Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition

Well here I am, just trying to fill in my ATLUS collection, with the better games they have published, so first when I'm searching, I find a Ogre Tactics: Knights of Lodis compete(box, all the parerwork, and sich) for 25$ as a buy it now option(lol with free shipping as well). Now that's a pretty good find as is, thus I buy it(mind you they are generally 40$ which includes shipping).

However that doesn't even come close to what I found next, now I don't know what made me search under Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis again (there was no reason to, I already ordered the game), but something poped up, that's supposedly so rare, it might as well not even exist(lets put it this way, game companies usually make more prototypes then this). Well Evidently in Japan, they released a special Limited Edition Ogre Tactics: Knights of Lodis game. It is packaged in two boxes(the outer box is made with the high quality cardboard, the type that is rarely, yet usually used on LE Movies. Then if that wasn't special enough, not to mention unheard of, the inner box is made of wood, yes I said wood, and not thin cheap wood either. Lets put it this way, the wood box probally cost more then the game to make. Don't misunderstand me, I literally mean make, not develope). Oh yea, then in that wooden box is the actual box for the game(no joke, there are two high quality boxes, just to house the box that has the actual game in it).

Yes we all know the Japanese go overboard with their gaming, but I never heard of anything as crazy as this, there are million dollar jewels displayed in museums, that don't have displays anywhere near as good as this.

It cost me a pretty penny(and it being this time of year, I hardly have extra money floating around), but I figured I just had to do it(and the fact It's such a high profile title as well, just makes it even more of an amazen find), if I didn't, I know I would never see such an item ever again(it cost me 150$ which seemed very fair since even before calcing any collector value, the packaging job is probally worth 100$ alone going by face value/materials, and the JP version of the game is worth about 30$. Hm, lol but then again, how do you value something that basically doesn't exist, needless to say, I don't plan to ever sell this baby off).

PS. Oh yea this is gonna make you all flip your lid, you know the game box, well it also has the cardboard incert for the game(Who the hell keeps those lol, and it just so happens that an item this rare still has it, everything about this find seems unreal), the person who originally bought this, must of got it specifically to collect.

I tried looking for additional info on the net(see maybe a reason or time these were released, perhaps given out as gifts to members of the developement team or something, you know like what WotC does with Magic the Gathering cards on rare occasions, but I couldn't even find a notation anywhere, that this item even exists).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-04-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You were just walking along one day and you stumbled over the biggest find ever (Ogre Battle: Knight of Lodis/LE). It must have been a mighty big box to stumble over while you're walking, or that you stumbled over anything game-related while walking.

Congrats.
    Last edited by pseudonym; 12-03-2009 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looked at the listing time and it was only up for like an hour. You really jumped on that fast huh?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    You were just walking along one day and you stumbled over the biggest find ever (Ogre Battle: Knight of Lodis/LE). It just be a mighty big box to stumble over while you're walking, or that I stumbled over anything game-related while walking.

Congrats.
    Bah ok, I virtually stumbled on it lol, better?

Oh you bet It's a big box, Japanese GBA boxes alone are double the size of the US boxes, because the Japanese put full sized instruction booklets in them(opposed to the US's mini instruction manuals), and then there's two other boxes around that, so yea It's pretty big.

Thanks.

To wingzrow: Huh, how were you able to look up the finnished auction(they keep changing ebay, the my ebay page is so screwed up now), without the lot ID #? wow, then I really was in the right place, at the right time(since it was a Buy in now only item, I didn't even look at the listed time), but needless to say, I didn't take long to think about it(after I read all the item info first ofcourse).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I've seen a couple of those before...I believe they only went for around $60-$70 or so. They're not too terribly rare, though they are a bit rarer than the US regular release.
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

It isnt particularly hard to click the "Completed Listings" box when searching:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/I_W0QQitemZ160382096050

Nice find, but if you want to be taken a bit more seriously let US tell YOU how good it is, if you swap it the other way around you come off as a bit of a knob. Sorry to put it harshly.

If it helps, I couldnt find it in google either, but I dont know japanese, so..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mb7241 View Post
    I think I've seen a couple of those before...I believe they only went for around $60-$70 or so. They're not too terribly rare, though they are a bit rarer than the US regular release.
    Becareful, while I was searching for info on this item(unsuccessfully may I add), I did find out, that two of the other ogre games were released as LEs in Japan, so you may be thinking of those.

To phreak97: Ah ok, that's good to know, never even noticed that.

