Thread: Recent finds -please tell me what they are...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Recent finds -please tell me what they are...

First off, thank you so much for your help as I am brand new to import collecting. I know this is a long topic with lots of questions, so I hope I'm not abusing this forum. Also, sorry about the crappy pictures...if you want to see something clearer, let me know.

Went to a huge flea market in taiwan. Didn't expect to find atari 2600 games there, but there were some. I bought these four...then found out that many sellers were selling bootleg stuff. I looked up "I want my mommy" and "space tunnel" and they are real, (the former, not a bad find) but I'm suspicious about the lower left one as the text is all in Chinese. Did they make Chinese 2600 games? Bootleg? Others were also selling these "Chinese" 2600 games. They mostly seemed to be 4 in 1 games and the like. And what is that one on the upper right? No label and a switch in the middle...bootleg or something awesome? (I don't have an atari now to check them on right now)

Here is the picture of the rest of the stuff those people had where I got the atari games...I'm guessing most stuff on the far right is famicom stuff...plus some genesis and super famicom carts on the left. But what are those large atari-like cartridges on the middle-right? Too big to be 2600 games. All of their text is Chinese. No Japanese or English.

Is there a way to spot a fake famicom game? Some of them seemed to be fake as the lables were not so clear (slightly pixilated or blurry) but maybe they just used to use lables like that...Do all famicom games have to have a white japanese label with text on the back...those seemed to be the legit ones...

The three "atari-like" cartridges I ended up buying just for fun. All of the text is Chinese.

Plus a picture of a big load of stuff that came in a bag before I realised there were bootlegs there. What are those "Crystball" and "Popo" ones on top? I'm wondering...do all gameboy games have to say "Nintendo Gameboy" at the top, cause some just say "GAME" I'm assuming those are the bootlegs. Also, one Gamegear says "SEGA" on bottom and the other says "GAME"

I know some of them are PC Engine games, but what are those smaller cards and the carts on the bottom?

Lastly, picked up some FC and SFC stuff...probably really common stuff, but who knows...

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by ebenezer; 10-11-2009 at 05:57 AM.