Thread: Mario Kart 64 Soundtrack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Mario Kart 64 Soundtrack?

Found a very nice and clean Mario Kart 64 cd today. Just wondering what these usually go for. I was looking around Ebay and could not find this one. Did see others like Super Mario World, Mario Galaxy, Zelda's, etc, etc. The thing is they have crazy prices from 149.99- 499.99. Really? Do they actually sell at that price? Any help would be great.
    In yo face!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

First of all, you can't trust eBay with soundtracks. 90% (if not more) of the soundtracks on there are bootlegs, and of the few sellers that have legit stuff, some of them price them at absurd prices.

The Super Mario World soundtrack is pretty expensive, as is Legend of Zelda: Sound & Drama, which I assume you're talking about. The Mario Galaxy isn't remotely close to being as expensive as the price range you listed, but the Platinum version does command a premium.

Anyway, those soundtracks are all Japanese, and Japanese Nintendo soundtracks often have pretty small print runs. Many of the older ones (read: Super Famicom era) for the highly desirable titles are expensive.

What I assume you're talking about is a US-released soundtrack, most of which really aren't worth that much, especially the post-SNES ones. I wouldn't expect much for it, maybe 20-30 at the absolute tops, but I'd question even that much. I don't think the Japanese version has much demand, and I don't think the US releases even have the full soundtrack.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 10-28-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Yeah . After I posted I looked around. It's the Mario Kart 64 Race Tracks. Definitly a U.S. release. Never did find it for sale though. hmm? Anyone?
    In yo face!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

$30 sounds about right, though it really depends on the title in question. Something like the US soundtrack release of Majora's Mask or Paper Mario can go for a bit more.

There were two Mario Kart 64 releases... there was the "Best of" release with Race Tracks that was available at stores like Babbages (where I got mine) and a more complete Nintendo Power release thru the Power Catalog.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

there was alos one that nintendo sent free to random people at one point as well (I beleive it had less tracks) I have a copy kicking around somewhere.