Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: November 2009 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

$2 each. These ones are worth a lot more than that online... one particularly has some definite value. Not that Goodwill would know that.

PC
    --
    The Legend of Kyrandia Book Two -- The second of a Westwood adventure game series from the early '90s. I don't know much about these, but this seems to be the best regarded and most expensive of the three, going for like $20 at least on ebay... some good reviews too, I think. I should try this one, even if it would be nice to start from the first game...

The Legend of Kyrandia Book Three: Malcom's Revenge -- the last one in the series. A little cheaper than the one above, but still at least $12 or something on ebay.

L-Zone -- I had never heard of this game before, but it looked a bit interesting, so I got it. Evidently is is quite rare and valuable... huh. This is the second version, 1994 (the first was from 1993). No copies on EBay now or recently so I'm not sure exactly how much this is worth (is there a site that tracks EBay prices for games after they vanish from the site? That would be useful...), so how much IS this worth anyway? Again it's just the jewelcase, but it is the complete jewelcase with manual and disc in it. It's a prerendered CG adventure-ish game, except more about just experiencing the environment I guess because it evidently doesn't really have actual puzzles. It's supposed to be just a few hours long. It's from a Japanese development team. They made several other PC games too, which are also quite rare and also aren't games I have heard of before. No, they didn't have copies of those other ones too at the store.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 11-22-2009 at 01:34 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got relatives visiting this week, and they wanted to do a flea market. Went to the Big Top, it's a little far but we haven't been there for a long time. I found some pretty good stuff...

Games (all complete):

Rogue Galaxy - $8
    Tomb Raider Chronicles - $2
    Airforce Delta - $3
    King of Fighters Evolution - $7
    -The above were from a place that had Play N Trade price stickers printed out, but they weren't calling themself Play N Trade. They had a ton of stuff though, I just picked up what cheap CIB DC games I could and Rogue Galaxy. That was marked $10 (with GameStop's price noted above it), but they gave it to me for $8, which I was happy about. Other things of note were a Virtual Boy for $99, and a CB copy of Super Castlevania IV that hadn't been priced yet. I asked about it, but they were shooting for more than I wanted to spend.

Crazy Taxi 2 - $2
    Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness - $2
    -These were from some guy's booth. He had a Dreamcast there and a few other games, but these were the only interesting ones. He wanted $25 for the whole thing, which might not have been bad in hindsight, but I said "Hey, would you go a dollar or two for each game?"

This was the interesting part of my day. You know how flea markets always seem to have big rug stores, which take up a warehouse-sized arm of one of the buildings? How the rugs are just stacked in huge piles? Well, imagine broken, returned, RMAed, and overstocked guitar and drum peripherals instead of rugs. I'm really kicking myself for not taking a picture, because it was one hell of a sight. Crate after crate of broken guitars, drums, and more. They were selling a complete "Rock Band Set" for $50, assuming you could find intact instruments. Most of it was Best Buy returns, but some of it was from unknown origin like the crate of broken PS3 controllers (would have dug through it, but it didn't look worthwhile). There was also a few tables of PSP stuff, along with DS cases and DS phat shells (the actual plastic casing). In a bin of open-box PSP AV cables, I find a few component cables, but ended up finding a RocketFish branded one instead. Also found a bagged unnamed PSP2000 flip cover, identical to the one I just broke recently. $13 for that stuff, down from the $10 and $5 they were asking for each thing, respectively. God, I wish I had taken a picture, I never imagined I'd see such an odd sight. I asked the guy just exactly where it all came from, and he said they bought it from some warehouse that got all the returns. I thought RocketFish was Circuit City's brand, so I'm going to guess it was a buyer for both returns and liquidation.

Music:

$25 at the vinyl guy for everything except The Church's Sometimes Anywhere and Pendulum's In Silico, which were $1/each at another stand. War and Dulcinea are two of my favorite albums, which I've been wanting to own for a long time. Parents let me borrow the first one, and the second I got in low quality from Sony Connect back in the day. Lots of good 80s and early 90s stuff.