Don't wory that wouldn't really matter, because despite being released in Japanese, the name of the game is in english(among other things), so you would beable to understand enough to locate it, but thanks, atleast I know I'm not alone in not being able to find info on it.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-02-2009 at 06:06 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Re: subject

It's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

ok since you pushed it, heres what happens when you type it in katakana into google japan:

http://gavadon.cocolog-nifty.com/gav...08/1_77e7.html
    Translated:
    http://au.babelfish.yahoo.com/transl...rUrl=Translate

Still not alot of information, but if I didnt have to go to bed I'd pull some more japanese search terms from that site and I'm confident I'd be able to find where they came from.

by the way, the best find ever would be more along the lines of a sealed up shipping container full of something never released.. that kind of thing. you've got a neat little LE set there, but sit back and think a minute..

You've just come into one of the largest collectors forums there are, we see crazy rarities all the time, for most of us thousand dollar cartridges are nothing more than something interesting to chuck on the watch list just to see what they go for.
    You've just come in here saying you saying you've made the best find of all time, and it's in the shape of something which I just found a casual writeup of on a japanese website.

Just because nobody has bothered to look into it doesnt make it rare. I'd say you probably paid about what it's worth, and I'd also say that if I were to keep hunting I could probably buy one for myself within the next week or so.

To avoid the argumentative tone of this thread you really should have just thrown in a short "hey I'm heaps happy check out what I got, what do you reckon it's worth?"

These forums can be a very friendly place if you dont expect worship.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreak97 View Post
    ok since you pushed it, heres what happens when you type it in katakana into google japan:

http://gavadon.cocolog-nifty.com/gav...08/1_77e7.html
    Translated:
    http://au.babelfish.yahoo.com/transl...rUrl=Translate

Still not alot of information, but if I didnt have to go to bed I'd pull some more japanese search terms from that site and I'm confident I'd be able to find where they came from.

by the way, the best find ever would be more along the lines of a sealed up shipping container full of something never released.. that kind of thing. you've got a neat little LE set there, but sit back and think a minute..

You've just come into one of the largest collectors forums there are, we see crazy rarities all the time, for most of us thousand dollar cartridges are nothing more than something interesting to chuck on the watch list just to see what they go for.
    You've just come in here saying you saying you've made the best find of all time, and it's in the shape of something which I just found a casual writeup of on a japanese website.

Just because nobody has bothered to look into it doesnt make it rare. I'd say you probably paid about what it's worth, and I'd also say that if I were to keep hunting I could probably buy one for myself within the next week or so.

To avoid the argumentative tone of this thread you really should have just thrown in a short "hey I'm heaps happy check out what I got, what do you reckon it's worth?"

These forums can be a very friendly place if you dont expect worship.
    Atleast you found something about it(the translation feature, atleast on my side doesn't seem to be working sigh), but lets be real, when this forum has "So, you just scored a unique gaming item. Now you need to reveal your super find to the world! Wondering what it's worth? You found the right place, in this very forum." what do you expect, come on this forum basically begs you to brag. Also note I did use the word possibly for a reason(there's alot of surper where stuff, especially when looking outside just a single country(, I knew the odds were pretty high I didn't have the utmost rarest item ever(LE generally means a print run after all, even if It's only 5, it is still a print run, and more released then other rare items), but as you should know, print runs can also be canceled.

PS. I was able to take something interesting from your links, it would seem while the two items were technically the same, either a totally different wood was used for the box or they were dyed differently(It's really odd that a company would make variations on a LE print run).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-02-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Well here I am, just trying to fill in my ATLUS collection, with the better games they have published, so first when I'm searching, I find a Ogre Tactics: Knights of Lodis compete(box, all the parerwork, and sich) for 25$ as a buy it now option(lol with free shipping as well).

However that doesn't even come close to what I found next, now I don't know what made me search under Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis again (there was no reason to, I already ordered the game), but something poped up, that's supposedly so rare, it might as well not even exist(lets put it this way, game companies usually make more prototypes then this). Lets put it this way, the wood box probally cost more then the game to make. Don't misunderstand me, I literally mean make, not develope).

Yes we all know the Japanese go overboard with their gaming, but I never heard of anything as crazy as this, there are million dollar jewels displayed in museums, that don't have displays anywhere near as good as this.

It cost me a pretty penny(and it being this time of year, I hardly have extra money floating around), but I figured I just had to do it(and the fact It's such a high profile title as well, just makes it even more of an amazen find), if I didn't, I know I would never see such an item ever again(it cost me 150$ which seemed very fair since even before calcing any collector value, the packaging job is probally worth 100$ alone going by face value/materials, and the JP version of the game is worth about 30$.

