, Nintendo RF Adapter, 3x 1st Party NES Controllers

NES Games

Bases Loaded II
    Battletoads
    Gauntlet II
    Guerrilla War
    Jurassic Park
    Metal Gear
    Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    StarTropics
    Tetris
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Top Gun
    Total Recall
    WWF Wrestlemania Challenge

$15

Saw an unadvertised sale setting up late and to my surprise saw the SNES & NES games. I offered $5 to start on this but the lady said some crap about how she might as well just donate them and get a tax write off then mentioned eBay as if $5 was never going to happen. So I asked her what she had in mind and she said $15 and I just agreed since it was still a solid deal instead of trying to meet in the middle or shave off a few bucks after the reaction the inital offer got.

Passed on a Genesis 2 with a cart only Sonic 3 in 1 in the system that didn't have a price on it either. Mentioned not being able to find the NES system as if that would have been sold also if rounded up. The lady actually gave me the NES RF and controllers after I paid has she just found them in a random bag. The extra RF actually belongs with the boxed NES Action Set I got on Friday.

ActRaiser - $3

Not Pictured and I actually got this at a thrift/consignment shop I stopped at since I was nearby on Saturday while yardsaling.

Pokemon Pearl (Case Only) - .50
    Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (All Complete & Non Great Hits) - $10

Stuff I got at the Flea Market case was IAP and I offered $10 for the Playstation games which were $5 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    For once, a good kijiji find!
    29 boxed SMS games (most complete) for $35
    although, I gave him $40, because I accidentally made him wait 1/2 hour.
    I said I'd be available anytime after 1, so RIGHT AT 1, he went to the rendevous point.
    I checked my email at 1:20 to find a message saying "I'll be here until 1:15"
    I appreciate his promptness but....what?

Awesome price. I've just recently started collecting SMS games too after finding a SMS for $5 at a local thrift. Its a great little system. You did great on this deal. Congrats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today's haul:

NES:
    Section Z (cart only) - $1
    Boulder Dash (cart only) - $2.50
    Ninja Gaiden II (cart only) - $6

PlayStation:
    Puzznic (complete) - $2.50

Dreamcast:
    Virtua Fighter 3tb (disc only) - $1

PS2:
    NCAA Football 2002 (complete) - 25 cents
    (This was purchased solely for the case. I'm probably going to give the game to a friend.)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

wow i cant believe you bought a jelly roll morton cd, i just learned about him in jazz class at penn state and thought no one actually knew who he was, lol, anyways my dad went to a church sale friday and said he got a turbografx system for $2 with keith courage. Its the first turbografx we have ever found and im pretty excited. He has also been picking up other assorted gaming things while im at college but i cant remember everything hes told me.
    Autobots. Roll out.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    wow i cant believe you bought a jelly roll morton cd, i just learned about him in jazz class at penn state and thought no one actually knew who he was, lol, anyways my dad went to a church sale friday and said he got a turbografx system for $2 with keith courage. Its the first turbografx we have ever found and im pretty excited. He has also been picking up other assorted gaming things while im at college but i cant remember everything hes told me.
    I pick up anything that looks interesting. I'd actually heard of Jelly Roll somewhere (probably on a book, or one of the vinyl rip MP3 blogs I follow), and stuff like that stays in my head for years. Half my music collection is like that - "Hey band X said they were inspired by this band, I'd better check them out!"

It's a good album, well worth the two bucks I paid for it. And the booth had tons of vinyl albums too, I just wish I could buy it all up.

Edit:
    And if anyone cares, Radio K.A.O.S. totally blows. I was hoping it wouldn't, but DAMN. I should've picked up something else instead.

Edit edit:
    And Popstar Guitar isn't as bad as I thought it would be... or at least it wasn't until I played the first song. Some horrible "emo baaaaw you don't understand me waaaaaaaaah" song titled "Welcome to my life" that one of my nieces kept singing in the car one time. I almost broke the disc in disgust. >_<
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 10-05-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

The Xbox selection is getting reeeeeal thin around here, with Game Stop no longer taking any original Xbox items in at all and most of the other shops only offering store credit. So, whenever I get out and see some complete, decent condition games that I don't own, I will pick them up if the prices are decent. So, I went to the largest GS around me over the weekend and only came away with:

The Great Escape
    Gun Metal
    Gun Valkyrie
    The Haunted Mansion
    The Hobbit
    Leisure Suit Larry

for just under $20. I think I need to go on a nice long Half Price Books run today....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

My game finds have been pretty dried up lately, but I did find this little guy at Goodwill yesterday for $5...
    Can't go wrong with an R/C Yoshi.

"Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found two of these today for $5, in the box (but they were all beat up). I bought 'em, but they're in the US right now.

I've never seen these on eBay, so... yeah. WTF.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I found two of these today for $5, in the box (but they were all beat up). I bought 'em, but they're in the US right now.

