Thread: Laseractive CLD-A100

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Laseractive CLD-A100

I got this earlier in the year for $40. That's a little more than I like to spend, but this isn't something you that often. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with the laseractive controller, remote, laseractive games, or manual. Just the unit and the sega module. It does work, but it did have some issues opening up after putting in disk. Someone here suggested opening and closing it a couple times helps that.

I'm wondering what it is worth? I could use some money and this thing takes up a lot of room. I already have a laserdisc player, so I'm mainly just keeping this around as a backup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

They honestly don't sell often enough to get a 100% firm price. The NA Genesis module is the most common one, but it's still worth a bit. I see a system with Genesis module but nothing else go from about $80 to $120. I want to say trending to the high end lately, but I really haven't seen more than one or two sell in the past 6-9 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I used to follow LA prices, the players with the Sega modules would usually sell for $150-$200. If you had accessories like remote, controller, and manual, they'd go for a little more.

If you already have a LD player, just sell the Laseractive. It's not a very good player to begin with and as you already noticed, MASSIVE. It basically does the same thing a SegaCD or CDX can do, so unless you want to play LA games, it's not really worth holding onto.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by erehwon View Post
    I got this earlier in the year for $40. That's a little more than I like to spend, but this isn't something you that often. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with the laseractive controller, remote, laseractive games, or manual. Just the unit and the sega module. It does work, but it did have some issues opening up after putting in disk. Someone here suggested opening and closing it a couple times helps that.

I'm wondering what it is worth? I could use some money and this thing takes up a lot of room. I already have a laserdisc player, so I'm mainly just keeping this around as a backup.
    The unit with what you have can sell $150 to $200. I would not part with it for any less than that. Nice score.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks. Now, I just have to think of the best place sell it at that range. I bet the shipping is going to be expensive.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    The unit with what you have can sell $150 to $200. I would not part with it for any less than that. Nice score.
    I don't know, the fact that the tray is malfunctioning is probably going to cut that range in half. It's not like spare parts or repairs are easy to come by anymore.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But the question is whether it's really malfunctioning or just needs a good lubing.

I'd say put it up on GameGavel first and see if you can sell it there. It's a good way to avoid Ebay fees at least. (They have fees, but I think it's less than Ebay anyway.)
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    But the question is whether it's really malfunctioning or just needs a good lubing.

I'd say put it up on GameGavel first and see if you can sell it there. It's a good way to avoid Ebay fees at least. (They have fees, but I think it's less than Ebay anyway.)
    I'd never heard of gamegavel before. I'll need to look into them and lubing the disk drive mechanism.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Game Gavel and Chase The Chuck Wagon started off as separate sites. GG was later sold off to the guy that runs CTCW, who just now decided to use the GG name instead.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold mine for 165.00 + w/segs module, about 5 months ago.....if im not mistaking shipping was $25.00 + ins.....