Thread: Zaku for Atari Lynx: all new, all original shooter

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Zaku for Atari Lynx: all new, all original shooter

October 02, 2009

Super Fighter Team and PenguiNet are overjoyed to announce the completion of Zaku for Atari Lynx! This new and completely original shooter was in development for six years - and the results of that time investment are beautifully captured in the Zaku gameplay video that's been newly added to the official Zaku website! Featuring previews of several different stages and boss fights over a piece of music direct from the soundtrack, its a delicious taste of what's to come.

Check out the new video, and while you're there, sign up for the Zaku mailing list so you can be directly informed of the game's approaching release date!

*** CHECK OUT THE NEW ZAKU GAMEPLAY VIDEO! ***

Thank-you everyone for your attention, interest and support! Never let dreams die!
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice job, this looks like an impressive release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ABSOLUTELY...... FREAKING...... AWESOME!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting this title. As with Superfighter Teams past releases they can expect me to support this one as well. I can't wait to order my copy!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prob just me, but seems really weird to see Air Zonk turned into a furry fandom shooter on the Lynx. Regardless of that, I have to say this is probably some of the best work Ive seen done for the Lynx (from what I saw on the video anyway).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dunno about anything else, but "Zako" (with an o) is the term in Shmupdom (and elsewhere in Japan, not just gaming according to the indomitable GaijinPunch) for popcorn enemies. Of course Zaku is something else, that makes me think of the old Super Famicom racing / brawler title. /useless trivia

@ the game itself: Very colorful and stylish, but probably a nightmare to play especially considering it's on the Lynx. There's contrast in places where you probably don't want it, you gotta see bullets and enemies in a shooter. I'm not sure how far this applies to the game though, since I only see one thing I am sure is a bullet (in screenshot 7 there's a nice high-contrast bullet; in screenshot 5 there are some little shuriken things which I hope are part of the background). Can't see the video right now; Youtube has gone funky.

Will cross-post this to Shmups Forum.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 10-03-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

wow, you folks have outdone yourselves on this one. Simply amazing
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game looks absolutely amazing for a Lynx title. Well done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

October 07, 2009

Just five days ago, we announced the posting of an official Zaku gameplay video. We thank you for your positive, enthusiastic responses. Today, I would like to share with you something just as exciting: the final product design.

When Super Fighter Team became the producer / publisher of Zaku, we decided that since the quality of the game was so high, certainly the product should match this quality. I am excited to announce that we have met or exceeded our standards for quality on each point.

For example:

Instead of merely producing bare circuit boards as is common with new Lynx game releases, we have gone to great lengths to reproduce the plastic outer shell with gripping edge for easy insertion into and removal from the Lynx system.

The instruction manual consists of 31 full color pages with an abundance of images and artwork. In addition to describing the gameplay and offering tips, it also contains the game's humorous storyline and character descriptions. The contents are printed in both English and French.

Our sturdy cardstock game box comes complete with a slot to hold and protect the game card.

Once again, Super Fighter Team has delivered on our promise to produce and release only the highest quality video game products to the classic gaming market. When Zaku is released, no Lynx fan will be disappointed. You will be receiving an amazing new game that's fun to play, crafted with love and respect.

But I don't expect you to take my word for it. Have a look at the product photos below and see for yourself the future of classic gaming. Zaku will be available for ordering shortly, at the low price of USD$40.00 + shipping and handling. We are proud to ship worldwide, welcoming customers from all across the globe.

Thanks for your interest and support, and never let dreams die!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow, that is really an impressive-looking Lynx game. And fun-looking too!

Now to convince the wife to release some funds, heh heh.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Of course Zaku is something else
    When seeing this thread I actually thought of Gundam. Seems you thought of something else.

Zaku

Zaku 2
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

I don't have a Lynx yet, but this looks sweet - like a cross between Air Zonk and Duck Dodgers. Cool stuff, I'll have to add this to my list once I can acquire a working Lynx!
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

This is not fair! Just when I thought I would not buy any more games for some time, this happens!

I will definitely order this one! But will it ship inside a box? Because a bubble mailer envelope will surely destroy the game's box.

Still, I hope it gets released soon!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    will it ship inside a box? Because a bubble mailer envelope will surely destroy the game's box.
    Rest assured, Super Fighter Team never has and never will use bubble mailer envelopes to ship out our games. We ship USPS priority mail, using the marked boxes with padding inside to protect the game(s).

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default O before U... and both after the Z...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    I dunno about anything else, but "Zako" (with an o) is the term in Shmupdom (and elsewhere in Japan, not just gaming according to the indomitable GaijinPunch) for popcorn enemies. Of course Zaku is something else, that makes me think of the old Super Famicom racing / brawler title. /useless trivia.

Ed... you mean ZOKU: The Legend of Bishin (I hope)... Magifact's fun and funky Mode-7 racer/side scrolling brawler hybrid from 1993? (i'd post a scan, but the game is buried up in a dark closet with about 99.95% of my SFC collection... XD

g.

(EDIT) D'oh: I forgot I was on the Internets - here you go:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Bishin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

October 16, 2009

Your eyes popped out at the screenshots.
    Your heart raced from the video preview.
    You were amazed by the final product design.

After witnessing these things, a single question sprung into your mind:
    "When can I get it?"

Today, I'm happy to say that greatness is right around the corner.

Zaku, the crazy-fast new shooter for Atari Lynx, will make its public debut on October 24, 2009 at the Classic Console and Arcade Gaming Show in Cleveland, Ohio. A copy of the game will be up and running during the show, playable by all attendees. Toward the end of the day, that copy will be given away for free as a prize to one lucky person, compliments of Super Fighter Team. For more information about this event, please visit the ccagshow.com website.

But that's not all...

We will also begin taking orders for Zaku on October 24, 2009, at the price of only USD$40.00 each + shipping and handling. As part of our continued effort to satisfy our customers, we will not be taking pre-orders for this game. Instead, all orders will be shipped out as soon as possible, once payment has been received. No waiting means you'll receive the game sooner, thus being able to enjoy it sooner - just another quality service we at Super Fighter Team are happy to provide.

Don't get too comfortable, because Zaku is coming. And it's going to open up your Lynx to a whole new world of possibilities.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post
    Your eyes popped out at the screenshots.
    Your heart raced from the video preview.
    You were amazed by the final product design.

Don't get too comfortable, because Zaku is coming. And it's going to open up your Lynx to a whole new world of possibilities.
    Ok, so your advertising is a touch over the top. The game looks fantastic though. I will definitely be placing an order and I don't even have a Lynx (yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

October 24, 2009

This is it: endgame. We've worked on Zaku for six long years, putting as much of our heart and soul into the product as we could - and then, we snuck back around and added in some more. The skillful, talented folks at PenguiNet and the quality focused, get things done attitude of Super Fighter Team came together to produce a labor of love for the Atari Lynx: a system we admire and wished to celebrate the power of.

Zaku is here.

$40.00 + shipping and handling. Orders proudly accepted from anywhere in the world. This is the new, fun game that every Lynx owner will enjoy.

Your interest and support are greatly appreciated. We wouldn't have made it this far without them. Now together, let's show the world what the Atari Lynx is capable of.

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/

Never let dreams die!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ordered! Ive been watching this one for a while, so it's nice to see it's finally released
    Cheers Brandon! Ill look forward to it arriving.

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I ordered mine today.

Looking forward to playing it next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Zaku began shipping this morning.
    Thank-you to everyone who placed an order. In just a few days, a nice surprise will be waiting for you.

For anyone who hasn't ordered yet but is interested, visit www.zaku-lynx.com !