Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: God of War III Ultimate Edition = Interesting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was going to pre-order this today, shame its now sold out. Guess ill pick up the standard edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    Was going to pre-order this today, shame its now sold out. Guess ill pick up the standard edition.
    Try Barns & Noble, that's where I pre-ordered mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fuck it, Gamestop can keep my preorder and sell it to someone else. I just watched an unboxing video and the Pandora's box lacks detail (color) and cheaper looking than I imagined, also the fucking bonus features and soundtracks are downloadable content! FUCK YOU SONY! Seriously?? I wanted this mainly for a soundtrack "disc", so yeah that pisses me right off, plus the artbook is weak sauce.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-490932.aspx
    Last edited by BHvrd; 03-16-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll bet most of the LE Pre-Orders that sold out going to be flipped on ebay for very high price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Fuck it, Gamestop can keep my preorder and sell it to someone else. I just watched an unboxing video and the Pandora's box lacks detail (color) and cheaper looking than I imagined, also the fucking bonus features and soundtracks are downloadable content! FUCK YOU SONY! Seriously?? I wanted this mainly for a soundtrack "disc", so yeah that pisses me right off, plus the artbook is weak sauce.

I hear your frustration. A lot of the CE these day aren't worth the asking price. I knew the content wasn't worth the price. You only got 3 physical item (game, box & artbook) and the rest is digital download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    8 of 10 LE/SE/CE is not what it is shown on picture. Right now you have to be cautious not to assume all LE/SE/CE are worth the money.
    I'd say the exception is the Call of Duty MW2 Prestige Edition.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    I'd say the exception is the Call of Duty MW2 Prestige Edition.
    What are you talking about? $150 for a cheap pair of "night vision" toy goggles with a cheap sticker on the side that says the name of the game? Probably the most useless and overpriced "limited edition" to ever be released.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    What are you talking about? $150 for a cheap pair of "night vision" toy goggles with a cheap sticker on the side that says the name of the game? Probably the most useless and overpriced "limited edition" to ever be released.
    It wasn't that bad. I had fun with the goggles. Plus you got the call of duty original game. The gamestop re4 LE totally rippoff and the assassins creed 1 le were the worst to me.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Even games with no game content inside the box is worth collecting, take my LE tin box PoP Harem Adventures for example, I picked up for $10 new in 2002 or so, recently I was offered $100 by a PoP collector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post

I hear yeah, that's it? But I'll still go pick mine up today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

What crappy contents. Makes me second think whether to pick up my copy.

$40 for a box and art book. So pricey!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    It wasn't that bad. I had fun with the goggles. Plus you got the call of duty original game. The gamestop re4 LE totally rippoff and the assassins creed 1 le were the worst to me.
    You got COD with the hardened edition as well, so you paid $70 extra for a pair of toy goggles which added nothing to the game. Not only that, but the edition wasn't even limited in any way and is still available. That is the epitome of a rip off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Not only that, but the edition wasn't even limited in any way and is still available.
    I noticed that too.

Amazon is expecting new shipment of this edition on March 28. I thought about picking up a copy, but I'm not sure the extra amount is worth it for a pair of $5 goggles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You got COD with the hardened edition as well, so you paid $70 extra for a pair of toy goggles which added nothing to the game. Not only that, but the edition wasn't even limited in any way and is still available. That is the epitome of a rip off.
    $70 extra for a hardened edition, goggles, head stand, download of the first game, and an art book isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I noticed that too.
    Amazon is expecting new shipment of this edition on March 28. I thought about picking up a copy, but I'm not sure the extra amount is worth it for a pair of $5 goggles.
    The NV goggles are not cheap at all. From what I'm told, they are quite good for a cheaper pair. You can see in total darkness, I tested it during my power outage Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

The NV goggles are not cheap at all. From what I'm told, they are quite good for a cheaper pair. You can see in total darkness, I tested it during my power outage Saturday.
    Thats good to know.

I may pick it up depending if I can squeeze some funds by then. Probably if I have a few PC repairs by then. Who knows.

In any case, I have the Ultimate Edition of GOW III in my hands. It's not THAT bad, but I can tell it was cheaply made. Though it still looks nice.

Though I bet Sony will have quite a few customers complaining that their version arrived broken, due to the horns on the sides.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

$70 extra for a hardened edition, goggles, head stand, download of the first game, and an art book isn't bad at all.

Just to clarify since you seem confused about the economics here, the Prestige Edition was $70 more (not including tax or shipping depending on where you bought it) than the Hardened Edition which was $80 (i.e. already $20 more than just the game). The Hardened Edition already came with the download of the game and the art book. The extra $70 on top of that gave you just the goggles and head stand. You can buy identical quality goggles for $40-$50 on Amazon or at places that sell lower end consumer quality night vision. So, the sticker and head bust was really another $20. If you enjoy it, that's cool, but it sure wasn't inexpensive and it sure wasn't rare. It also did nothing to enhance the game experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Thats good to know.

I may pick it up depending if I can squeeze some funds by then. Probably if I have a few PC repairs by then. Who knows.

In any case, I have the Ultimate Edition of GOW III in my hands. It's not THAT bad, but I can tell it was cheaply made. Though it still looks nice.

Though I bet Sony will have quite a few customers complaining that their version arrived broken, due to the horns on the sides.
    My local GS was sold out, so I ordered it via Barnes & Noble February 19. It says it was shipped today, so I'll likely get it Thursday or so.

Just to clarify since you seem confused about the economics here, the Prestige Edition was $70 more (not including tax or shipping depending on where you bought it) than the Hardened Edition which was $80 (i.e. already $20 more than just the game). The Hardened Edition already came with the download of the game and the art book. The extra $70 on top of that gave you just the goggles and head stand. You can buy identical quality goggles for $40-$50 on Amazon or at places that sell lower end consumer quality night vision. So, the sticker and head bust was really another $20. If you enjoy it, that's cool, but it sure wasn't inexpensive and it sure wasn't rare. It also did nothing to enhance the game experience.
    Ahh, my mistake. You're right, the cost of the game new is $150. The regular game is $60 I believe, so this is $90 more. As for the NVG, I admit I'm no expert, but they seem decent for the price. If I can get the same pair for $50, I guess $20 for the headstand isn't too bad.

In any way, I still got a deal. I bought it used in mint condition (box, download not used, etc.) for $105 shipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't going to get the Ultimate edition, but all my local Best Buy had left were 2 of those and no regular copies. So I went ahead and got the Ultimate. Haven't opened it yet, but I think it will look good sitting with all of my other game props so I'd say it was worth it.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I'm gonna skip the LE; the box felt really light in my hands, and I'm not really in a position to drop so much on a game at the moment. I'll pick up the standard edition later on down the road.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

I pre-ordered mine off amazon and it shipped yesterday. Sadly, I'm not really a fan of God of War, I just thought it would be hard to find later on down the road and it sounded cool at the time. Now I'm kinda unsure if I want it.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"