Capcom has re-released a number of classic fighting games over Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network, and Wii Virtual Console in recent years, including straight-up ports and full-blown remakes. But one game that it seems we'll sadly never seen again is the cult PS1 classic Rival Schools: United by Fate.

"There are IP clearances and rights we no longer have (particularly pertaining to voicework/soundtrack I believe) so our IP management group has told us it can't be re-released," said Capcom's Christian Svensson, in response to a user's forum question about the game (via Destructoid). "I'm sorry as it's one of the ones I really wanted to see be put back up. So if you still have that PS1 Rival Schools disc in your collection, it's unfortunately going to be the only way that gets played for the foreseeable future."

As for the game's Dreamcast sequel Project Justice, Svensson didn't specify whether they still owned all the rights to re-release it down the road. Of course, that'll first mean Capcom would have to start re-releasing Dreamcast games, but hey, it doesn't hurt to hope.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177282

so should collector's get this fast before we see the price raised even more?