PS. Oh yea this is gonna make you all flip your lid, you know the game box, well it also has the cardboard incert for the game(Who the hell keeps those lol, and it just so happens that an item this rare still has it, everything about this find seems unreal), the person who originally bought this, must of got it specifically to collect.

I tried looking for additional info on the net(see maybe a reason or time these were released, perhaps given out as gifts to members of the developement team or something, you know like what WotC does with Magic the Gathering cards on rare occasions, but I couldn't even find a notation anywhere, that this item even exists).
    Seriously dude? You got the museum grade wooden box with it? WTF?1?!?!1 We are all seriously green with envy right now! And a big congrats on getting the "parerwork, incert and sich", BRAVO!
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

but lets be real, when this forum has "So, you just scored a unique gaming item. Now you need to reveal your super find to the world! Wondering what it's worth? You found the right place, in this very forum." what do you expect, come on this forum basically begs you to brag. Also note I did use the word possibly for a reason(there's alot of surper where stuff, especially when looking outside just a single country(, I knew the odds were pretty high I didn't have the utmost rarest item ever(LE generally means a print run after all, even if It's only 5, it is still a print run, and more released then other rare items), but as you should know, print runs can also be canceled.
    This isn't even close. Unspoken rule here: don't make a claim you can't back up.

This is more along the lines of biggest find ever:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85026

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

What I don't understand - the listing said the item was new. Yet looking at it I can clearly see it isn't.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    What I don't understand - the listing said the item was new. Yet looking at it I can clearly see it isn't.
    Well yea the item clearly Isn't "new", and he probally shouldn't have just stated new out of nowhere(the game was made years ago, It's not new, and while the outer box was probally never factory sealed to begin with, the actual game box would've been, which Isn't either, so he should've never used the term new in any way, except perhaps "like new", which is more of a description of the condition, then actionally meaning new, which is what I think he meant), however the upside is, he also posted a Condition rating scale, and tons of pictures, so that new statement really doesn't matter(yea this guy was deffinitly a collector).

PS. You might've overlooked this, but he also made another mistake, he posted ATLUS as the publisher, now as far as I am aware, Nintendo Published the Japanese version, not ATLUS(It is possible that Quest contracted ATLUS to publish the special run, but I doubt that's the case, as I didn't see any ATLUS logo on any of the cardboard boxes).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-02-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Guys, give Zoltor a break; you shouldn't behave like ass for this thread, for him that find was awesome; what do you care if is not !?????

Congrats, Zoltor; hope this find will be the center of your collection
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    Guys, give Zoltor a break; you shouldn't behave like ass for this thread, for him that find was awesome; what do you care if is not !?????

Thanks, it most surely will be, until I get one of the fabled still factory sealed Dragon Warrior 3 games for the NES(besides it basically being like the most valuable non prototype/beta or limited run type of thing, it also happens to be my favorite game of all time), frankly It's amazing those actually exist(since the game was so good, everyone opened them/bought them, nvm the fact it was released before the time people actually thought of games as possible collectable items), but they're out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud for him that he found something he considers a great find but the thread title is a wee bit misleading. An awesome find to him, cool deal. NOT the biggest find ever, by any stretch of the imagination...
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh you bet It's a big box, Japanese GBA boxes alone are double the size of the US boxes, because the Japanese put full sized instruction booklets in them(opposed to the US's mini instruction manuals), and then there's two other boxes around that, so yea It's pretty big.
    Since when were Japanese GBA boxes bigger than US ones. All the import games I have are about half the size of the US boxes. Maybe in special cases like that limited edition but for the most part they are smaller.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Words fail to express my disappointment...

Glad your happy and all dude, but those are serious words to post 'round here. Past experience tends to lead to great expectations, then this. It's like a dead Santa stuck in your chimney Christmas morning, scratch that, it was Dad...

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoxicone View Post
    Since when were Japanese GBA boxes bigger than US ones. All the import games I have are about half the size of the US boxes. Maybe in special cases like that limited edition but for the most part they are smaller.
    I don't know, but pretty much everyone I see, are in bigger boxes, and no they don't even need to be special additions(but then again my favorite genras are RPGs, and tactic games, which the Japanese take those types of games seriously). I generally don't go looking for JP game(as I can't read Japanese, and in almost every case, if a US version was made, the US version is worth more money anyway, ofcourse games like this being a major exception), but everyone I do run into, seem to be in bigger boxes.

PS. Lol, It's not like super famicom games, where there is an insane amount around/floating on ebay after all, so I just on accasion run into various JP games.