Thread: Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360/PS3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Default Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360/PS3)

After spending the past two weeks addicted to this game, I needed to spread the word on this amazing collection. This newer "HD" version has been out for over a month and there has not been any discussion of it here. It's a shame because this game is amazing and worth every bit of the $40 retail price ($30 on Amazon.com). I hope this gets enough support to warrant another collection. I wasn't a huge fan on Pinball before I got this game, but I am now.

For those that already have the past version of this game on Wii/PS2/PSP, I think it's worth the upgrade for the HD graphics, leaderboards, three new tables (Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights, No Good Gofers), and achievements/trophies if that is your thing. For those who don't have any version of this game yet, it is a must-buy.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I was really considering picking this up. Only $30 you say?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the Wii version a lot and really enjoyed it... completed all the Wizard goals. Spelling S-O-R-C-E-R-E-R seven times on one ball was a bitch. Definitely going to pick up the PS3 version but I'll wait for a price drop since I only want to play the 3 extra tables.

Best pinball videogame yet. Hopefully they'll make a sequel that includes some of the licensed character tables. Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, etc.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

How many tables are there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I've been wanting this game for a while now, but I can't seem to find any stores that carry it.

They left out a few of their best tables (Bad Cats, Cirquis Voltaire, AFM, Twilight Zone, and Judge Dredd), but Funhouse, and Medieval Madness, alone, make it totally worth the price tag. Hopefully, we'll see those other tables in a future release, or DLC.

And I'm guessing TZ and Judge Dredd couldn't be included because of liscensing issues.

And Lady Jaye - the included tables are: Gorgar, Pinbot, Funhouse, Black Knight, Space Shuttle, Whirlwind, Firepower, Taxi, Jive Time, Sorcerer, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, and Monster Bash (The last 3 tables are only in the PS3/360 version)
    Last edited by diskoboy; 10-29-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

I love pinball games and am happy that this collection is getting good reviews. It would be nice if we started getting some DLC tables in the future. It would be awesome to build a collection of professionally recreated pinball machines on my hard drive. Of coarse the original physical tables are ALWAYS better but unfortunately they are becoming harder to find. I am fortunate to have a classic arcade in my town with Funhouse, Black Knight 2000, High Speed, etc. but I still crave others like Pinbot, Whirlwind, Theater Of Magic, etc........come back Williams!
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    I love pinball games and am happy that this collection is getting good reviews. It would be nice if we started getting some DLC tables in the future. It would be awesome to build a collection of professionally recreated pinball machines on my hard drive. Of coarse the original physical tables are ALWAYS better but unfortunately they are becoming harder to find. I am fortunate to have a classic arcade in my town with Funhouse, Black Knight 2000, High Speed, etc. but I still crave others like Pinbot, Whirlwind, Theater Of Magic, etc........come back Williams!
    Ever tried Visual Pinball?

http://www.vpforums.org/

VP8 has practically every table you can think of, but VP9 has graphical problems if you own an ATI graphics card. But the physics on VP9 are damn near flawless.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    I was really considering picking this up. Only $30 you say?
    $29.49 from Amazon, on sale today. Ships FREE! GO! GO! GO!

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Ever tried Visual Pinball?

http://www.vpforums.org/

VP8 has practically every table you can think of, but VP9 has graphical problems if you own an ATI graphics card. But the physics on VP9 are damn near flawless.
    Hmm, if it's as good as you say then I will download VP9 and some of my favorite tables tonight after work.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this the same one for the psp and ps3. The williams collection blows the gottlieb out the water. It was to me one of the best releases.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Hmm, if it's as good as you say then I will download VP9 and some of my favorite tables tonight after work.
    Check and see if your favorite tables are on VP9, first - It's fairly new, and alot have tables haven't been ported yet.

VP8 is almost as good, and will most likely have the tables you're looking for. I have both versions installed.

(EDIT- And don't forget to download VPinMAME, too!!)
    Last edited by diskoboy; 10-29-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a great collection. I've been glued to it ever since I bought it. I highly recommend it.

Edit: The only caveat is that half the tables have free play locked. It took me some effort to unlock them all. Until you unlock free play, you must pay from your in game pool of credits to play them.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 10-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really want to get this but my hdtv is very laggy. On the PS2 pinball games I've tried, there's a slight delay from when I press the flipper button to when the flipper actually moves. It's not long but it's bad enough to make them unplayable.

Is there any kind of lag calibration in this game? Like how there is in Guitar Hero/Rock Band? Don't think I'll be able to play it otherwise.
    Last edited by norkusa; 10-29-2009 at 04:59 PM.