Thread: Densha de go PSP - Jet de go PSP advice please?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Densha de go PSP - Jet de go PSP advice please?

Hello,

I'm looking to import a few JAP games for my PSP to try something different and have been interested at some of the quirky sims from over there.

I'm currently considering Jet de go pocket and Densha de go. Now both of these games appeal to me and i've tried to read up on reviews where i can find them but they are sorely limited.

I'd like anyone with any experience of either of these games to help my with choice.

Are they any good? Would you rate Jet de go over pilot academy? If you like Densha then with of the four psp Densha games would you recommend and how import friendly are they to a non Japanese speaking person like myself?

Many thanks for your time. tmc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been a while since I've played either but I remember enjoying Densha de Go a lot more than Jet. And I'm a big fan of flight sims too. Didn't feel like you had a lot of control over the plane and it was even a little too much 'sim' for me (like the part about making sure everyone is seated and buckled up before taking off for example). Plus it was hard to get into it using the PSP controls when I'm used to playing with sticks and throttles.

Densha was more fun because it was faster moving and I liked the way you could rack up combos. I don't read Japanese, so I had a hard time understanding what was going on in both games. Ended up finding a quick english walkthru to get a general idea of what to do though.

Pilot Academy was good from what I remember. Kinda reminded me of Sky Odyssey for PS2 if you've ever played that. Mission objectives were definitely more interesting than Jet. Like take a passenger up for a sightseeing tour, get his 'excitement meeter' maxed out, and land. Jet just had you fly thru a bunch of giant rings from point A to B which got boring after a while.
    Last edited by norkusa; 11-03-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

As was said, the Densha de Go! games are totally enjoyable once you read up on what the different HUD items are and learn a little bit of basic railroading. Sure, you won't know the names of the stations or platforms, but it really doesn't change the game. Only problem is if you really enjoy the series you may start wanting to play the console versions with the throttle controllers, and that can get expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Only problem is if you really enjoy the series you may start wanting to play the console versions with the throttle controllers, and that can get expensive.
    ...But completely awesome.