Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition

Well here I am, just trying to fill in my ATLUS collection, with the better games they have published, so first when I'm searching, I find a Ogre Tactics: Knights of Lodis compete(box, all the parerwork, and sich) for 25$ as a buy it now option(lol with free shipping as well). Now that's a pretty good find as is, thus I buy it(mind you they are generally 40$ which includes shipping).

However that doesn't even come close to what I found next, now I don't know what made me search under Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis again (there was no reason to, I already ordered the game), but something poped up, that's supposedly so rare, it might as well not even exist(lets put it this way, game companies usually make more prototypes then this). Well Evidently in Japan, they released a special Limited Edition Ogre Tactics: Knights of Lodis game. It is packaged in two boxes(the outer box is made with the high quality cardboard, the type that is rarely, yet usually used on LE Movies. Then if that wasn't special enough, not to mention unheard of, the inner box is made of wood, yes I said wood, and not thin cheap wood either. Lets put it this way, the wood box probally cost more then the game to make. Don't misunderstand me, I literally mean make, not develope). Oh yea, then in that wooden box is the actual box for the game(no joke, there are two high quality boxes, just to house the box that has the actual game in it).

Yes we all know the Japanese go overboard with their gaming, but I never heard of anything as crazy as this, there are million dollar jewels displayed in museums, that don't have displays anywhere near as good as this.

It cost me a pretty penny(and it being this time of year, I hardly have extra money floating around), but I figured I just had to do it(and the fact It's such a high profile title as well, just makes it even more of an amazen find), if I didn't, I know I would never see such an item ever again(it cost me 150$ which seemed very fair since even before calcing any collector value, the packaging job is probally worth 100$ alone going by face value/materials, and the JP version of the game is worth about 30$. Hm, lol but then again, how do you value something that basically doesn't exist, needless to say, I don't plan to ever sell this baby off).

PS. Oh yea this is gonna make you all flip your lid, you know the game box, well it also has the cardboard incert for the game(Who the hell keeps those lol, and it just so happens that an item this rare still has it, everything about this find seems unreal), the person who originally bought this, must of got it specifically to collect.

I tried looking for additional info on the net(see maybe a reason or time these were released, perhaps given out as gifts to members of the developement team or something, you know like what WotC does with Magic the Gathering cards on rare occasions, but I couldn't even find a notation anywhere, that this item even exists).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-04-2009 at 07:56 AM.