I've never seen these on eBay, so... yeah. WTF.
    I had one for Master System. These controllers are too odd.
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not having any luck with gaming finds recently... I did find a few things of note on my thrift run today.

First, I see this all bundled up for $1:

Anybody need OS/2 Warp v3? I've always wanted to try it, but I doubt I'll keep it long before it goes on eBay. Supposedly multitasks between DOS and Windows, so maybe it'll be fun on the retrogaming PC.

Also found some books at the same place. Manga sampler, Microsoft history, and Star Wars guide book (covers the expanded-universe stuff). Books were half price, so all three of those somehow added up to $1, making my total there $2. Next place, an album everyone knows and loves, $2. Last place, one more album for... $2! And I'm posting this at 2:20. Odd day.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I've got one of those wacky controllers for NES. It is pretty absurd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I've got one of those wacky controllers for NES. It is pretty absurd.
    I showed it to my mom. She asked me "What the hell is that?!"

I told her it was a Nintendo controller.

"How the hell does that even work?!"

I messed around with it.

"Who the hell would use such a thing?!"

Exactly. Hopefully someone on eBay will be interested in 'em. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    My game finds have been pretty dried up lately, but I did find this little guy at Goodwill yesterday for $5...
    Can't go wrong with an R/C Yoshi.

I found the Mario car at a Goodwill a while back. It's a fun little toy and the accessories (Mario comes with the spinout wheel, a banana and a red shell) are a nice touch.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kitsune,
    I would be interested. I love wacky controllers. They make good conversation starters

A couple new finds:
    Nintendo 64 CIB - $22+shipping+handling fees=$35 total
    32 NES CIB games - $116+shipping+handling fees=$128 total

Q*Bert, Touchdown Fever, To the Earth, Taboo, Xevious, Yo! Noid, T2, Rad Racer, Wrath of the Black Manta, The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants, Paperboy, Strider, RBI Baseball 2, Twin Cobra, Roadblasters, Super Pitfall, Pictionary, Code Name: Viper, Wall Street Kid, Shooting Range, Track & Field II, Time Lord, Stealth ATF, Section Z, Terra Cresta, Infiltrator, RBI Baseball, RBI Baseball 3, Toobin', Trojan, Shinobi, Robocop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Anybody need OS/2 Warp v3? I've always wanted to try it, but I doubt I'll keep it long before it goes on eBay. Supposedly multitasks between DOS and Windows, so maybe it'll be fun on the retrogaming PC.
    From what I remember about OS/2, it is its own operating system that is much like Windows in that it allows mutlitasking. I believe that at one point, it would run some Windows programs, but do not hold me to that. It has been many years since I have used OS/2 and that was mainly for 1 custom application that we had since at the time it was being written, OS/2 was a better fit than Windows.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first 3DO FZ-10 system(to go with my four FZ-1's I've found in the wild) snatched for $13. And this was taken from the import finds thread:

N64 Import Lot

Goldeneye
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Perfect Dark
    Toukon Road
    Toukon Road 2
    Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire
    Virtual Pro Wrestling
    Pilotwing 64
    Super Mario 64

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Toukon Road 2 were all extra copies for me so I'll be sorting those out accordingly. Pilotwing 64 and Super Mario 64 have been in my sellers thread for awhile, I just threw them into the picture because they are also import titles.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-05-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I found something cool today. It appears to be missing that "special" AV cord.
    Looks like I've gotta find one of those now....

-Sega 32X (loose, came with power cord and RF) $9.99.

Hopefully there's a workaround for that extra piece, but I doubt it. ;_;
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I should look into getting a 3DO, is the FZ-1 the best model or are the Panasonic/Goldstar models any better? What games other than SFII are there?

As for the 32X, the Genesis model 1 adapter cable (if that's what you're talking about) is very rarely found not with a 32X. I was lucky that mine came with one.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    I found something cool today. It appears to be missing that "special" AV cord.
    Looks like I've gotta find one of those now....

-Sega 32X (loose, came with power cord and RF) $9.99.

Hopefully there's a workaround for that extra piece, but I doubt it. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I should look into getting a 3DO, is the FZ-1 the best model or are the Panasonic/Goldstar models any better? What games other than SFII are there?

As for the 32X, the Genesis model 1 adapter cable (if that's what you're talking about) is very rarely found not with a 32X. I was lucky that mine came with one.
    I could have sworn I had a spare of that 32X cable hanging around (don't actually have a 32x), but I checked the likely places (misc wire box and controller/wire box) and didn't come up with it. I need to check the 'broken shit & useless cable box', but that is quite an undertaking. Then there is always the chance that it is with my Genesis collection, but that would make waaaaay too much sense, so that'll be the last place I look.

As to the 3DO, the FZ-10 is generally considered more reliable, but the FZ-1 is sexier IMO, I'm a sucker for motorized trays. The goldstar I believe is the least reliable.