Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Finally played this last night after downloading it a week or so ago. Didn't stop until I beat it on Normal Mode with Mega Man. Loved every bit of it except for a few parts where I yelled at the screen and wanted to throw the controller... but that's what makes it a classic Mega Man game. Awesome. These games are like Rocky movies. Capcom could make 20 of them and I'll gladly buy and play every single one of them.

So with that mini-review outta the way, I need some help. HOW do you beat the soccer mini boss in Strike Man's stage without using special weapons? I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to attack its head using the Mega Buster... and that's weird for a Mega Man game, at least for me it is. I've been playing these games since the first one in 1987, and I don't remember ever not being able to figure out how to beat a boss of any kind. I usually always figure it out within a few minutes. But this one... DANG... kudos to Capcom for stumping me. I had to wait until I'd completed a few other stages and gotten some weapons before I could beat the thing. But there's gotta be a way to do it with the Mega Buster.

I'm sure it's probably easy to do once you've figured it out, but I never did. Anyone? Help?
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    Finally played this last night after downloading it a week or so ago. Didn't stop until I beat it on Normal Mode with Mega Man. Loved every bit of it except for a few parts where I yelled at the screen and wanted to throw the controller... but that's what makes it a classic Mega Man game. Awesome. These games are like Rocky movies. Capcom could make 20 of them and I'll gladly buy and play every single one of them.

So with that mini-review outta the way, I need some help. HOW do you beat the soccer mini boss in Strike Man's stage without using special weapons? I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to attack its head using the Mega Buster... and that's weird for a Mega Man game, at least for me it is. I've been playing these games since the first one in 1987, and I don't remember ever not being able to figure out how to beat a boss of any kind. I usually always figure it out within a few minutes. But this one... DANG... kudos to Capcom for stumping me. I had to wait until I'd completed a few other stages and gotten some weapons before I could beat the thing. But there's gotta be a way to do it with the Mega Buster.

I'm sure it's probably easy to do once you've figured it out, but I never did. Anyone? Help?
    You ride his fist up and shoot him in the face with the mega buster :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    You ride his fist up and shoot him in the face with the mega buster :P
    Good grief. That's it? I tried that a few times and kept bumping my head with his, so I figured I had to shoot the soccer ball into him somehow.

Oh well, I'll try it again. Thanks.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    Good grief. That's it? I tried that a few times and kept bumping my head with his, so I figured I had to shoot the soccer ball into him somehow.

Oh well, I'll try it again. Thanks.
    I did too, and I'm still wondering if you're supposed to do something with that ball. It's not there in easy mode.

Has anyone braved hard mode yet? I started playing Sheep Man's stage, but all I saw were more enemies, seemed more tedious than challenging.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I played the demo of MM10. Still won't purchase it because I want a physical copy of the game, but I liked it more than the MM9 demo.

Hopefully they release MM9 and 10 for PSP or DS as some sort of combo pack.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Just downloaded it for the PS3 and chose "easy" just to get the feel of it. It's been years since I've touched a Mega Man game (even though I have part 9, I never actually played it much), so starting at "easy" helps me remember and regain my skills.

It's actually pretty good, though some bosses remind me of others, like one that looks like Napalm Man!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I played the demo of MM10. Still won't purchase it because I want a physical copy of the game, but I liked it more than the MM9 demo.

Hopefully they release MM9 and 10 for PSP or DS as some sort of combo pack.
    They're never going to if people keep up that attitude. I agree as much as the next guy about the evils of download purchases, but they're a necessary evil in the industry today, and will continue to be for a long time. Given the nature of these games, it's digital distribution or nothing. I'm very thankful that it's not the latter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They're games based on somewhat better than NES hardware. Capcom made these games for guaranteed, next to nothing. So these games aren't even worth close to $10 for something created in this day and age. Because of that, I won't purchase them unless they're a physical copy. I'm honestly not missing out on anything because if I really did want to play a Mega Man game in this style, there are six on the NES.

Even the cheapest shovelware games probably took more money to make than the new Mega Man games.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    They're games based on somewhat better than NES hardware. Capcom made these games for guaranteed, next to nothing. So these games aren't even worth close to $10 for something created in this day and age. Because of that, I won't purchase them unless they're a physical copy. I'm honestly not missing out on anything because if I really did want to play a Mega Man game in this style, there are six on the NES.

