Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: November 2009 Finds

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    DMG-01 Game Boy, F-1 Race (with manual), Revenge of the Gator ... Motocross Maniacs, & Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge.
    That's nuts! I had to look at your location to make sure my mother wasn't selling some of my old Game Boy stuff!

Those are the exact games and model Game Boy at home that I played the most, and they were all sitting inside a carrying case. The only games in that case that aren't listed are Kirby's Pinball, Pokemon Trading Card Game and Pokemon Pinball...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I obtained an xBox DVD drive today. I'm unsure as to whether or not it is working, so hopefully there's a simple test to determine if it is (short of taking apart my lovely Crystal Edition xBox, cause that's not happening). I don't need the drive myself, so I'll probably put it up for sale or trade in the forums when I finally get around to making a FS/FT thread for myself.

I also picked up a floppy drive, zip drive, and tape drive for free. The floppy drive I need, and the other two just happened to be in the computer I was gutting. Plus, I found some minor items that should help me fix my iMac G3.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Finally got a few things:

Paladin's Quest - (loose, free in trade)
    Fox Hunt - 20$ (in same deal, only missing manual)
    ---
    Left 4 dead - 7.00$ (complete)
    Left 4 dead 2 - 35.00$ (new, best buy door buster)
    Final Fantasy Chronicles - 20$ (new, wanted to play Chrono Trigger)
    Sega Genesis II RCA cables - free (new, traded Gamecube Dance Pad)

Loving the RCA cables on my CDX!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    That's nuts! I had to look at your location to make sure my mother wasn't selling some of my old Game Boy stuff!

Those are the exact games and model Game Boy at home that I played the most, and they were all sitting inside a carrying case. The only games in that case that aren't listed are Kirby's Pinball, Pokemon Trading Card Game and Pokemon Pinball...
    Incidently they weren't all obtained in one lot. The Game Boy and F-1 I got with some Game Gears and other Game Boy games. Then over a week I traded stuff in at a local game shop, first RotG, then MM and C2BR on another day.

Funny coincidence all the same, we share a similar preference when it comes to good games, I happen to like all these that which I recently got.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got some stuff today...

Doom II (Sealed!) - $5
    Curse of Monkey Island - $3
    Mega Man NT Warrior Promo (back is an ad for Network Transmission) NFR - $1

The first two things I picked up on my way out of class. Up on the sidewalk in front of the tech building was a "yard sale" by some student group. Another guy snagged a 360 minus A/V cables and a stack of loose games for $75, didn't see if it had an HDD or not. Lots of PC games, many sealed, but almost all RTS. I saw some SSI stuff, like Star Generals, not sure what they're worth. I might head back around 5:00PM as they said they might slash prices before donating it to a thrift. Also had some loose 360 games, along with complete Gears of War, Sonic's Genesis Collection, and Universe at War, all $5 each.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The find I posted was technically a December find...
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 12-01-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Got some stuff today...

Doom II (Sealed!) - $5
    Curse of Monkey Island - $3
    Mega Man NT Warrior Promo (back is an ad for Network Transmission) NFR - $1

The first two things I picked up on my way out of class. Up on the sidewalk in front of the tech building was a "yard sale" by some student group. Another guy snagged a 360 minus A/V cables and a stack of loose games for $75, didn't see if it had an HDD or not. Lots of PC games, many sealed, but almost all RTS. I saw some SSI stuff, like Star Generals, not sure what they're worth. I might head back around 5:00PM as they said they might slash prices before donating it to a thrift. Also had some loose 360 games, along with complete Gears of War, Sonic's Genesis Collection, and Universe at War, all $5 each.

Dude. DUDE. Those SSI games are usually worth LOTS OF CASH because they're sealed! Aaaaaaaaaaagh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looked them up, and they're only $20ish, and there's tons on eBay. Some people are asking $50, but there's definitely the same ones sealed for closer to $20. If I see them in a thrift over the next few weeks, and they're cheap enough, I'll pick them up. Heck, maybe they'll put the stuff out again tomorrow, I never know how these student groups do their stuff.

I actually looked at them for a long time, because I KNOW that some are worth something, I just never know WHICH ONES. I decided to just go with one game I know that I'll play eventually, and one for the collection. I've been avoiding buying games to flip unless I absolutely know they're worth it, at least until I get rid of some of the stuff in my pile.

For the record, which SSI games are really worth snagging? Particularly, which ones are worth snagging loose, because I know I've seen a few of them around...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I dunno, I always end up getting some good money on whatever random sealed SSI game I can find. Especially if it's games that were never released on CD on their own, like the early D&D games. (These showed up in compilations, but the important part is the large manuals that these games often came bundled with!)

I think I once sold a copy of Panzer General for $40. Just put 'em on eBay, as an auction, for $9, you'll still make your money back and maybe a bit more since it's the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Saturday, Nov. 28th
    --

$9 for the three. Cart only.

NES
    --
    Conquest of the Crystal Palace -- pretty good game, the main highlight here. Very fun game. Cartridge is dirty, but I'll clean it...
    Kid Niki: Radical Ninja -- hard and frustrating... awesome late '80s/early '90s cover though, just brilliant stuff...
    Shingen the Ruler -- battery-backed strategy game (not Koei). If I take the time to learn it it definitely looks interesting...

--
    Monday, Nov. 30th
    --

Mirror's Edge was $5 on Steam (one day only sale as part of their series of those this past week, sorry if you missed it), so I had to get it. I mean, I've been wanting that game ever since I first heard of it, and that's a pretty amazing price for it...

Also, here's everything I got earlier in the month, before I made the post on the 20th... oh, if I don't say anything, it came with at least the case and manual, and perhaps other paperwork too.

From the first week of November
    --
    Crack Down (Genesis) - cart only, $1

From the second week of November
    --
    Mojo (PS2) - $3
    Mercs (Genesis) - cart only, $3
    Tarzan (N64) - cart only, $3
    Slave Zero (DC) - disc only, $2
    Vandal Hearts (PSX) - $6
    Crash Team Racing (PSX) - $1
    Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (PS2) - disc only, $3
    Bushido Blade 2 (PSX) - $3

Also I got a PSX multitap for $1.

--
    Third week of November
    --
    TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (GB) - cart only, $3
    Sly Cooper in Thievus Racoonus (PS2) - $5
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Saturn) - $3 (case cover hinges are broken off)
    Night Warriors: DarkStalkers Revenger (Saturn) - disc only, $5
    Blazing Dragons (Saturn) - disc only, $5
    Choice Cuts (Saturn) - disc only, free (demo disc with only video demos, no games)
    Sega Bootleg Sampler (Saturn) - disc only, free (demo disc with some video demos and three playable ones, Sega Rally, NHL All-Star Hockey, and Clockwork Knight 2)