One thing, however, made me glad I decided to dig a vinyl booth that wasn't just $1 stuff:

$5

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a new car on Thursday (2006 Acura RSX Type S) and decided I wanted to have some fun running around town in it. My local PnT is running a Black Friday deal. Buy2Get2 for all retro titles. I had the owner set aside the most expensive items for me that were CIB so that I could splurge on them. Here's the first of my catch for $160 (paid $70 after store credit):

Play-N-Trade (Buy2Get2):
    PS1
    Vanguard Bandits - $80
    Valkyrie Profile - $80

Gamecube
    Phantasy Star Online Ep. I - $50
    Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II Plus - $70

I'll be picking up 10 SMS games on actual Black Friday.

Next stop was the Flea Market in Sanford:
    Video Game Trader (Buy2Get1):
    TG-16
    TV Sports Football - $2
    World Class Baseball - $2
    Victory Run - $5

Genesis
    Desert Strike (Cardboard) - $3
    Shove It! - $5
    Dinoland - $10
    Art Alive - $15
    Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge - $1

Atari 2600
    Keyboard Controller (loose) - $1
    Tac-Scan (loose) - $2

Cybertron:
    Dreamcast
    Disney's Dinosaur - $3
    Mad Catz Official Dreamcast Gun - $9

Xbox 360
    Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Game Time - $13

Video Game Trader had a TG-16 boxed, but it was beat up and not worth the price. Gus, the owner at Cybertron, has a CIB Super Mario RPG for $50 that I may end up picking up and some PC-Engine games.

Last stop was a Goodwill on the way home. They almost never have anything, but I found a couple things to make it worthwhile:

PS1
    Triple Play Baseball - $1

Dreamcast
    Virtua Tennis (All-Stars version) - $1

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Was thankful to find some stuff, but not much considering how many places I stopped at (~10 thrifts, ~12 garage sales, 1 closing Blockbuster).

Wii:
    No More Heroes $8
    Ninja Reflex $5

360:
    Universe at War $5
    Beatles Rockband $32

Xbox:
    Otogi 2 $4

PS1:
    Rascal $2

DS:
    Guitar Hero On Tour Decades $5

NES:
    Adv. of Rad Gravity $1
    Batman $1

Kingdom Hearts 1 Strategy Guide $0.10
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy Strategy Guide $0.10

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my finds from friday:

I've been wanting a small TV for the garage to watch, and test systems, it's got a great picture. The CDI joystick was .99, the guy was just thrilled to finally get rid of it (bought it at an electronics store). I thought the SEGA cart was one of the writeable ones from blockbuster or something, but I couldn't find anything when I did a quick search. I always pick up the HP calcs when I find them for a buck or two.

later,
    charles
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I wonder what that Genesis cart is. Does it do anything when you put it in a genesis?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    my finds from friday:

Awesome HP 12C (am I right about that model number or is it 11C?) financial calculator. Depending on it's condition I'd say it's worth at least $30.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Town Flea Market $20.00

There were two but I didn't pick up both as I'm still sitting on a TOP LOADER listed on ebay.
    I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet..

Heavyweight Coca Cola trucks,3 for $10.00

GAMESTOP

$20.00 It's Mint.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Awesome HP 12C (am I right about that model number or is it 11C?) financial calculator. Depending on it's condition I'd say it's worth at least $30.
    Good eye, but it's actually your second guess: 11C
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    Good eye, but it's actually your second guess: 11C
    I don't know if you know what I'm talking about but a 12C looks exactly like that except it's gold instead of silver :P. I know that pictures sometimes just don't get the colors right.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I really shouldn't be spending money right now but it never hurts to browse craigslist, don't want to miss a big deal. Anyway, there was an Apple IIGS lot that I believe was originally posted at $100.00 and then $50.00. Eventually it was dropped down to $25.00 and sat for awhile. It was somewhat close to me so I figured I'd send an e-mail saying that I'd be interested in picking it up for $25.00. I didn't think I would get a reply but sure enough a few minutes later I got a response saying that it was mine and to set up a meeting place for the next day. Turns out the gentleman selling it wanted to meet up like ten minutes away. Really nice guy and a really great Apple IIGS lot containing the following...

