Thread: Sewer Shark on 3DO - I don't have instructions.. need help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Sewer Shark on 3DO - I don't have instructions.. need help!

Hey, I recently picked up Sewer Shark for the 3DO. Unfortunately, it was disk only, and I didn't get any instructions with it. I've been trying to play the game, but I can't figure out exactly what buttons I'm supposed to hit, or when I'm supposed to hit them, to be able to change directions while shooting thru the tubes...

I keep missing all the jumpgates, and I'm crashing into the walls and dying. Anybody happen to have this game on the 3DO, and you have the instructions? I tried doing some searches online, but could only find information on the Sega CD version.

By the way, the game looks pretty damn good on the 3DO. The Full Motion Video is so much more colorful and cleaner. Much bigger video window as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

3DOs Tubes should be just like the Sega CD version - you had to press the direction AND a button to make the turn. The 4 directions are referenced from Catfish as hands on the clock:

12 (Up), 3 (Right), 6 (Down), 9 / Niner (Left)

Essentially when you see the arrow blinking of the direction you want, you hold the direction AND the Button, and if done correctly, you'll see that flashing arrow stop blinking to confirm your choice.

If it's like the Sega CD, it's probably A or C + the direction, if B is fire.

The reason for the double button press is so the game knows you're trying to change directions rather than move the cursor to shoot something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    3DOs Tubes should be just like the Sega CD version - you had to press the direction AND a button to make the turn. The 4 directions are referenced from Catfish as hands on the clock:

12 (Up), 3 (Right), 6 (Down), 9 / Niner (Left)

Essentially when you see the arrow blinking of the direction you want, you hold the direction AND the Button, and if done correctly, you'll see that flashing arrow stop blinking to confirm your choice.

If it's like the Sega CD, it's probably A or C + the direction, if B is fire.

The reason for the double button press is so the game knows you're trying to change directions rather than move the cursor to shoot something.

Well, I tried doing it a bunch of times, and only actually changed directions one time, and it was by accident. I was pressing random buttons and pushing in different directions, and one time I actually did change directions.

I remember how it worked on Sega CD. You would push the D-Pad in the correct direction, and also the C button (or A button, can't remember). That's exactly what I tried with this 3DO version, but it never seemed to work. There must be something I'm missing. I have to find somebody that has the actual instructions for the 3DO version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Weird, found this:

"You know when to turn by means of a small gauge on your console. You turn by holding down B and pressing one of the direction keys. The gun is controlled much like Mad Dog McCree, but it is much less annoying in SS. You move your crosshair around the screen with the direction pad and fire with the A button. The gun is rapid fire, and uses your ship's energy rather than ammo, so you can use continuous fire if you wish. I really kind of like these controls. B+."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here is what i remember from years ago.

You must press and hold the correct button while
    pressing and holding the correct direction.

You must be doing this as you come up on
    a turn.

I believe if you are not holding both buttons, or
    if you do it at the turn, it will not work.

good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dangerboy is correct. While I had the 3DO version (which was an inferior version play and sound wise IMO to the Sega CD version), the controls work similar. Catfish will tell you where you need to go and you must remember that order. Then when a junction comes up, the arrow indicator at the top of the screen will alert you. You must hold the correct button and tap in the direction of the arrow just before up until you get to the junction. It's a timing thing. That's the only way to navigate.

After you're able to get around, you'll eventually come across recharge stations (as your guns and damage take energy). Ghost will yell "Recharge coming up!" and you'll see a row of red and green lights on the ceiling of the tube. Hold the turning button and go in the direction of the GREEN light (so if the light is on the right, turn right).

Since you don't have an instruction book, you'll need to know that the third button is to fire flares. Later in the game you'll run into situations where the gas levels of the tubes become to high. An indicator line will also show this and I think Ghost will comment. Hit the flare and Catfish will crap one out, igniting the gas ahead of you to make it safe to pass.

Hope that helps.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you can find the sega cd version of sewer shark here, they dont have the 3do manual there

http://www.replacementdocs.com/news.php
    Join the 3DO Chat here -- http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/