Thread: Could it be? Planesecape-Torment finally getting a rerelease?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    Nikademus1969

Exclamation Could it be? Planesecape-Torment finally getting a rerelease?

This is kind of old news, but I have not seen it mentioned here.

It looks like the classic PC RPG Planescape Torment is finally getting a re release

So far it's only listed as a pre-order on Amazon's UK site - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plane-Scape-...8&s=videogames

From RockPaperShotgun...

Just picked up from Richard Cobbett’s twitter, it appears that Interplay are re-releasing Planescape Torment. Its release date is listed as the 30th October and the price is a – not-much-change-from-the-nature-of-twenty-quid – 17.99 of your Earth pounds. In fact, it appears to be a whole load of Interplay other material too. It’s a surprise to see a decade-old game released at a mid-range price… but it’s also one that I find hard to argue against. A game that’s still placing high in all-time lists, that’s been unavailable for years, that goes for full-price when it turns up on eBay and hasn’t been superseded in any way. If the gaming equivalent of the Beatle’s price never going down and this means that Dan Gril has no excuse but to finally return Alec’s copy to him. Hand it back, you bast.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...nt-re-release/

Oh please please please let this happen....

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Wow, this is certainly unexpected. I never got around to playing this game, but it's always been high on my list of "things to do when you have some free time". The Planescape world always seemed incredibly interesting... it's a shame no one else ever really did much with it, instead everyone just keeps making more Forgotten Realms games.

Since the company has been spiralling the drain for some time now and is desperate for some cash, I was going to suggest they put out a compilation of their old stuff... but clicking on the third link in that quote shows that they already are! I would have thought this game would be caught up in licensing hell... but I guess Interplay still has the Planescape license or something? It's too bad they couldn't stick a re-release of the original Wasteland into that Fallout collection... but I think EA somehow owns the rights to that one.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    Nikademus1969

I'm really liking that it's gonna be on DVD. Hopefully it's got some other upgrades to it as well, like higher resolution graphics and widescreen compatibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    Nikademus1969

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro View Post
    Wow, this is certainly unexpected. I never got around to playing this game, but it's always been high on my list of "things to do when you have some free time". The Planescape world always seemed incredibly interesting... it's a shame no one else ever really did much with it, instead everyone just keeps making more Forgotten Realms games.

Since the company has been spiralling the drain for some time now and is desperate for some cash, I was going to suggest they put out a compilation of their old stuff... but clicking on the third link in that quote shows that they already are! I would have thought this game would be caught up in licensing hell... but I guess Interplay still has the Planescape license or something? It's too bad they couldn't stick a re-release of the original Wasteland into that Fallout collection... but I think EA somehow owns the rights to that one.

--Zero
    The BG and Icewind Dale compilations that show up in that link have been out for a while. I bought the IWD one a couple years back. They're only sold in Europe IIRC (meaning just look on ebay and you'll find 'em )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro View Post
    I would have thought this game would be caught up in licensing hell...
    That's what I always figured. (A complete Fallout collection, sans Wasteland, has been available for years now, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikademus1969 View Post
    I'm really liking that it's gonna be on DVD. Hopefully it's got some other upgrades to it as well, like higher resolution graphics and widescreen compatibility.
    http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/...ly-modded.html
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)