Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games where you can go Exploring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StetsonGraves View Post
    To continue with the old school driving game trend, in Driver if you can get the cops to hit you over the barrier you can explore the ocean...by driving on it =)
    I seem to recall that you can do the same thing in Crazy Taxi, you can drive around underwater and explore a little before time ran out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Best free world game ever. So much to do, see and touch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    Spiderman games I think. Jak 2 was another.

Do you mean games that give you everything from the start?
    I remember Jak 2, all you can do is annoy the cops right? If I'm right? Cause i remember the streets very narrow and a lot of villagers or pedestrians or whatver you want to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Another one that I liked (on the driving topic) was Smuggler's Run: Warzones. I believe that's the name of the GameCube version, but the game also came out on the PS2 under a slightly different name. There were the missions you could try, and then there was the freeplay mode. That's the one I loved, driving a four wheeler across these massive levels and just exploring. The game designers put in a couple video game tokens per level that you could find which would unlock a new level or two when you collected them all. I never played the missions too much, I just drove all over the maps. I loved the GC version so I bought a PS2 game in the same series but with a different name, and it turned out to be the same damn game as the GC one. So I never bought any other Smuggler's Run games, being pissed off at them for that.
    I was 7 or 8 when i picked that game up at Blockbuster, not even knowing what smuggling meant at the time. I'll see if I can pick it up now though somewhere. Isn't the game all desert though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    Don't forget the four old games that are becoming popular thanks to the new PS3 game Demon's Souls:

King's Field (Japan Only) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field (US) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field II (US) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field: The Ancient City (Playstation 2)
    I knew I should've picked that up when I saw it in a thrift shop sometime ago.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    Don't forget the four old games that are becoming popular thanks to the new PS3 game Demon's Souls:

King's Field (Japan Only) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field (US) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field II (US) (Playstation 1)
    King's Field: The Ancient City (Playstation 2)
    Don't forget Eternal Ring and the Shadow Tower games that play exactly like the King's Field titles.

There's also Evergrace and Forever Kingdom that play alot like Demon's Souls. Aside from leveling up, two different attacks types per weapon, and the obvious online aspect, these two games are pretty much Demon's Souls template.

I might try and find King's Field jewel case version, King's Field 2, and Shadow Tower again before the prices sky rocket and "rare" is posted on every auction imaginable.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smuggler's Run was epic. I bought it with my launch PS2 when I was in 6th grade...when I popped that in, the graphics just blew me away. That game was fucking huge. It looked damn nice, played smooth...you could explore the shit out of that game. Probably sucks by today's standards, though. Haven't played it in like 7 years.

Funny, even with all the production values and extra horsepower available, I haven't gotten that feeling with any recent titles.

I'd check out Assassin's Creed and Crackdown. AC in particular is huge, and the environs are beautifully detailed...there's just no missions or real meat to the game. If all you want to do is check stuff out and maybe look for hidden collectibles (of which there are a shit-load) then it would be a good pickup (although I enjoyed the main quest a lot...).

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well. No one else listed any yet other than the Elder Scrolls games, but pretty much any RPG.

The RPG Maker series makes for Infinite exploration. Create your own worlds and explore at your leisure. Alot of PC games have this feature as well.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.