Thread: Ebay seriously screwed up and really pissed me off!!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay seriously screwed up and really pissed me off!!!

OK it's seriously time for me to rant!! Hopefully this doesn't end up being too long.

OK, to start things off I"ve had my paypal account tied to Ebay for like 8 years now and used to buy and sell ever since and it's also a premier account and I checked to make sure there was no problems with my paypal account. So a few days ago I sold some items and it Ebay said that payment was processing through paypal. I then start getting emails from a few sellers with general questions and them stating that they paid, none of them bad just inquisitive. So since Ebay said payent was pending I have been checking my paypal account for the last three days wondering why my money hasn't showed up in my paypal account yet. There's not even as much as a pending transaction listing in the activity log. WTF now.

Finally after scouring Ebay's personal account areas and looking through my account and every time I clicked on the "claim your payment" field I finally realized that Ebay made a big mistake. My email from ebay has always gone to a separate address than my paypal email address. Somehow Ebay created a fake paypal account with my other email address and the money was sent to an account that didn't exist. I don't get it. I checked the Paypal settings and it still had my original account listed for my paypal address with no trace of how the other address got there. I don't get it, I paid for two auctions today and it pulled the money from my proper paypal account.

I had to go and create a new account to accept this money or tell every buyer to cancel their transactions and resend it to a different address. I tried to tie my existing bank account to the new account to withdraw the money but paypal said that bank account was already in use by my other account and can't be used twice. I can't cancel it from my original account because I withdrew some cash from paypal to my bank account and it was still pending. I added another bank account to this so called "new" paypal account and I can't withdraw the money to that bank account either since I haven't verified it yet, once it's verified then I have to wait 3-5 business days for the money to transfer to my bank account.

I don't get how ebay managed to do this to me but I know for sure that I never even created a paypal account with the second address. Ebay just really messed me up. I was going to use some of that money for some bills but it looks like I won't get it for a few weeks yet unless I want to transfer it between accounts and pay paypal's transfer fee$. I just finally decided to sell something on ebay again after a long hiatus due to their ridiculous seller hurdles and standards and the greedy idiot sellers that plague the site now but now they found another way to screw me. I'm seriously thinking about closing my account for good!!

Sorry but I needed to rant!!

Share thought or opinions, what do you all think??
    Last edited by vintagegamecrazy; 11-23-2009 at 12:22 AM.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I've gotten some PayPal payments sent to my eBay address (which used to be my personal address). Why, I have no idea, as I've ALWAYS posted my PayPal email address in the invoices. So I changed it to my PP address and I still get payments sent to my old address once in a while.

And you could've just told the buyer that he could cancel the payment since the email didn't exist. The payment is simply "unclaimed" at that point. They can cancel it and send it to the right address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know but I had three different auctions and I didn't want to have three different buyers resending payments to me. The bad thing is is that all three of the buyers used checkout which my paypal address is tied directly to so it's ebay's fault that the money got sent elsewhere.

I still don't know where ebay got this from when each seller used checkout. Now with what Ebay raped me for in fees for bare bones listings. I sold $65 worth of stuff, five auctions, one buy it now, three sold the most valuable ones. the other four auctions were bare bones with no buy it nows, listing designers or bolds, crap like that and between Feebay and Feepal I got hit for 12.77 in fees. I think it's time for chasethechuckwagon.com

Ebay's a joke!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember i once clicked on "My Account" on ebay and noticed that this line " Your eBay account is linked with your Paypal account: blablahshit@yahoo.com ." had some ridiculous email which was NOT MINE AT ALL. lol i wondered how it got there so i removed it immidiately.
    Last edited by Dark_Sol; 11-23-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

If you don't want to wait for your new account to get rolling, you could always just send the money to your old account as a "gift", and then you don't pay fees and can withdraw it right away. Still have to wait the 3-5 days for the transfer, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Unless the account has been turned into a Premier one, in which case Gifts still get fees.

Assholes.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Unless the account has been turned into a Premier one, in which case Gifts still get fees.

Assholes.
    Not true. This changed some time ago. The way it works now is that a Premier account can send and receive 'Gifts' (any "Personal Transaction", actually) for free, but Personal accounts got screwed so they get fees unless it is a "Personal Transaction" (they used to be free for all payments). This is one change that has actually worked out okay for me, since I don't have to monkey around with two accounts in order to get a no-fee payment (from a DP member, for example, I used to give the option of sending to my acct and paying the fee, or sending to my wife's personal account). Now I can get free payments on my regular account if they use the 'Personal' transaction type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Something similar happened to me a looong time ago before people really knew what they were doing. It was the buyers fault though. They sent the paypal payment to my personal email account which I used to respond to a questions with instead of the link on the auction. I had to create an account with that address to get the money. I did get an email saying that someone sent a payment and that I could open an account to get it though, otherwise I would have thought they hadn't paid. Now I have that address added as a secondary email on my paypal account so just in case it happened again it would go to the same place.
    Last edited by jb143; 11-23-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea jb, I'll have to add that email to my existing account. I went into the new account and cancelled all of the transactions and emailed every buyer and told them to resend the money. Hopefully it all goes through. I cancelled the paypal account too.

I still don't like ebay, they still screw you on the fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Not true. This changed some time ago. The way it works now is that a Premier account can send and receive 'Gifts' (any "Personal Transaction", actually) for free, but Personal accounts got screwed so they get fees unless it is a "Personal Transaction" (they used to be free for all payments). This is one change that has actually worked out okay for me, since I don't have to monkey around with two accounts in order to get a no-fee payment (from a DP member, for example, I used to give the option of sending to my acct and paying the fee, or sending to my wife's personal account). Now I can get free payments on my regular account if they use the 'Personal' transaction type.
    When was this? Because I've had people send me gifts and I STILL get fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    When was this? Because I've had people send me gifts and I STILL get fees.
    I've had a Premier account for some time, since whenever eBay required we take CC payments. I don't know for sure when this change happened. My most recent 'Gift' was Oct 13th, but I know I've gotten them before that. It seems to me it was when they did their last major TOS change, which was maybe 6 months ago (total guess).