Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a Point & Click Adventure game fan?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    If you liked it that much, you should look for the Pegasus Project download floating around. It's neatly packaged with a preconfigured PowerMac emulator - though it's not quite as easy to use as it could be.
    I managed to get SheepShaver working with OS7.5 or so, I just have to run it on my laptop. Something about 64-bit OS incompatibilities on the CD drivers. I have JMP 1, Turbo, 2, and 3 for PC, and PP for Mac. One day I'd like to play them all on Mac.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton View Post
    You MUST play Neverhood again. It works on my Windows 98 PC, but I haven't tried it on my XP.
    I showed this game to my friend by installing it on his XP that has a fancy dual-core processor and everything. It worked like a charm.

This reminds me, I need to put The Neverhood on my new computer

I'm sorry to those that think The Neverhood's gameplay is it's best feature. I think it's music is the best part of the game.
    Can you believe I was one puzzle from beating the game. The part were you have to take note of a series of symbols and the sounds that play with them and much later in the game you have to enter them. I could never get the sequence right and just gave up.

Lewton, do you know any halloween-y P&C games? (other than Maniac Mansion :P )
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I've heard good things about Hugo's House of Horrors. The original is text-parser, but I believe there was a remake with mouse control.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I've heard good things about Hugo's House of Horrors. The original is text-parser, but I believe there was a remake with mouse control.
    Lol, I just downloaded that game a week ago, but I haven't gotten around to playing it. There's 2 point & click sequals and one 1st person shooter I believe. (Yes, I said first person shooter.... and it's a sequal to a point & click adventure)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Try Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House. It's a point and click but it's non-linear and there's several ways to beat it, it's aimed at kids but there's lots to do with it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hi Ryaan. Other than the good suggestions so far, not specifically Halloween-y. I can't think of any crackers at the moment, but I've been asked this before and I recommend Scratches as a good one to play around this time. Dark Fall too. Lots of tension and spookyness without the gore.

Both games ought to be played with lights off and head-phones on! That telephone ringing in Dark Fall really got me spooked, as did the cellar in Scratches.

There are other spooky games, but those are two of my favourites, and they're modern games too.

I agree about the Neverhood music. I even snagged the CD of the music on eBay soon afterward. Num-ber EIGHT! You'll know what I mean.

Did anyone ever read the entire wall of history of The Neverhood in the game? I did and, WOW!, it took nearly one whole game sitting to get through it. I still ask myself if it was worth the effort!

We should have a thread of our favourite Top (say), 20, or, so adventures. It doesn't matter if some of us have only played a few adventures. It would serve as a good list for reference and recommendations. What d'ya think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did anyone ever read the entire wall of history of The Neverhood in the game? I did and, WOW!, it took nearly one whole game sitting to get through it. I still ask myself if it was worth the effort!
    It ticked me off because I thought I was supposed to be looking for a clue. (The "BOBBY" puzzle really threw me.)
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 10-10-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We should have a thread of our favourite Top (say), 20, or, so adventures. It doesn't matter if some of us have only played a few adventures. It would serve as a good list for reference and recommendations. What d'ya think?
    Not sure about a new thread, but it's amazing how generic my list would end up being (this would be favorite overall not necessarily influential):

1. Secret of Monkey Island
    2. Space Quest II
    3. Willy Beamish
    4. Sam and Max Hit the Road
    5. Grim Fandango
    6. Space Quest
    7. The Longest Journey
    8. Maniac Mansion
    9. Leisure Suit Larry II
    10. Day of the Tentacle
    11. Leisure Suit Larry
    12. Police Quest
    13. King’s Quest III
    14. Broken Sword
    15. Space Quest
    16. Police Quest II
    17. Colonel’s Bequest
    18. Hero’s Quest I
    19. King’s Quest IV
    20. Secret of Monkey Island II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I'm surprised that Day of the Tentacle hasn't been mentioned more. That's THE definitive game in the genre for me.

I did as well sort of on the first page (Maniac Mansion II), one of the games I really liked. Even had the 'special box'.

As for Hitchhikers, it's more adventure than point and click, but I keep looking for A8 p&c genre.

I played Intrigue, a digitized Spectrum Holobyte game on C64 way back. That was a good game too.
    Last edited by tom; 10-10-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i love 90s P&C games. mainly the lucasarts and sierra stuff and other P&C with humor. i have come here to tell everyone to play Simon the Sorcere I & II. II being my favorite. they are uk games made with the SCUMM engine. they are colorful, smart and hilarious. by far the best non-lucasarts, lucasarts-style games.
    Last edited by Poofta!; 10-14-2009 at 01:53 AM.