Thread: Ugh, Microsoft. Where is my 360?!

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ugh, Microsoft. Where is my 360?!

I've been through the drill twice before. You send back your 360, it takes a few days for them to receive it, they scan it in and then immediately ship you back a refurbished unit. There is a site you can check that shows you where it's at in that process. The same day it hits the received step it also skips to "repair in progress", "repair complete" and then "console shipped back".

It's been well over a week since it hit the "repair in progress" step. I did request that they repair the console this time rather than replace it with an old refurbished one, since the one I sent was only a few months old. If they actually are fixing it then I don't mind waiting longer. If I wind up with another refurbished unit... well... nothing, really. Just more frustation, I guess.

I don't really have a repair question. I just wanted to rant about that because I miss playing my games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've generally gone through it randomly on the phone and they have always repaired mine. You'll get it back eventually, but I know how horrible it is to sit around staring at all your games and not having the system to play them on.

Insert Coin (Level 0) adam_devry's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to have that problem then I did something about it. I GOT A PS3!!!! yeah I know ps3 have problems also but 360 has a what 60-70% fail rate outta the box. I was a big 360 fan until my 4th RRD/E74/Drive/No video. I got RRD then sent it in. It got back I played it once waited a week turned it on then blame E74. Yeah 360 has some good games but is it worth not being able to play them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The day after i posted this i got an email saying the console was shipped back. Actually, here is what they sent me...

We are happy to let you know that we have shipped a console back to you!
    A console, huh? How about you ship back MY fucking console that you were supposed to fix? I can't wait until this shit red rings on me in two months. The other odd thing is that it showed my console shipped to a Mesquite, TX repair facility but the console that is coming to me shipped from somewhere in Tennessee, but it made a stop in Texas before continuing on to Phoenix.

It just arrived in Phoenix so it should get here either today or tomorrow. Either way I am stoked, I was really hoping it would be back by the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by adam_devry View Post
    I used to have that problem then I did something about it. I GOT A PS3!!!! yeah I know ps3 have problems also but 360 has a what 60-70% fail rate outta the box. I was a big 360 fan until my 4th RRD/E74/Drive/No video. I got RRD then sent it in. It got back I played it once waited a week turned it on then blame E74. Yeah 360 has some good games but is it worth not being able to play them?
    Only three posts in. It's a new record!!!

I do agree 100% and don't have any sympathy for 360 owners because, other than those who bought it back when it was fresh to the market, anyone buying a 360 has had plenty of notice on how absolutely unacceptably horrible the failure rates are. Still, I find it amusing to see how long it takes someone to chime in about the PS3 in these sorts of thread. On the third post is pretty impressive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm not looking for sympathy, haha. after owning a 360 for the past three years i know what you have to deal with if you want to use this system.

i mean, if i had the option of playing every game on the ps3 that i can on my xbox than i wouldn't even hesitate to buy one. getting a ps3 and giving up on the 360 means saying goodbye to halo, gears of war, left 4 dead, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN KEYS View Post
    i'm not looking for sympathy, haha. after owning a 360 for the past three years i know what you have to deal with if you want to use this system.

i mean, if i had the option of playing every game on the ps3 that i can on my xbox than i wouldn't even hesitate to buy one. getting a ps3 and giving up on the 360 means saying goodbye to halo, gears of war, left 4 dead, etc.
    That's only a few games. You can say hello to Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted 1 & 2, the two Ratchet and Clank Future games, Metal Gear Solid 4, and, most importantly... LAIR!!!

Even better, keep your 360 and also get a PS3. If there's ever a reliable 360 model, I'd consider picking one up in the future for Fable 2 and 3, Raiden IV and a few other shoot 'em ups that seem to be available on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breetai View Post
    That's only a few games. You can say hello to Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted 1 & 2, the two Ratchet and Clank Future games, Metal Gear Solid 4, and, most importantly... LAIR!!!

Even better, keep your 360 and also get a PS3. If there's ever a reliable 360 model, I'd consider picking one up in the future for Fable 2 and 3, Raiden IV and a few other shoot 'em ups that seem to be available on it.
    Yeah, Fable is another one I forgot to mention. I have been planning on getting a PS3 eventually. The option of watching blu-ray movies is also attractive.

I don't know why but since that last post I made my 360 has just been sitting at the post office in Phoenix. The tracking site says it left this morning so I should get it back today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, my 360 just arrived. The tracker said it arrived last week but today was always listed as the scheduled delivery date so I guess rather than deliver early they just held it at the post office until now.

The UPS guy had me sign for the package and then went to pull it out from under his arm and dropped it on the concrete. Ouch. It works fine though. For now, at least...