Apple IIGS Woz Edition (ROM Version 01, maxed out RAM card, looks like it has a SuperDrive controller card in there too)
    AppleColor RGB Monitor
    ADB Keyboard and Mouse
    AppleDisk 3.5" drive
    UniDisk 3.5" drive (needs work, disks don't eject)

With the exception of the UniDisk drive, it all works great.

(pictured with one of my 5.25" UniDisk drives, running my favorite Apple II game, Tass Times in Tonetown - I know, time to play the IIGS version now)

No IIGS software other than Basic on a couple disks but that can be remedied with ADTPro. This one will be going into storage at my parents place until I have space to have it properly set up.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-22-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    A few things I picked up today...

Do you live in Madison? Did you get those at Pre-Played? I know those labels.
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Apple IIGS Woz Edition (ROM Version 01, maxed out RAM card, looks like it has a SuperDrive controller card in there too)
    A Woz edition? As in Steve Wozcwhatshisname? o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    A Woz edition? As in Steve Wozcwhatshisname? o_O
    It's not rare, something like the first 50,000 had his signature printed on the front. Turns out the cards inside are what appear to be a second memory expansion card and just a normal serial card. The RAM card in the RAM slot is maxed out to 1MB however.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-22-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome pick up David

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Finally had a chance to go flea marketing with my friends.

Crash N' Boys isn't as fun as I thought, if anyone's interested, it will be up for sale soon.
    Last edited by RadiantSvgun; 11-22-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Cherry (Level 1) PutUrQuarterUp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of finds this weekend.. lots of deals.. lots of photos..

SATURDAY..
    Sealed Atari 7800 thrift find $40..

these are all doubles..

all games sealed except for the extra dig dug, ms pacman, dk jr. and baseball (bottom of second photo).. group also included the following loose 7800 and 2600 carts.. some tough games for both systems.. Miracle Piano SNES (Cart Only) found elsewhere $1.. TI99/4A "Video Games 1" Free..

Next thrift I went to.. Sealed NES and Genesis games $25.. extra Rescue Rangers not pictured..

Goldstar GDI 700 CD-I $10 (No Controllers)..

PSX $3 each (Swapmeet).. All complete except Revelations:Persona and Vagrant Story need manuals..

(Swap and Thrift Finds) PowerJoy w/Multicart $5.. Power Base Converter (Like New) $3.. Gameboy box (missing GB and Headphones) Free.. Virtua Stick (Like New) $4.. TMNT Comics with Cassettes $1 for both.. Thunder Force 3 (Genesis) [included in NES lot].. N64 expansion $2.. Saturn Action Replay 4M Plus $1.. XMen Vs. SF figures $2.. Capcom Pad Soldier (Genesis) $1.

TMNT Lunch Box w/ Thermos $1.. GBA 120-in-1 $3..

SUNDAY

Virtual Boy w/Mario Tennis & Wario Land (No Stand) $10.. NES, SNES and N64 games $2 each (RC Pro-Am 2).. KOF R2 Neo Geo Pocket (Complete) $4.. Virtual On (Sealed) $4.. Sega Bass Fishing $2.. NES "Dog Bone" boxed $4.. (All Swap finds)..

Best weekend Ive had in a while..
    Last edited by PutUrQuarterUp; 11-22-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

All I have to say is I can't wait to go to Michigan at Christmas time so I can find all this nice stuff you guys do. Geez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by PutUrQuarterUp View Post
    Lots of finds this weekend.. lots of deals.. lots of photos..

COOL STUFF
    Holy shit! I wish I had finds like that.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

From the past couple of weeks:

Debug PS2 model 50001 w/controller and hookups - $40

Blue wireless 360 controller - $5
    Fable 2 (complete) - $8
    SNES ac adatper - $2
    PS2 Network adapter - $3
    Felix the Cat and Contra Hard Corps - $4
    NES Lot - $30 (keeping this, this is the cleanest NES i've seen in a long time)
    3do controllers - $5 for the pair
    Assorted N64 stuff, 3 games, Guncon 2s - $6 for the lot

The debug PS2 works great, it used to belong to Activision according to the sticker.