Thread: Radio Shack TV Scoreboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Radio Shack TV Scoreboard

I saw one of these in a flea market for $10 loose. There seems to be so many of these things its hard to tell if one is rarer or more valuable than another. Here's a pic:

http://www.electronixandmore.com/misc/2tvscoreboard.jpg

Anyone know anything about this particular unit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I sold a boxed one of these on Ebay many years ago, I think even before Paypal times. The unit itself seemed really cheap. I remember the paddles were connected directly to the unit itself with a brown wire, that was too short and low quality.

I don't remember how much it sold for, I want to say it was either $26.00 or $41.00 For some reason both of those numbers come to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one of those! I bought it from some random antique shop. The RF switchbox is badly damaged, so I have never been able to play it...
    Lurking since '05

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by ice1605 View Post
    I have one of those! I bought it from some random antique shop. The RF switchbox is badly damaged, so I have never been able to play it...
    one of these was represented at the Portland Retrogaming Expo console timeline. Not worth much, I would say pong clones $10 to $15 loose, a little more if in excellent shape and functioning perfectly.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I absolutely love these old pong systems. I have never seen this one but most go for $10-20. They are a lot of fun to bring out when you have some friends over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks guys. I'd like to find the one I had when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure its a radio shack one. It had a gun (very realistic looking IIRC) with target shooting games.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Thanks guys. I'd like to find the one I had when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure its a radio shack one. It had a gun (very realistic looking IIRC) with target shooting games.
    Monteverdi TV Sports 825 is the only Pong game that I know of that has a gun.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Coleco had one or two with a gun (I have the unit, but the thrift store threw the gun away since the cord was frayed ) and I have another one that's essentially a tiny black metal box with two paddles on cords and an input jack for a gun that's also missing. I'm sure there are others, too.

Is it just me, maybe it's a freak anomaly in my particular area, but does anyone else tend to find a whole lot of Bentley Compu-Vision units boxed? I seem to come across them way more than other Pongs. And most of the time they're still in it's original box. It's pretty weird.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Is it just me, maybe it's a freak anomaly in my particular area, but does anyone else tend to find a whole lot of Bentley Compu-Vision units boxed? I seem to come across them way more than other Pongs. And most of the time they're still in it's original box. It's pretty weird.
    Actually, I've got a boxed one in my closet. I did see an unboxed one in a booth of junk at the giant flea market in Canton, TX.

On another occasion I found a set of Bentley headphones mint in the original box. The box itself was very similar to the Compu-Vision box, all silver and everything. I tried out the headphones and the treble on them was waaay to high and they were just very awful, cheap feeling headphones.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

After looking up some of the coleco units that had guns it might have been one of those that I had. Problem is I was 10 and it was 30 years ago and we only had it for a short period of time before returning it to buy a 2600.

Wait, I remember now that we bought it at a store long gone called "Consumers Distributing" here in Canada so it couldn't have been a Radio Shack model. Hmmm. . .

EDIT - A little more research and I stumbed across the Telestar Ranger. The box gives me some fuzzy recollections but two things I do remember - the one I had was black and while and it had 2 gun games so the Ranger fits that description. Also the gun has that realistic look that I remember. Can't be 100% sure but this one seems close:

http://www.pong-story.com/coleco_ranger.htm
    Last edited by Atarileaf; 10-09-2009 at 06:48 AM.