Even the cheapest shovelware games probably took more money to make than the new Mega Man games.

What in the world are you talking about? I generally dismiss a lot of your criticisms as opinion, but I honestly don't see where you're coming from on this one. If anything, it takes more effort to work within those limitations. Anyone with basic art skills can make an HD sprite, and you can pay another person to animate the limbs using vector graphics, but it takes time and skill to downscale the art and have it look good. Level design and balance, however, are the real meat of MM9 and 10 though, and it's top notch in both. Trust me, enough time and money were spent on this one, which I can't say about any shovelware title.

You haven't even seen the Challenge Mode of MM10, so you have no right whatsoever to make monetary value assumptions. It may not be perfect, but it's a better value than most (if not all) of the $60 schlop we get on disk these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    You haven't even seen the Challenge Mode of MM10, so you have no right whatsoever to make monetary value assumptions. It may not be perfect, but it's a better value than most (if not all) of the $60 schlop we get on disk these days.
    There are 10 challenges available on the demo. Every other challenge is ????'d out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

You're seriously missing out Kupo, there's a lot of challenges that get unlocked as you play the game. In this day and era, you'll likely not find a game done in 8 bit style on solid media, it's a necessary evil of modern console gaming.

Buuut, if you're waiting for this to be put on a DVD,CD, or UMD, have fun waiting, I'll be playing my copies of both again and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I suspect he will get his wish eventually. I wouldn't be surprised to see Capcom develop another Mega Man collection and include these two releases.

They also have a substantial XBLA/PSN library that would make for a nice retail compilation later this generation when download sales start to slow down for games like MM9.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-13-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Shit, why bother trying to convince the guy? Let him have his head stuck in the ground....the rest of us can actually enjoy a fun game.

If money spent on development actually meant anything, Grand Theft Auto IV would have actually been a good game.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Shit, why bother trying to convince the guy? Let him have his head stuck in the ground....the rest of us can actually enjoy a fun game.

If money spent on development actually meant anything, Grand Theft Auto IV would have actually been a good game.
    Seriously! Stop feeding the troll.

I just completed the game and still have challenges I have not unlocked. There are TONS of challenges - and unlike the challenges in MM9, they are not ALL "don't miss a shot and beat the game" they are fun challenges in little chunks.

I am really looking forward to the DLC too, with the oddball choices of robot masters to bring back, and all.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not fond of download strategies myself, but certain games fall into it's groove pretty well. At retail, these on disk would be $20-30 each when released. Download for $10 w/ optional upgrades isn't too bad. Because they actually give you what you'd want out of the scenario, constant availability (how many would wager that these would be B or C ranked releases in the eyes of Gamestop etc? Ensuring that, unless you pre-order it, you're left hunting a copy), more choice (if a little limited) with a reduced cost...

Now the PSN prices on PSP games, that either have or could have easily had UMD releases, being full retail... That is just fucking stupid. If I have to wait and keep checking in sporadically for a sale to buy... How is this different, or more beneficial to me than the retail shelf again?!? Those downloads, are bane and the antithesis of what we were all sold or told when all this BS began.

Then again, if you want to skip it, go for it. A comp is pretty likely to come about sometime. To get some more sales from those who are not 'connected'. Just don't cry if your eggs don't hatch.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would happily pay over double the asking price if it came with a box and manual. Hell, if Capcom would release a limited physical edition bundle with a couple of nice extras, I would even pay full price for it.

I'll still pick up the game eventually (just finished MM9 the other day so for now my Megaman "fix" is satisfied), but I really wish Capcom and other companies would consider giving these games the special treatment they deserve. I'm pretty sure we'll see them pop up in some compilation eventually though.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the first batch of DLC is released today lol.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last edited by Arasoi; 04-05-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The DLC content slated for the end of the month has been released in WAD format, the data was just sitting in the wad download for the first DLC. Oye.

The other two special stages are a bit easier than Enker's, they each have an e tank you can get to help in the boss battles. Those are a tiny bit a harder (Ballade being the most difficult) but nothing too bad.

Once you beat them you get their weapons for use in other modes.

The endless mode is a lot of fun, ranking by how many screens you make it through.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Anybody actually tried to complete the "No damage" challenge yet?