Thread: A couple quick random thought about Ninja Gaiden for Wii VC

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default A couple quick random thought about Ninja Gaiden for Wii VC

I decided to go through this old favorite on the Wii VC just to see if I've still got it. I was surprised that the ending where the castle falls was not animated correctly at all (it doesn't actually fall, but you can see it try to). Also, the wall jumping is much more difficult using the Wii controllers (most especially when you jump up a vertical "non-ladder" wall). I don't know if it is bad emulation or just the controllers, but It seems to be way easier on an old NES pad.

That is all...just wanted to air a little frustration. The game never does get old, though! Still awesome.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was one of the first VC titles I got for the Wii. I remember the first time playing it in several years caused a feeling of excitement as I ran through the first stage killing thugs and hopping up on signs coming off of buildings.

I thought at first the jumping was not up to par. I think it's more my fault than the controller or the emulator. I could be wrong, though. I seem to have gotten better at it. I still get frustrated when I get all the way to 6-3 and keep dying horrible, miserable, deaths and cannot get any further.

I do like one thing about the VC: you can stop wherever you like and pick up the game later as if you paused it and left the tv on! (As long as you don't "reset" the software of course!)
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)